Posey released

duey

Yeah, but Eddie Robinson was an extra coach on the field.

737373[/snapback]

Eddie Robinson also expertly performed his role as "the funnel" in the defensive scheme... :)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep.  That was the guy TD targeted at 12:05am of the free agent signing period.  It's hard to say he underperformed in Buffalo because I never watched/noticed him play before he got here.  I know he would've liked to rush the QB more- BUT, some guys find their way to the ball and make plays.  Posey seemed to wait for the system to put him in position to make plays, and blamed the system when he wasn't perceived as being active.

737261[/snapback]

I thought Posey was traded for Jay Foreman, but I could be wrong. We are at a new era now in Buffalo. Marv is the new GM and right now he seems to be making good decisions.

Good for Posey, no doubt, but I was hoping he could have provided a dangerous pass rush.

737248[/snapback]

Hoping for the last three years?? By the way, are you a part of a veterans association there in Fredricksburg? If so, I am wondering if you put together a quarterly publication? I know that is random but I think one of my family members works for you or with you possibly??

I just vomited a little in my mouth thinking about that Eddie Robinson play.

737393[/snapback]

i was at that game and my friends that r jets fans (i know my mamma tole' me to watch who i hangout with) were busting my chops pretty good after that play and i was sick 2 my stomach as well when it happened.

I thought Posey was traded for Jay Foreman, but I could be wrong.  We are at a new era now in Buffalo.  Marv is the new GM and right now he seems to be making good decisions.

737390[/snapback]

Nope, Foreman was traded for Charlie Rogers.

As for LB depth: not too many mentions of Mario Haggan in this thread. Thought y'all might be interested to know that MH was lining up with the first team in Friday's practice. (TKO was running with the twos; I'm assuming they're taking their time easing him back in.)

Good thing for Posey that a lot of teams are now utilizing the 3-4 def. That seems to be the ideal scheme for him.

737402[/snapback]

My guess is that he'll end up with San Francisco since they didn't end up getting the LB from UVA in the supplemental draft. He's a veteran that would probably mix in well there.

My guess is that he'll end up with San Francisco since they didn't end up getting the LB from UVA in the supplemental draft. He's a veteran that would probably mix in well there.

737473[/snapback]

My vote is Houston where he will be signed for a 2.5 M contract while the patriots offer him minimun veteran salary......wait a minute!

Jeff Posey has been released.

Discuss.

737234[/snapback]

Not surprising. I wrote these comments in posts last summer:

"I have been very disappointed in Jeff Posey. He just doesn't make plays. Maybe it is the system and all, maybe the playbook is slanted to London and TKO, I don't know. I do know that you almost never hear his name called. Don't get me wrong, I would have no problem going into 2005 with the same "D" but if we are looking to see where it could improve, I think Posey is possibly the weakest starter in the group."

And: "...replacing Posey would certainly be on my top 5 ways to improve this defense."

And this in 11/04:

"I don't think Posey is really as good as the rest of the defense so we should keep our eye out for a LB with speed."

Little did I know that we had a quick one already on the roster. I never thought Crowel would get off the bench but Spikes' injury gave him an opportunity and he made the most of it.

So long, good luck, and goodbye Jeff. I'd like to say that I hope he ends up with someone outside the division

KEEP CHOPPIN', DJ!

737347[/snapback]

As a Bills fan I hope he ends up IN the division. He could help our defense and our offense in one fell swoop!!!!! Yeah!!!

posey was released 3 year too late.

was a class act though, never heard a peep from the guy. his saftey on David Carr was his best play with the Bills.

737258[/snapback]

I agree with you. People say he never lived up to his billing ... lets just say his billing included a lot of TD hype. He had one big year as a pass rusher in Houston, playing DE in a mostly 3-4 scheme. We never used him in that capacity in Buffalo.

Crowell emerged and Posey does not fit the new scheme. It is time to make room for the younger prospects. I'll bet that he catches on somewhere. Best of luck to him.

Well I'll go on record saying that I am VERY surprised.

I can't really say I was Posey's biggest supporter here, because I've not been sure that I know the defense enough to judge him, but I have definitely given him as much latitude as anyone else I've read on TSW.

From starter to early camp cut? Wow! I agree that Spikes must be 100% ...or else what the heck is going on? Posey definitely looked bad last year, but our whole defense did. I thought he looked proportionately worse than usual...

It looks to me like we are trying to pay our salary cap dues this year, and will be in a position to be major players in free agency next year. Or, perhaps Posey wasn't spreading enough team spirit and it wasn't entirely about the money / (lack of) talent?