Posey released

duey

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just didn't have the gittyup to play in this defense. They must see a little promise in the young guys and want to get them more reps. One thing I can say about the new sheriffs in town, they don't waste a lot of time on some things. I like it. It's also good for Posey to give him a legitimate shot on another team. Great news for Haggin and Ellison.

Just didn't have the gittyup to play in this defense. They must see a little promise in the young guys and want to get them more reps. One thing I can say about the new sheriffs in town, they don't waste a lot of time on some things. I like it. It's also good for Posey to give him a legitimate shot on another team. Great news for Haggin and Ellison.

737246[/snapback]

Agreed. Posey, from what I've seen and read of him is a real class act. I wish him luck.

i have no opinion on Posey. he was with the Bills for what? 2 ? 3 ? seasons.

he played the non-glorious position of SLB and never really made a great impact, yet i don't know enough about him to know that he was a detrement to the defense either.

i wish him well and am glad he has time to land a job with another team before the season begins. i only hope he doesn't end up with a team in the AFC East....and the Bills OLine makes him look like a Hall of Famer.

And yet another failure by TD.

737255[/snapback]

Yep. That was the guy TD targeted at 12:05am of the free agent signing period. It's hard to say he underperformed in Buffalo because I never watched/noticed him play before he got here. I know he would've liked to rush the QB more- BUT, some guys find their way to the ball and make plays. Posey seemed to wait for the system to put him in position to make plays, and blamed the system when he wasn't perceived as being active.

He never lived up to his billing. Anther Donahue failure. I wonder if this is a good sign that Spikes is well on his way back to full recovery, or just a sign of how bad Posey was?

737259[/snapback]

It was a sign of how a DE/OLB 'tweener had no room in a "Tampa Cover 2" defense, strictly speaking. Speed over size...

I wish him luck also. He will be picked up by someone for sure. I'm a little surprised because I don't think Spikes is ready (I hope I'm wrong) and thought Posey would provide a "stop gap" at LB...maybe Spikes is better that I think.

I wonder if we have someone else in mind to bring in or if our depth is ready to step up?