Paul Lewczyk

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

I went back and read some of Paul's posts the week before he died...you could see that something was happening.

I'm sorry that he couldn't beat this...and now, he's gone. Rest in peace, Paul.

Mike

This is so sad. I remember reading some of his latest posts and thinking he seemed very frustrated. Of course, this could be chalked up to being a) a Bills fan and b) the offseason. I even checked to see the last time he was on because he was one of the posters who regularly posted. As a counselor in training, we always learned that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. However, I can't imagine the pain of losing the love of your life. I pray to God he finds the peace he was looking for. God bless him and his family. :o

I am most thankfull to have got to know and share time and conversations with Paul. Today I think on these words:

ONCE IN A WHILE...

"Once in a while you meet someone,

and soon you both discover the two of you are truly

something special to each other. You share your thoughts

and feelings so relaxed, so openly, and right away you

know your friendship's truly meant to be."

Life isn't about keeping score.

<

It's not about how many friends you have

Or how accepted you are.

Not about if you have plans this weekend or if

you're alone. It isn't about who you're dating,

who you used to date, how many people you've dated,

or if you haven't been with anyone at all.

It isn't about who you have kissed.

It's not about sex.

It isn't about who your family is or how much

money they have or what kind of car you drive.

Or where you are sent to school.

It's not about how beautiful or ugly you are.

Or what clothes you wear,

what shoes you have on,

or what kind of music you listen to.

It's not about if your hair is blonde, red, black,

or brown. Or if your skin is too light or too dark.

Not about what grades you get,how smart you are,

how smart everybody else thinks you are, or how smart

standardized tests say you are.

It's not about what clubs you're in or how good you

are at "your" sport. It's not about representing your

whole being on a piece of paper and seeing who will

"accept the written you."

LIFE JUST ISN'T

But, life is about who you love and who you hurt.

It's about who you make happy or unhappy purposefully.

It's about keeping or betraying trust.

It's about friendship, used as a sanctity or a weapon.

It's about what you say and mean,

maybe hurtful, maybe heartening.

About starting rumors and contributing to petty gossip.

It's about what judgments you pass and why.

And who your judgments are spread to.

It's about who you've ignored with full control

and intention.

I'm still so much in shock. It's times like this that you realize how utterly insignificant the game of football is, and how much of a family TBD really is.

RIP dear old Bib.

When you guys posted those pics with SDS and R. Rich, I sent Paul a PM saying that I thought it was cool that he was still wearing his wedding ring. He responded, "I've never taken it off." The next morning he sent another PM saying, "She's my wife."

A tidbit I left out earlier...

It's odd what sticks with you and what you forget. He probably had well over 10k posts with his various handles, but a couple of threads about wine and service stuck in my noggin'.

I remember, not to long ago, Paul making the point that he could take someone out to dinner and know what wine to order. He felt that it was important and that fact stuck with me for some reason. Paul was a throw back to another generation. A guy that you could have dinner with, talk world politics, music, etc... He could then tell you the top 25 ways to kill your enemy and then request another bottle of Chteau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac from the restaurant's private reserve. I think it was a part of his southern hospitality to make sure his dinner guests fully enjoyed themselves. He took it upon himself to make sure he had the knowledge to do that. He was both a man's man and gentleman at the same time.

Coupled with his love for good food and wine was his appreciation of good service and the need to show that appreciation with a generous tip. He was a gentleman that knew the server was just as important to the evening as what was on his plate, what was in his glass, and who was in the chair next to him. A good tipper doesn't necessarily make you a good person, but I haven't come across a good tipper who wasn't...

That's it. Just two more memories that have been running through my head this afternoon.

I think it was a part of his southern hospitality to make sure his dinner guests fully enjoyed themselves. He took it upon himself to make sure he had the knowledge to do that. He was both a man's man and gentleman at the same time.

700173[/snapback]

That is exactly right. When Kristy and I went down to stay at his house last year, he was the perfect host. Whether it was at his home or out at a restaurant, he made sure that everyone was happy. He also made sure that the servers felt good (tips, conversation, etc) when they came to our table. That is just the type of guy he was.

He also had a couple of guitars (12-string and standard 6-string). He handed one to me and he had one, and we just played while he sang. He was no slouch on the guitar (as Tom mentioned), just like he was no slouch at discussing most any topic.

Kristy and I had a wonderful time that weekend and will always treasure the time we spent with him.

I can't say I knew Paul, and I don't know whether or not I have ever responded to a post of his, but this outpouring of remembrances and kind words is certainly a testament to his impact upon many lives. May he and his wife now finally rest in peace.

A tidbit I left out earlier...

It's odd what sticks with you and what you forget. He probably had well over 10k posts with his various handles, but a couple of threads about wine and service stuck in my noggin'.

I remember, not to long ago, Paul making the point that he could take someone out to dinner and know what wine to order. He felt that it was important and that fact stuck with me for some reason. Paul was a throw back to another generation.  A guy that you could have dinner with, talk world politics, music, etc... He could then tell you the top 25 ways to kill your enemy and then request another bottle of Chteau Lafite Rothschild Pauillac from the restaurant's private reserve.  I think it was a part of his southern hospitality to make sure his dinner guests fully enjoyed themselves. He took it upon himself to make sure he had the knowledge to do that. He was both a man's man and gentleman at the same time.

Coupled with his love for good food and wine was his appreciation of good service and the need to show that appreciation with a generous tip.  He was a gentleman that knew the server was just as important to the evening as what was on his plate, what was in his glass, and who was in the chair next to him. A good tipper doesn't necessarily make you a good person, but I haven't come across a good tipper who wasn't...

That's it.  Just two more memories that have been running through my head this afternoon.

700173[/snapback]

This is sad on so many levels for me but more so because of the fact I never got to cook for him and enjoy it with a great glass (or ten) of wine. Nothing, I repeat nothing like cooking for people like that.