Paul Lewczyk

Actually, his job was pretty much coming up with schemes to take people out in large groups.  <_<

(He was in counter-proliferation.  Making sure terrorists didn't get nukes, and such.)

702363[/snapback]

I never really knew exactly what he did. I knew it had something to do with counter-terrorism. At least he left knowing he was successful in his job. In my former career the souffles just fell if I wasn't successful. In his we all could have fallen. Thanks for your hard work and dedication my friend.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP Paul...

I did not know Paul personally, nor do i even remember any conversations we may have had through the years, however i can appreciate the pain he went through. My uncle lost his wife 5 years ago, and he's still tormented by it. My condolences to Paul, his family, his friends, and his TBD friends.

I have never been to a TBD tailgate, but my first experience "meeting" people from the board came last weekend at the sabres game, where i met DCSabres (from sabresreport), and yesterday when i met promotherobot and navybillsfan. I have been posting here for 4 or 5 years, and over there for a year (even though "over there" is really just an extention of here). I fully understand that we're more a family than anything. It's a sad day for our family here, but we will carry on. I'm sure Paul would have wanted it that way.

Again, RIP Paul, and may you be in a better place than the one you left behind.

Me and Paul used to send private messages too. He always offered good advice or a good recipe. One thing I am realizing is Paul did that with many, many people on this board. He had a personal relationship with most everyone. Says alot about the man. I really am sorry I could not of had a beer with Paul. Paul- you are in my prayers

From AI thread:

QUOTE(BILLS4LIFE @ May 10 2006, 10:09 PM)

What a BS show!

And his response:

If I ever get up that way again, we're having beers. I think you're cute.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss him. :doh:

From Kristy (aka MRS KRC):

Ken knew Paul for years through his posts. He would often come home and relay things that Paul said while we were making dinner (I later told Paul that and he tilted his head off to the side, completely mortified. I think his response was something like, "Christ. Couldn't you two find someum' better to talk about? Good lord...." But then he laughed it off.)

I remember the day that we all found out about Darlene's passing like it was yesterday. Ken was at work and called me at home to tell me. I never expected to hear Ken's voice on the other end of the line. It was a little after 10 am, so I figured it to be my mom or a telemarketer. I was so excited when I heard his voice, not knowing what he was about to tell me. His deep voice was troubled, filled with sorrow. When he told me about Paul's post, I literally felt like someone had dropped a ton of rubble over me. I couldn't get any words out. I stood there, looking out the back door into our yard, trying to make sense of it all. I marveled at how green and lush everything was, how the trees had once again began their springtime circle of life; I watched the wind blow through the leaves. And yet I couldn't understand how this young woman had died- she was only 42 - and was now gone. I couldn't imagine Paul coming home from a long day at the office, ready to see her and tell her about his day....

Here was this man that neither one of us had ever met in person and yet we were just shattered. Our hearts were so heavy with pain and sadness for him and his tremendous loss.

Like so many on this board, we rallied around him and offered love and support through cyberspace. We prayed for him, willing strength to him, all in an effort to help him through this terrible loss. I thought that a card might be another way to show him how much we cared for him, so I found just the right sympathy card and mailed it off. I knew that it would never repair the hole in his heart, but I thought it may bring some reassurance and comfort, no matter how brief.

The next week, I sent another card. The weeks went by and out went the cards. One day I received an email from him telling me how much the cards meant to him, how much everyone's support meant to him. He talked about all of the PMs he received from so many of you, and how touched he was.

Ken and I had the privilege of staying with him for a few days last September. We planned to tour the capital, walk around the cute little town of Alexandria (and yes, I believe he may have even said those words). He also planned various "get togethers" to introduce us to some of the board "locals": DC Tom & his lovely wife Melody, VABills. We all went to a local watering hole on Sunday to watch the Bills game; SDS & R.Rich were there, too. VABills brought his little girl along. What a blast we all had.

One of our favorite memories from that long weekend was Paul's quick wit. As so many of you can attest, often times you never knew what he was going to say next. Late Saturday morning, the five of us (DC Tom & Melody, Paul, Ken and myself) went to Mt. Vernon. We had just walked through the admission gate and were walking along this path that eventually opened up to the grounds. As we were walking along, we were reading through the tour books, randomly mentioning the various attractions that we wanted to see. Then Paul says, "Hey, where are the hemp fields???" Well, my jaw dropped (as did Melody's), DC Tom rolled his eyes, Ken has tears coming out of his.... we were all laughing so hard that we could just about walk the pathway. And there was Paul....walking along with this twinkle in his eye and this big ol' grin on his mug. :doh:

As Ken mentioned before, he was quite a good guitar player. I think it may have been Friday night when he pulled out his 2 guitars and gave Ken one to play. Paul began strumming his and singing. What a smooth voice he had. He turned to me and asked me if I sang. I responded, "Only in the shower and I think my bath gel is ready to pack it all up and head out for greener pastures," hoping that this would be a strong enough hint. He kept prodding me to sing with him, and I said, "Well, only if Ken sings along, too." I knew that hell would freeze over before my hubby would do anything above a whispered hum, so I thought this might get me out of it. Ken shot me this look and I figured if I tried pursuing it any further that I might end up walking home. And yes, folks, Paul roped me into singing with him. He made it easy to harmonize with him and before I knew it, I was actually enjoying myself. We sang a few bars, I relaxed some more, we sang a little more; he turned to me and said, "Well what were you worried about? You sound really good!!" My cheeks were beet red. I shot back, "Are you sure that you just haven't had too much brewsky and that maybe anything would sound good to you at this point? You know, I 'm sure that if we get enough of it in you that a couple of cranky ally cats would sound harmonious." He told me to "Shut up and keep singing." It's going to be tough the next time I hear California Dreamin' on the radio.

I will miss his intelligence, his well thought-out viewpoints, his wonderfully dry sense of humor (often times self deprecating). I will miss his big heart and tales of a life so richly lived. I will miss his "Now let me play Devil's Advocate here for just a minute or two" interjections in our lengthy discussions.

I truly hope that he has found the peace he so desperately craved. I hope that he is with his beloved Darlene again. Regardless of whether or not you knew him personally or soley through electronic communication, we were all better for having had him in our lives.

From Kristy (aka MRS KRC):

702699[/snapback]

Thank you. Your words moved me.

Take care of KRC, Mrs. KRC. I wish you both a deepened appreciation for all you have as you work through your grief.

I do not know how the rest of you feel but I would like to make a donation to a help center in the name of in the name of paul from Two BIlls . i asked scott , but i have not heard from him . DC tom said he would send out information when he got some . If some one wanted to start a fund i would be glad to send $50 dollars to it , If no one wants to do that i will wait for DC tom to post some information on where to send donations and say it is from TwoBills drive .

It's funny how words trigger things. My wife and I went to the Crab Pot on the water to celebrate her birthday early. There they cook these steamed seafood meals of crab, shrimp, mussles, clams, corns, sausage etc and dump it on the table and you eat it all with your fingers. The waiter came by and said "Here, let me give you a hand with your bib." My heart skipped a beat. My wife and I enjoyed a wonderful late lunch with a great bottle of wine with Paul laid securely accross our chests keeping our nice clothes clean. If I remember Paul correctly I think he was much happier draped accross my wife's than mine. :P

I do not know how the rest of you feel but I would like to make a donation to a help center in the name of in the name of paul from Two BIlls . i asked scott , but i have not heard from him . DC tom said he would send out information when he got some . If some one wanted to start a fund i would be glad to send $50 dollars to it , If no one wants to do that i will wait for DC tom to post some information on where to send donations  and say it is from TwoBills drive .

702968[/snapback]

FYI, I don't have the information yet, and don't have time to set it up myself right now (don't ask). I know Paul had spoke of donating his estate to the Savannah Catholic Diocese...but I hesitate to suggest that as a charity, as I know some people might be disinclined to donate to the Catholic Church.

Those who wish to can on their own in memoriam of Paul, of course.

I can't believe I missed this for so many days and I'm not sure what to say right now after reading this. I remember the first time I read Paul's thread about his wife Darlene years ago. It was the most powerful and painful thing I've ever read. I can't even begin to imagine how much that hurt him when reading it myself caused me great pain.

Over the years, I actually got to know Paul through personal messages and emails. He gave me alot of career advice as I was interested in entering the bio/chemical defense field. We almost had an opportunity to meet once in DC, but time constraints caused the meeting to fall through. On the forum, Paul was one of my favorite posters, not just because we knew each other personally, but because of his posting style. He could post in any thread about anything and throw in some dry intelligent wit that would just fit. His knowledge and practicality in all situations also appealed to me...My thoughts are all over the place now and my writing probably isn't making much sense anymore so I'll stop.

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel, but this news saddens me greatly. I don't have alot of experience with personal deaths. I do know that I'm glad and grateful for the chance to know and talk to him.

I do not know how the rest of you feel but I would like to make a donation to a help center in the name of in the name of paul from Two BIlls . i asked scott , but i have not heard from him . DC tom said he would send out information when he got some . If some one wanted to start a fund i would be glad to send $50 dollars to it , If no one wants to do that i will wait for DC tom to post some information on where to send donations  and say it is from TwoBills drive .

702968[/snapback]

Tom and I talked about this briefly and we weren't sure what kind of charity would be befitting. I mentioned perhaps purchasing a pave stone at The Ralph in memory of Paul. My son has one there in his memory and we never go to a game without stopping to say hi to Nick...the money all goes to a youth foundation and the stone will be there at least as long as the stadium is.

We paid $500 for it which I thought was a bargain.

Tom and I talked about this briefly and we weren't sure what kind of charity would be befitting.  I mentioned perhaps purchasing a pave stone at The Ralph in memory of Paul.  My son has one there in his memory and we never go to a game without stopping to say hi to Nick...the money all goes to a youth foundation and the stone will be there at least as long as the stadium is.

We paid $500 for it which I thought was a bargain.

703519[/snapback]

I think Paul would get a kick out of knowing he would be "stoned" for an eternity. :P

Just a suggestion but wouldn't making a donation to the charity responsible for the illness that killed Paul's wife? I don't really know what she passed away from, but if it was an illness, I'm sure Paul would be happy knowing that there was a charity of some sort.