Brck off the board.

Saints agree to trade LT Wayne Gandy to the Falcons for free safety Scott. I guess this means that the Brick will fall to #2 or maybe a trade down on draft day to get Justice and aquire some picks. Especially now with the hype for Justice after the USC pro day. How will this affect us at #8?

Well, now you know the first 2 off the board, but they're following what most Mock Drafts have said all along.

1. 45 different mock drafts have Houston taking Bush

2. 19 show New Orleans taking DaBrick (11 taking Leinart, 8 taking Mario Williams).

3. 32 show Tennessee taking Leinart. Only 8 think it'll be Vince Young.

If you wanted N.O. to trade this pick, your wish just went poof.

Well, now you know the first 2 off the board, but they're following what most Mock Drafts have said all along.

2. 19 show New Orleans taking DaBrick (11 taking Leinart, 8 taking Mario Williams).

654577[/snapback]

Two questions: 1) Are those exact numbers??? Because if they are, you really are a machine. 2) In your mock draft, is there really a player named Guy Whimper??? That sounds like one of those Madden made up names.

Which opens up things for a trade down....

PERFECT

654772[/snapback]

Not really... The only QB in this draft that someone is going to trade up for is Leinart. Young is going to take a huge freefall down the draft board. Cutler just sucks.

Screw it I'd take Young. Maybe someone will say something nice about us for a change. it's be nice to have someone decent playing QB for us. Losman wasn't a big deal even in college, at least we'd have a winner and someone who would give us some hope. In that vein, I want someone that will actually give me hope for the future, Cutler doesn't, Young and Hawk do.

The first thing that hits me about this...Mario Williams is going to the friggin jets!  SOB!!!

654714[/snapback]

Not necessarily....I read this in the latest Scouts Inc. Mock Draft(today)

"...unlike the Titans, the Jets are rumored to value QB Jay Cutler (Vanderbilt) over Young. They don't want to take Cutler this high, but they would consider it strongly if Bush, Leinart and Ferguson are gone by the fourth pick. "

Mind you, what are the odds that Super Mario drops to #5? :(

The Saints drafted Jamal Brown in the first round last year and also have Matt Stinchcomb as tackles.  This does not mean they are drafting D'Brick

654777[/snapback]

...but I'd hate to bet against it...

The Saints have JONATHAN Stinchcomb, not MATT, and JS has never started a game and didn't even play last year. The Saints would be foolish to pass-up taking Ferguson now. But they MIGHT trade down with the Jets, who everyone thinks will take Leinart, but the Jets could target Ferguson. Hopefully that leaves the Saints at #4 looking to trade down and Ferguson gone, and the Bills trade up to take Mario Williams.

...but I'd hate to bet against it...

654934[/snapback]

Ya know Lori, the NFL is doing a ton for N.O. Tags was down there announcing their schedule. I don't eliminate the possibility that they will draft someone more likely to draw fans.

Top quality LTs don't draw fans. They win games. :(

Ya know Lori, the NFL is doing a ton for N.O.  Tags was down there announcing their schedule. I don't eliminate the possibility that they will draft someone more likely to draw fans.

Top quality LTs don't draw fans. They win games.  :(

654943[/snapback]

Yeah, but if trading last season's starting LT isn't enough evidence of their intent, then what is? I was on my way to Olean when this news hit Sirius NFL, and my immediate thought was, "There goes any chance of Ferguson getting past the #2 pick..."

654577[/snapback]

As I've said before: Mock Drafts make a mockery of the draft.

If Leinart is on the board, I guarantee NO trades the pick. They can get Tennessee & NYJ in a bidding war & still get just about any player they want in the draft. If they deal with Tennessee they gain extra picks & lose nothing-they are still guaranteed of getting the player they want.

Poof, I doubt that. Trade, I guarantee it.

OK, Harv, in that scenario I can buy Brick lasting till #3. Maybe even #4, if someone gets really goofy about a player they just have to have.

Do you agree, though, that the end result (Brick holding up a Saints jersey on draft day) will be the same either way?

OK, Harv, in that scenario I can buy Brick lasting till #3. Maybe even #4, if someone gets really goofy about a player they just have to have.

Do you agree, though, that the end result (Brick holding up a Saints jersey on draft day) will be the same either way?

655012[/snapback]

Unless the Saints stuff it up or get an offer they can't refuse(trade out of top 4) I think your assumtion is a near certainty.

Actually, new Saints HC Sean Payton was on NFL Total Access last night and in his interview with Rich Eisen noted that one of the main reasons why they traded GAndy was so they could move last year's #1 Jamaal Brown to LT and get some reps for some youngsters on the right side.

I still think they either pick Leinart #2 or trade down to #4 with the Jets and pick Super Mario....but we will see...

also, a great article on D'Brick in this week's SI issue...he sounds like a Marv guy...good school UVa and well spoken....

Actually, new Saints HC Sean Payton was on NFL Total Access last night and in his interview with Rich Eisen noted that one of the main reasons why they traded GAndy was so they could move last year's #1 Jamaal Brown to LT and get some reps for some youngsters on the right side.

I still think they either pick Leinart #2 or trade down to #4 with the Jets and pick Super Mario....but we will see...

also, a great article on D'Brick in this week's SI issue...he sounds like a Marv guy...good school UVa and well spoken....

655218[/snapback]

[/quo

Why would they go and sign Brees then go and draft Leinart, that does not make any sense