[OT]Why do people drive like a$$holes!

LabattBlue

I was just on the inbound Kensington Expwy. and incountered an accident before the 198. One person decides he is going to pull over to the entrance ramp and go in reverse up the ramp. What follows???....a dozen or more cars deciding to do the same thing. Then people who decide they can't negotiate the entrance ramp going backwards, decide to go forwards up the ramp. This is while cars are trying to use the entrance ramp as an entrance to the expwy. :lol:

While I'm at it....

Stop driving through subdivisions like they are main arteries. Also, a stop sign means STOP! Not go through it if no one is coming, not yield, not a rolling stop. FUGGIN' STOP! :w00t: Children play in residential areas(including mine)!!!!! :w00t:

You don't put on your blinker light to turn AFTER you put your foot on the brake, you put it on first. :D

Learn how to negotiate a 4 way stop. First to stop, First to go. Don't fuggin' sit there and wave each other through causing near accidents. :D

I've never used this smiley once and I probably won't use it again, but.....

Fuggin' Idiot Drivers!!!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Feel free to add any other annoying driving behavior you see out there on a daily basis.

These days, people buy sweats and T-shirts that proclaim "It's All About ME."

There isn't a city in this nation that couldn't get themselves in the black with fine income if they sat on street corners and corraled the half of the population that either don't see the sense of or who are so enamoured of themselves to not use their turn indicators.

Feel free to add any other annoying driving behavior you see out there on a daily basis.

43503[/snapback]

My favorite is jamming 5 cars into the middle of an intersection so that they can all turn left for 2.5 minutes after the light has turned red.

I can't stand the way people drive up here. Perhaps I spent to long down in Atlanta and came accustomed to driving 15 over the speed limit. Another question... why does it take so long for road construction. They have been working on the highways all summer long and only now starting to make progress.

Another question... why does it take so long for road construction.  They have been working on the highways all summer longer and only now starting to make progress.

43572[/snapback]

The next time you drive through a construction zone notice the working to those watching the ones that are working ratio. :lol:

You see, I was speeding because I was rushing home to console my friend.  He was depressed because he hadn't realized his life-long goal of becoming a banker!

43577[/snapback]

:lol::w00t::w00t::D:D:D

I can't live knowing Ted Danson makes that much more than me.

You don't put on your blinker light to turn AFTER you put your foot on the brake, you put  it on first. :lol:

That has always been my biggest pet peeve when it comes to driving. You are in a good cruise, things are going smoothly, then all of a sudden the car in front slams on their breaks almost coming to a stop, then slowly eases to their turn, then decides to put on the blinker 10 feet from the curb. Pisses me off every time.

Also when you are driving and some slow @$$hole decides to turn in your lane making you have to slam on your breaks before hitting them from behind. I remember on 3 occasions someone did this, and I got close to them and held my horn the whole time until they decided to get out of my way. Pisses them off, but serves them right!

Defensive driving at all times.

Labatt, you should see what it's like in Southern California, Florida and the D.C. Beltway. Places I've lived outside of WNY. It's an adventure of survival every day ! WNY is NOTHING compared to those areas.

I do hate the 33 and 198 in Buffalo. Thank God my work drive is 7 minutes and all sidestreets doing 30 mph.

So you drink a lot of Blue and have road rage. Slow down. :lol:

Defensive driving at all times. 

Labatt, you should see what it's like in Southern California, Florida and the D.C. Beltway. Places I lived outside of WNY. It's an adventure of survival every day !  WNY is NOTHING compared to those areas.

I do hate the 33 and 198 in Buffalo. Thank God my work drive is 7 minutes and all sidestreets doing 30 mph.

So you drink a lot of Blue and have road rage. Slow down.  :w00t:

43647[/snapback]

just plain rage...maybe. road rage? not with all the maniacs out there. :lol:

I once asked a similar question Labbat.  A wise man answered and said, "50% of the people on the road have IQ's below 100."

That was all the explaination I needed.

43604[/snapback]

As it's spelled "e-x-p-l-a-n-a-t-i-o-n," I guess we know which 50% you are in. :lol:

Try living in Fayetteville, NC.

here you have all these 18-22 year old punks in the military drive 90 in a 55mph zone, and I never see a cop with anyone pulled over.

Add to that we have two dozen accident each evening, pretty bad in a city of about 60,000.

Both my wife and I hate driving around this town because it seriously dangerous.

People talking on their cell phones while driving and NO COPS in sight! They made those hands free sets for a reason!

Tailgating. NOBODY goes the limit and then they proceed to ride your ass. It pisses me off more in the morning when they tailgate and have their bright lights on and refuse to shut them off.

Passing on double lines.

People are in too much of a hurry all the time and have no patience...its pretty sad. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

People just aren't paying frickin attention. I drove past 4 accidents yesterday between Downtown Buffalo and the William Street Exit on the 190. Heard about the mess on the 33 and five other people got in other accidents yesterday around WNY. Two people drifted over the double yellow line into oncoming traffic. One old bag hit a house. One woman ran over a gas pump and into a Pepsi vending machine at a Delta Sonic and one more old bag hit a landscaping truck parked on the side of the road.

Most of it is the over 80 senior citizens set who have obviously have no business driving anyways.

There is hardly any traffic in WNY, but people have to get home to drink and beat their kids two minutes faster I guess.

I see people flying down my street every day. It's 30 MPH and there are tons of little kids in the neighborhood but I see people going 45-50 all the time. On the thruway & expressways. 55 MPH obviously means go 85. 65 MPH means go 90 and cut people off.

Maybe everyone is distracted by the whole Bledsoe/Bills Offense problems and 0-2 start.

Try living in Fayetteville, NC.

here you have all these 18-22 year old punks in the military drive 90 in a 55mph zone, and I never see a cop with anyone pulled over.

Add to that we have two dozen accident each evening, pretty bad in a city of about 60,000.

Both my wife and I hate driving around this town because it seriously dangerous.

43942[/snapback]

The Yadkin 500... remember that well. Use to be able to race all the way from the barracks to skybo road. Now Bragg is a closed base and there are stop lights everywhere.

My favorite is jamming 5 cars into the middle of an intersection so that they can all turn left for 2.5 minutes after the light has turned red.

43554[/snapback]

man do i miss that down here in florida...apparently down here you need a friggin invitation to make a left turn, even with the green arrow...get in the damn intersection people and turn when the light changes!!!

I happen to have a four way blinking red not to far from me and used to have to maneuver through it every couple of days. I loved it, people would get their turn to proceed through the light and just sit there, as if they were waiting for it to turn green or something. It amazed me that people didn't understand the concept that the people traveling, say north-south could both proceed at the same time followed by the people traveling east-west. One would go then everyone would kind of look at each other like friggin morons wondering what to do next. When it came my turn, I would stop and if anyone even remotely hesitated, even though it was their turn, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: em, I'm going!! I can't stand idiots on the road. I also love traveling on some of the major roads here in Orlando that have 55mph speeds and someone pulls from a dead stop out in front of you. The liberal media says that it's road rage and blames it on aggresive people but when crap like that happens every day nearly killing you, sometimes you just want to grab those idiots and beat the living hell out of them!!!!

Serenity now!!!

43542[/snapback]

The things that go over my head never cease to amaze me. I am a huge Seinfeld fan and had just seen the end of this episode in the last week. Despite this, I had no clue what this was about, until I read another response in this thread referring to Seinfeld!

"Serenity now!" certainly applied to me when posting this thread yesterday!

:devil:;):lol: