[OT]Why do people drive like a$$holes!

LabattBlue

My favorite is jamming 5 cars into the middle of an intersection so that they can all turn left for 2.5 minutes after the light has turned red.

43554[/snapback]

This phenomenon is caused, of course, by the five cars who speed through the intersection coming the other way just as the light is turning red.

Since FAT no longer exists, I'll pose this semi-related question here....

Why when a traffic light malfunctions, does it go to flashing red for one street and flashing yellow for the other. Wouldn't it be safer if it just went to flashing red for all directions. This seems to be the case even when you have two streets that are equally busy. The people who get the flashing yellow buzz through the intersection like the light doesn't exist and the people with the flashing red end up playing chicken trying to get through the intersection. :devil:;)

Here's the one that's been really chapping my ass lately:

Say you've got a red light at the upcoming intersection, and the stopped traffic is backed up in the #1 and #2 lanes. There's also a (short) left turn lane which is partly or fully empty, but you can't legally get there yet because you'd have to cross the double yellows and drive the wrong way down the opposite side of the highway to get there before the traffic unclogs. I hate it when I'm patiently waiting to get up to where I can legally enter the turn lane but some !@#$s behind me just cross the double yellows and enter the turn lane ahead of me. :lol: But I hate it even more when I'm coming the other way. :w00t: :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: I've almost been in two head-ons due to this in the past 6 months. Friggin window-licking !@#$tards. The last time this happened I yelled at the bastard: "If you hit me I will !@#$ you in your eye!" :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Since FAT no longer exists, I'll pose this semi-related question here....

Why when a traffic light malfunctions, does it go to flashing red for one street and flashing yellow for the other.  Wouldn't it be safer if it just went to flashing red for all directions.  This seems to be the case even when you have two streets that are equally busy.   The people who get the flashing yellow buzz through the intersection like the light doesn't exist and the people with the flashing red end up playing chicken trying to get through the intersection.  <_<  :)

44218[/snapback]

It probably has something to do with the dominant traffic street. Oh, and most people are morons who grow even dumber when you surround them in a steel cocoon.

Here's the one that's been really chapping my ass lately:

Say you've got a red light at the upcoming intersection, and the stopped traffic is backed up in the #1 and #2 lanes. There's also a (short) left turn lane which is partly or fully empty, but you can't legally get there yet because you'd have to cross the double yellows and drive the wrong way down the opposite side of the highway to get there before the traffic unclogs. I hate it when I'm patiently waiting to get up to where I can legally enter the turn lane but some !@#$s behind me just cross the double yellows and enter the turn lane ahead of me.  :flirt: But I hate it even more when I'm coming the other way.  :D :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  I've almost been in two head-ons due to this in the past 6 months. Friggin window-licking !@#$tards. The last time this happened I yelled at the bastard: "If you hit me I will !@#$ you in your eye!" :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

44957[/snapback]

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that. Yup, people do that all the time here. A variation on that that annoys me too is when I'm going down the expressway and get stuck behind someone slow, I put my blinker on to pass him, yet everyone coming up behind me cuts around and flies past me.

Two more that just bun my arse...

1. Asses that fly up on the right as fast as possible when they see the "right lane ends" sign. 99.9% of the time they're on the phone. What's even worse is when they end up neck and neck with you and force you to hit your breaks to let them in just as the lane ends...

2. I'm back in school.... parking of course sucks, like every university in the country. I swear the 18 - 22 crowd is the worst.. we have these parking decks, the top three floors are always completley open, the bottom three usually packed tight. These moronic kids will CRAWL up the bottom three floors and WAIT for people to walk out of the stairwell and to their car so they can get a better space... they'll even hold traffic up for 2 - 3 minutes at a time doing this. It's not unheard of to have a line of 10 - 15 cars crawling up the freaking deck ALL doing this. What the hell? Go to the top. Park. Done!

The need to raise that driving age to 25, I swear it!

-Jeff

1.  Asses that fly up on the right as fast as possible when they see the "right lane ends" sign. 99.9% of the time they're on the phone. What's even worse is when they end up neck and neck with you and force you to hit your breaks to let them in just as the lane ends...

45572[/snapback]

Not me, I'm in the correct lane, I will not let people cut in front of me. That's why they start the "Lane Ends" signs at least 1/2 mile back, so you know to get in the correct lane. If they want, they can try to bump me to get in. But if they do, I'm stopping right there and calling 911 to report a fender bender.

Not me, I'm in the correct lane, I will not let people cut in front of me. That's why they start the "Lane Ends" signs at least 1/2 mile back, so you know to get in the correct lane. If they want, they can try to bump me to get in. But if they do, I'm stopping right there and calling 911 to report a fender bender.

45642[/snapback]

I'll let them in if traffic is heavy and they're legitimately stuck. Everyone knows how folks like to let people in when they put their signal on and do it the right way...

That's one thing I do all the time. I make it a point to be courteous to other folks on the road. Wave 'em by, let 'em in... all that fun stuff. I'm convinced most people do, after all, no one has replied to this thread with "F 'em, I cut people off ALL THE TIME."

Folks complain about Atlanta and DC all the time with regards to traffic. They're both bad, but the worst city I've been been subjected too was Colorado Springs. Even the surface street drivers were simply horrible.

Cops need to start getting a bit hardcore about this stuff. Drivers have gone from good, to decent, to fairly bad. When I got my drivers license, I remember my father giving me the "now driving is a privilege, be sure to respect the...." speech. It's such a common place thing that no one gives it a second thought anymore. Probably a bad idea when you're barreling down pavement in a 2 ton coffin.

My guess is because cars have become so comfortable and forgiving that drivers loose touch with the road.

-Jeff

Cops need to start getting a bit hardcore about this stuff.  Drivers [have gone from good, to decent, to fairly bad. When I got my drivers license, I remember my father giving me the "now driving is a privilege, be sure to respect the...." speech.  It's such a common place thing that no one gives it a second thought anymore.  Probably a bad idea when you're barreling down pavement in a 2 ton coffin.

My guess is because cars have become so comfortable and forgiving that drivers loose touch with the road. 

-Jeff

45710[/snapback]

Last friday I'm waiting at the red to make my left and when the left arrow goes green I start my turn only to have some broad who was stopped at the red coming the other way gun it off the line, blow the red and drive through the intersection. Good thing I was paying attention. :) But the really crappy part is that there were two motorcycle cops sitting like 3 cars behind her when she did this. Think either of them did anything about it? To serve and protect....themselves. What a joke.

I love the "stop on green" philosophy made famous in NC...

47590[/snapback]

LOL. You lived a little away from the mainstream, eh? 'Course I've seen the phenom in Charlotte as well. Gotta think about it after a few. Green light might be a trick...