Starting QB for 2006...

LabattBlue

I know it's early, but....

If ML & MM decide that JP may not be the man and want to have a QB competition in the off-season, please tell me that JP's competition will be someone other than Holcomb?

PS If they decide that JP is not starter material come the fall(his 3rd year), it's probably time to move on in terms of JP's future as a Bill.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's early, but....

If ML & MM decide that JP may not be the man and want to have a QB competition in the off-season, please tell me that JP's competition will be someone other than Holcomb?

PS If they decide that JP is not starter material come the fall(his 3rd year), it's probably time to move on in terms of JP's future as a Bill.

557320[/snapback]

If it's not JP, it'll be Holcomb.

If it's not JP, then we wasted the pick. He's already going to be nearly 26 next year, right?

If JP Losman was healthy, I want to scream that he didn't play in the Jets game. If he's our quarterback of the future, you have to play him... we won't make the Superbowl Next year no matter what. If he's not, then we should cut him.

If the Bills are truly hopeful that Jim Haslett will take over should Mullarky fail, then it certainly won't be Aaron Brooks.

How 'bout Steve McNair?  At least he's accurate.

557332[/snapback]

Please McNair is just like Drew. His best years are behind him. I dont want to go that route again. Give me someone that is around Brooks age and I can deal with that. I want more than just JP and Kelly competeing for this job.

Bring in another young guy to compete.. I like Seneca Wallace of Seattle. He's a restricted FA but probably would want out from underneath Hasselbeck. He's a little undersized but very talented and you would not have to change the offense much since he and JP both can move.

Vince Young.

Now i'm going to be flamed on two different threads about the same thing  :w00t:

557357[/snapback]

Don't believe the hype. He's either a slower weaker version of Vick or a faster less accurate version of Culpepper. :w00t:

Can I have DB back instead of KH? :w00t:

557330[/snapback]

If you prefer the Bills win even fewer games this year, so be it.

No, I take it back. You may not have DB back!

With the competitors being...?  Next time don't be so enlightening. :w00t:

557374[/snapback]

My main point is that we should not fall in love with any particular QB. I am really concerned that there are a lot of people on this board that are overly infatuated with JP. I have no idea whether he will or will not be the QB that TD et al thought he would be. I have some serious doubts.

Let's just not give up the goals of the team just for the sake of one player. At this point I think that KH is the much better QB. He deserves a chance to compete with JP in a legitimate competition.

I also think that we could do better. I have no idea whether he would be available, but I would not mind Daunte. I am sure that there will be other QBs that will be available whom we should consider.

If JP deserves to start, he should start. That would be great for JP and the team. If not, so be it. The nice thing about having Marv around is that he will not feel wedded to JP if, in fact , it turns out that trading for him was a colossal blunder.

I just hope that we have a QB on the roster next year in whom the team and coaching staff have confidence and who can take us to the playoffs and beyond.