Jump to content

Matt Parrino - "Claypool has been most consistent WR during OTAs"


Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2024 at 11:59 AM, Brand J said:

I’m a Keon Coleman fan, I loved his highlight video more than most of the receivers coming out. With that said, Parrino also mentioned Jamarcus Ingram was holding his own with Coleman, even had the defensive sideline hooting and hollering. I wasn’t bothered when I heard Elam was getting the better of him on some reps, but now Jamarcus Ingram? Hmmm…

I was the opposite on Coleman coming out. I did not like him as a prospect (at all really). He doesn’t separate. With that being said, I wouldn’t read too much into him getting locked up by Ingram/Elam/etc. Coleman isn’t a guy that is going to look great in shorts. He wins with body control and physicality. That doesn’t really translate to practice. The guys that win in shorts tend to be guys that create space (like Beasley). We won’t know Coleman’s impact until the regular season imo. 

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Beck Water said:

 

OK found the blame bit

 

 

The ludicrous lack of contextual game awareness to celebrate instead of getting the ball to an official ASAP was bad, but it's happened with a player before and it will happen with a player again - what Dak Prescott did was worse IMHO

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/opinion-dak-prescott-postgame-blunder-111923550.html

 

But trying to throw a teammate under the bus by Claypool was awful

 

Yeah, it's a good reminder that there are solid reasons why he's on his 4th team in 3 years and he's a long shot at redemption

 

$8M talent and an $8 buck head

If he is going to revert to this kind of bad form, let's hope it happens soon so the Bills can get rid of him, instead of it happening in midseason, like after a string of losses. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, finn said:

If he is going to revert to this kind of bad form, let's hope it happens soon so the Bills can get rid of him, instead of it happening in midseason, like after a string of losses. 

I posted it somewhere else but have a good friend that is a scout with the Bears. He texted me as soon as the Bills signed him. He said that “hes been a cancer everywhere that he’s been.” He also said, “we paid him to stay home and started winning games as soon as we did.”

 

I know that this isn’t shocking but it’s interesting to hear from that side. My buddy is a former player and generally gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He went out of his way to say what an idiot Claypool is. That was discouraging.

  • Thank you (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I posted it somewhere else but have a good friend that is a scout with the Bears. He texted me as soon as the Bills signed him. He said that “hes been a cancer everywhere that he’s been.” He also said, “we paid him to stay home and started winning games as soon as we did.”

 

I know that this isn’t shocking but it’s interesting to hear from that side. My buddy is a former player and generally gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. He went out of his way to say what an idiot Claypool is. That was discouraging.

It's my experience in life that character is normally pretty durable, good or bad. Sometimes strange circumstances reveal something you didn't suspect, but upon retrospect, it often makes sense. There are cases of reformation. In this case, lots to be skeptical about. I hope it works out, of course, but I don't really like the risk if he's that negative an influence.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It's my experience in life that character is normally pretty durable, good or bad. Sometimes strange circumstances reveal something you didn't suspect, but upon retrospect, it often makes sense. There are cases of reformation. In this case, lots to be skeptical about. I hope it works out, of course, but I don't really like the risk if he's that negative an influence.

Great post!! 
 

It feels to me that the Bills backed themselves into the corner a little bit. It’s reasonable to say that Claypool is the most talented WR on the roster. We all know the issues in his previous stops. The Bills gambled on him because of the talent in the room. Miami let him walk knowing that they have a couple of guys that can do what he can do when he’s at his best. I hope that he turns a corner and revives his career and character in Buffalo. I’m not counting on it though.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NickelCity said:

 

Sure, but I think it's worth mentioning that other fanbases have mentioned his proclivity for having great camps/pre-seasons then playing small when the bullets fly. A la Peterman or Trent.

 

Goes without saying that I hope he's a star for us this season.

What other fanbases the Bears and the Dolphins I don’t remember him having any as a Dolphin , and maybe one as a member of the Bears ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Claypool either straightens up or he doesn’t.  Simple.  As for the rest of the WRs and the offense in general, when it clicks and Josh is spreading the ball around and the offense is among the league leaders I hope some here will have the decency to come back and acknowledge they were wrong.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Like I said previously in this thread, “ I hope he proves his doubters wrong”  but in effect being tossed to the curb so frequently says that he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, I suspect he has a small window of what he can wrap his mind around, so as long as he stays in that realm he may make himself a useful addition…, 

 

Shakir Kincaid and Samuel will be the main three  pass catchers, Coleman will be worked in as quickly as his learning curve success allows for, Claypool and the rest of the gang will be fighting for the back end of the roster spots.  Knox, Cook & Davis are likely to consume a bunch targets as well, so all this noise about Claypool is just that” noise “. 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He’ll make the squad.

 

And if he steps out of line he’ll be dropped like a hot potato.

 

If he has a brain cell at all he’ll toe the line for at least a year. I think even Antonio Brown was able to do that. 

Edited by Beast
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Claypool either straightens up or he doesn’t.  Simple.  As for the rest of the WRs and the offense in general, when it clicks and Josh is spreading the ball around and the offense is among the league leaders I hope some here will have the decency to come back and acknowledge they were wrong.

 

 

I'd love for that to be the scenario.   I will be right here to say

 

image.png.1521bcc38b6fc85136ef7ce9ce610da9.png

 

My experience year-after-year though is that something this obviously askew tends to play out just like you'd expect.    

 

And the homer's like yourself who insisted that it was going to work splendidly or was a case of the Bills being ahead of the curve........they run and hide from it when it doesn't go nearly as well as planned.

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I'd love for that to be the scenario.   I will be right here to say

 

image.png.1521bcc38b6fc85136ef7ce9ce610da9.png

 

My experience year-after-year though is that something this obviously askew tends to play out just like you'd expect.    

 

And the homer's like yourself who insisted that it was going to work splendidly or was a case of the Bills being ahead of the curve........they run and hide from it when it doesn't go nearly as well as planned.

 

Take your homer stuff and put it you know where.  Unlike others who preach nothing but doom and gloom I prefer to watch and see how things go.  I think as long as you have Josh you have a good offense.  If they don’t I will acknowledge.  But why is it you’re here to bash Claypool and Coleman?  Why do you want the team to be bad?

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was the opposite on Coleman coming out. I did not like him as a prospect (at all really). He doesn’t separate. With that being said, I wouldn’t read too much into him getting locked up by Ingram/Elam/etc. Coleman isn’t a guy that is going to look great in shorts. He wins with body control and physicality. That doesn’t really translate to practice. The guys that win in shorts tend to be guys that create space (like Beasley). We won’t know Coleman’s impact until the regular season imo. 

I get that, but guys like Davonte Adams don’t “separate” either, but they catch more than they miss when it comes to jump balls, contested catches, etc.  Let Shakir and Samuel create space, Coleman will produce when called upon.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Of all the Bills podcasters, Parrino is the worst , imo.

Unless you consider Dan Mitchell a podcaster.  He’s def the worst!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I get that, but guys like Davonte Adams don’t “separate” either, but they catch more than they miss when it comes to jump balls, contested catches, etc.  Let Shakir and Samuel create space, Coleman will produce when called upon.  

davante Adams doesn't separate lol

 

He's one of the best route runners in the league for 5+years now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I'd love for that to be the scenario.   I will be right here to say

 

image.png.1521bcc38b6fc85136ef7ce9ce610da9.png

 

My experience year-after-year though is that something this obviously askew tends to play out just like you'd expect.    

 

And the homer's like yourself who insisted that it was going to work splendidly or was a case of the Bills being ahead of the curve........they run and hide from it when it doesn't go nearly as well as planned.

 

Calling people out seems to be your MO here, so who are the posters that run and hide?  I’m shocked that you haven’t tagged anyone. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

davante Adams doesn't separate lol

 

He's one of the best route runners in the league for 5+years now

Sorry. 100% agree. I was referring to comments I heard about him when he first came to the NFL.  My point was that speed alone is not the only way to separate.   My bad. 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Sorry. 100% agree. I was referring to comments I heard about him when he first came to the NFL.  My point was that speed alone is not the only way to separate.   My bad. 

All good

 

I actually didn't know what they said about him coming in

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Take your homer stuff and put it you know where.  Unlike others who preach nothing but doom and gloom I prefer to watch and see how things go.  I think as long as you have Josh you have a good offense.  If they don’t I will acknowledge.  But why is it you’re here to bash Claypool and Coleman?  Why do you want the team to be bad?

Josh Allen is amazing. He's in his prime. 

 

The Bills should be aiming to have the greatest offense football has ever known, not "a good offense."

 

Is the goal still to win a championship or just to be "good?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Josh Allen is amazing. He's in his prime. 

 

The Bills should be aiming to have the greatest offense football has ever known, not "a good offense."

 

Is the goal still to win a championship or just to be "good?"

You know what?  You guys can have this stupid site with all your nonsense.  Go Bills.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...