Tua holding out?

They have no choice but to come to terms with each other before the start of the season. Miami doesn't want to throw away the year (there's no viable alternative) and Tua cant afford to sit out a season, that wont help his contract situation at all.

Hopefully it drags out long enough to affect their preparation and season readiness. Good for us, Go Bills!

On 5/20/2024 at 9:30 AM, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

He did lead the league in passing yards... 5th in TDs, 3rd in comp% for full season starters, top 5 in sack %, 2nd in NFL in Y/A, NY/A, ANY/A.  Their offense was tops in the league in yards and 2nd in points.  

The other 2 guys in his class each received 50+ million.  Burrow went to a super bowl yes, but he's actually missed more games than Tua, and makes 55M AAV.  Herberts AAV is 52.5M on his new deal, he's also never won a playoff game, and the actual team has a losing record in games he's started.  

Tua doesn' suck.  But he is a small man, and seems kind of fragile.  Herbert and Burrow are much bigger, and can likely take a lot more pounding.  Yes Burrow had his wrist smashed this past season.  But I just can't see Tua staying healthy through the grind of the NFL season year after year.  But its not my money.  

1 hour ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Tua doesn' suck.  But he is a small man, and seems kind of fragile.  Herbert and Burrow are much bigger, and can likely take a lot more pounding.  Yes Burrow had his wrist smashed this past season.  But I just can't see Tua staying healthy through the grind of the NFL season year after year.  But its not my money.  

I don't really worry about his injury history. He doesn't really take alot of hits in that offense, but his inability to make any plays off script just wont work when the defenses get better, the stakes get higher and the weather gets colder. 

7 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Agree about Tua and his fragility, but Burrow has just as much to prove in that area as well.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

At least Burrow has one some big games. I can’t think of a signature win for Tua. Same for Justin Herbert 

Tua takes a lot of heat, but Herbert’s no better.  Not sure why he’s immune from criticism.

15 minutes ago, Billl said:

Tua takes a lot of heat, but Herbert’s no better.  Not sure why he’s immune from criticism.

The only pass I give Herbert is that his coaching has been horrendous his entire time in the league. His talent is close to JA17 in some respects and he has made some insane throws in his career, but it hasn’t translated into much team success 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The only pass I give Herbert is that his coaching has been horrendous his entire time in the league. His talent is close to JA17 in some respects and he has made some insane throws in his career, but it hasn’t translated into much team success 

Super talented, has had a moron for a HC, I’m not sure how much to lay at the feet of Herbert but I believe we’re about to find out.

25 minutes ago, Billl said:

Because the difference in talent between the two is massive.

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Because he’s had an awful defense with a ton of talent (indicating a horrific coach) his whole career?

1 hour ago, julian said:

Super talented, has had a moron for a HC, I’m not sure how much to lay at the feet of Herbert but I believe we’re about to find out.

Because the difference in talent between the two is massive.

This year is big for Herbert in my eyes, right now he looks like what he was in college, a physical specimen, hyped up, loser.  Maybe it’s all been about a bad team around him, or maybe, that’s who he is.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

they put up 70points last year

Ok, then he got spanked a week later. 

Maybe 2 signature wins in 4 years? The only other game I can think of is the opener vs the ravens two years ago when Baltimore just decided not to cover anyone for the 4th quarter 

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Ok, then he got spanked a week later. 

Maybe 2 signature wins in 4 years? The only other game I can think of is the opener vs the ravens two years ago when Baltimore just decided not to cover anyone for the 4th quarter 

I can't think of many either but it's the dolphins😂😂

Imo at this point in their careers Tua is better than Herbert

On 5/21/2024 at 2:39 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

I don't really worry about his injury history. He doesn't really take alot of hits in that offense, but his inability to make any plays off script just wont work when the defenses get better, the stakes get higher and the weather gets colder. 

Good point about Tua not making plays off script.  He likes to drop back, do some play action and throw from the pocket in rhythm.  The left handed version of Jared Goff who loves throwing off of play action too.  I have always liked Jared Goff better.  Although he is somewhat of a statue.  Personal preference I guess.

In my opinion, the Dolphins late season collapses aren't just because of Tua's inability to perform in the clutch. That offense is built for speed and after about 10-12 games, speed tends to fade a bit. I don't know if Tua could sustain any form of success without Tyreek Hill. I know Waddle is fast too but he's no Tyreek. I don't blame the Dolphins' FO for not overpaying Tua, 1 healthy season doesn't erase multiple concussions.

Much of the reason for Tua's and the Dolphins poor play at the end of the season was due to the numerous injuries to their offensive line as well as both Hill and Waddle being hobbled.

I'm not saying Tua is all that great but let's be fair.  If Josh Allen were facing the same injury circumstances, folks would be making all kinds of excuses and justifiably so.

3 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Much of the reason for Tua's and the Dolphins poor play at the end of the season was due to the numerous injuries to their offensive line as well as both Hill and Waddle being hobbled.

I'm not saying Tua is all that great but let's be fair.  If Josh Allen were facing the same injury circumstances, folks would be making all kinds of excuses and justifiably so.

Last year was the first season Allen has had a good oline, he’s thrived with mediocre oline play. There would be no need for excuses if Allen had a hobbled Hill and Waddle because Allen can make plays on his own, that’s why paying Tua 50+ per is going to be a day to celebrate on this board.

• Like (+1) 1