Marquez Valdes-Scantling meeting with the Bills (UPDATE: Signed)

15 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Others like me think they’ll be fine on offense.  

And folks like you that thought that last year watched our OC get fired midseason.

so I guess fine is relative, huh?

• Disagree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

And folks like you that thought that last year watched our OC get fired midseason.

so I guess fine is relative, huh?

You think your version of an NFL offense is the only one.  Imagine that.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The Bills tried to sign OBJ, as did the Chiefs, according to OBJ.  He chose Miami.  

thankfully he chose miami and saved buffalo from themselves there.

Miami is the perfect place for OBJ's career to quietly fizzle out and end.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He had game sealing plays against us, Baltimore and had a TD in the SB.  Clutch

I know he can be a very frustrating player, but the speed and size is good 

ANOTHER 6'4 WR.   

WR Camp Competition is going to be a wild battle.  IMO, I'd put them at this for now 

Coleman
Samuel

Shakir

MVS

Claypool
Hamler
Hollis 

Cephus
Shorter
Shavers

Xavier J. 
Isabella

Flip Hollis and MVS IMO.

Hollis is a lock

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think he called the only gameplan he could with our undermanned offensive roster. A ball control offense that had to thread the needle repeatedly and force Allen to use his legs more than is sustainable over a 17+ game season, just to sort of keep us in the game. That isn't an offense to strive for, it's an offense that can get you out of a game.

Hence why we drafted a legit 2nd RB in the 4th round this year.  Davis will take some of Josh's share, especially in short yardage situations.  Josh running 10-12x in a playoff game isn't some revelation either, with escaping the pocket on some of those.

Let's consider KCs 4 playoff games:

1. Miami: 7 points

2. Us: 24 points

3. Bmore: 10 points

4. 49ers: 22 points (with a FG in OT), so 19 in regulation

We easily should have had 27, if not more, given we shut down in the RZ 2x.

All considering, let's give credit where credits due, obviously Josh but also Brady with calling a gameplan.  Let's not act like it was easy/only plan he could have used.  We had a great rhythm and if not for some key missed plays, we'd been 1 game closer to a SB.  What Beane saw was a lack of guys who could get open fast/or win jump balls.  And the lack of a complementary RB to Cook.

Again, Brady knows how to put his players in the best position to succeed.  Without his system even fully installed at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Flip Hollis and MVS IMO.

Hollis is a lock

Hollis is likely a roster lock due to ST and blocking....

but MVS is a proven clutch player.   He's anywhere from WR3-5 on this team

Hollis is more like 5 or 6 IMO.  But, we'll see 

In fact, if we don't make a trade next month and the Bills slow play Keon / he isn't ready.....

I could see MVS being thrown out to play the X to start the year 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's the thing - If the Bills offense got shut out in the 1st half against the 49ers, and then Allen started the 2nd half by throwing a terrible interception that gave the 49ers the ball at the 50, the game is over by the end of the 3rd quarter.

We can't try to copy the Chiefs. We have to build the best possible team that this coaching staff and defensive roster can win with. That team needs to have a better WR corps than what the Chiefs had last year.

No they dont-  they just have to be healthier than last year, have a better game plan and execute.  

everyone likes to talk about the roster as being the basis of winning or losing.  The chiefs were a lost cause in December of 23.  Everyone said their WRs suck and that KC left Mahomes out to dry by not giving him proper weapons.  Then they win the SB.  Why?  Because they were healthier, well coached and executed when they had to.  That’s what we need.  The best roster in September rarely wins the SB imo.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Judging by Embedded, if we didn't go Ray Davis, it was going to be Van Pran-Granger, who we got a round later.  

I'm not in love with spending a 4th on a RB.  That said.. I do think Brady's Offense likes having good receivers as backs.  When Cook comes out and Davis goes in, we might not have the down field WR routes that Cook can run, but Davis is an above average receiving back, so we still can operate the same offense regardless of who's in the game. 

We're going to play alot shallow concepts - either RB, TE or WR.  I like the MVS signing in that he's a proven outside guy that can at least be a threat to keep Defenses from attacking the short zones on every play. We will need some diversity in route trees, getting depth on each play, in order to allow the under stuff to thrive. Keon might bring some of that, but we'll need a faster outside WR to step up too, either Hamler, Hollins, Claypool, or MVS.   It's still not inspiring a lot of confidence, but the MVS signing gives me a little more hope.

MVS will light it up with Josh.

Coleman - we are ALL gonna love him.

Samuel - underrated bigtime.

RayRay - pounder baby!

Cook - nuff said.

Shakir - excellent depth.

Kincaid - Nuff said.

Hamler - now this is the x spot. If he or Claypool rise - look out.

Knox - blocker!

Starters: MVS! Coleman, Shakir, Samuel, Kincaid, Knox, Cook, RayRay, Ty J, x spot. Pretty sweet.

Now if the D stays healthy look the F out!!! This team will win the SB.

Depth. Pounders. Tough. Win. Go BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hence why we drafted a legit 2nd RB in the 4th round this year.  Davis will take some of Josh's share, especially in short yardage situations.  Josh running 10-12x in a playoff game isn't some revelation either, with escaping the pocket on some of those.

Gonna go out on a limb and say adding a RB2 isn't going to fix all of the problems our offense had in that game.

2 hours ago, turbo044 said:

with his 1.25 signing bonus, I don't think MVS is really competing with Claypool.  MVS is close to a lock.  I think Clayool is competing prmarily with Shorter for the last WR slot.

Certainly a bit more security. But the team can swallow $1M if he blows. It doesn’t guarantee him anything. 

I think they’re taking a chance on two big, strong guys with very low cost and really high upside to play on the outside. Both have an easy out if they want.

Just now, HappyDays said:

Gonna go out on a limb and say adding a RB2 isn't going to fix all of the problems our offense had in that game.

Never said it did.  But you brought up the fact of "not sustaining" an offense with Joah running so much.....that's where my point was geared toward.

Now you're moving the goalpost.  

I've already stated to you how we can have a sustainable and successful offense this year.  You might not agree, but let's not act like we're doomed in May

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

The WR room is filling up fast. I find it hard to believe the Bills intend to stick with Knox as a pure blocking TE. They’ve gotta be trying to move him. 

No way Knox is getting moved.  He just restructured his deal (lowered his pay/more cap friendly this yr), we'd also be in for a Sizeable dead cap hit.

Makes no sense to move him.

MVS is a legit #4 WR, which we needed.  Hollins is #5, unless Shavers/Shorter/Claypool prove they're at least as capable blocking and on S/Ts.  Everyone else is on a "very cheap" deal, and competing for #6 or P/S.

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

Certainly a bit more security. But the team can swallow $1M if he blows. It doesn’t guarantee him anything. 

I think they’re taking a chance on two big, strong guys with very low cost and really high upside to play on the outside. Both have an easy out if they want.

Considering his critical receptions in the Chiefs playoff run.....he would have to be Rashee Rice off the field to not make the 53 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

No way Knox is getting moved.  He just restructured his deal (lowered his pay/more cap friendly this yr), we'd also be in for a Sizeable dead cap hit.

Makes no sense to move him.

MVS is a legit #4 WR, which we needed.  Hollins is #5, unless Shavers/Shorter/Claypool prove they're at least as capable blocking and on S/Ts.  Everyone else is on a "very cheap" deal, and competing for #6 or P/S.

All of that might be true but it seems like he’s become a complete afterthought. And just because he’s restructured doesn’t mean that there aren’t other teams that’ll pay for his services. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The WR room is filling up fast. I find it hard to believe the Bills intend to stick with Knox as a pure blocking TE. They’ve gotta be trying to move him. 

Knox is a proven reliable target in the red-zone and shows up in the post season 

• Like (+1) 1

Feels like there is a backend of the WR room Thunder Dome being constructed in Buffalo.

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Knox is a proven reliable target in the red-zone and shows up in the post season 

The hate ***** for Knox will not end.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

MVS will light it up with Josh.

Coleman - we are ALL gonna love him.

Samuel - underrated bigtime.

RayRay - pounder baby!

Cook - nuff said.

Shakir - excellent depth.

Kincaid - Nuff said.

Hamler - now this is the x spot. If he or Claypool rise - look out.

Knox - blocker!

Starters: MVS! Coleman, Shakir, Samuel, Kincaid, Knox, Cook, RayRay, Ty J, x spot. Pretty sweet.

Now if the D stays healthy look the F out!!! This team will win the SB.

Depth. Pounders. Tough. Win. Go BILLS!

They're only keeping 7 wrs, which is alot. Who are the final 3 wrs to make the 53.  I personally am hoping it's Claypool, Hamler & Hollins.  I don't see Cephus, Isabella,  Shorter or Shavers making the final cut. 

• Agree 1