Bills apparently cockblocked the Pats*** at the end of the 1st round…

4 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No but the fact that they didn't take Worthy and let the Chiefs have him kind of tells me they didn't want him. and if they traded down to 32, kind of tells me they viewed the other 3 fairly close and even they didn't get their first choice of the 3, they were close enough in rankings that they'd take their 2nd or 3even 3rd choice in exchange for extra picks.

But the question was how to stop the Chiefs from getting who they wanted which appears was Worthy, and maybe I missed that part how were the Bills supposed to prevent that other than drafting a guy they clearly didn't want?

How does this make any sense?  The Chiefs could have drafted Coleman.  Does that mean the Bills didn’t want him either?  You’re treating this as if the Bills knew who the Chiefs and everyone else who picked from 29 to 31 were going to take.  

5 hours ago, QCity said:

Yeah, I keep hearing this lately and it's the thought process of fantasy football GMs. But thank God we blocked a 4-win team.

If Cole Bishop & Coleman both pan out, it's gonna look like a pretty good trade.

• Agree 1

I said this when someone brought up if we got screwed out of Legette when we traded down. Morgan and Beane are friends and former co workers. He knew who Carolina wanted and Legette spilled the beans. 

He also knew that NE wanted a WR so it made sense to call Carolina on a lot of fronts.

Calls Morgan to let them know they are offering X and they are considering it and if they want to guarantee themselves Legette throw me a bone to move down one spot and we can both get our guys. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Wait, the Pats also wanted Coleman, AND the Bills had a deal in place with them before Carolina gave them a better deal? 

That makes it sound like the Bills weren't all in on Coleman & were fine taking someone else had the Panthers not given them a better offer. 

@BigDingus In isolation, it doesn't make sense; however, if they wanted Coleman OR Legette, then the Bills played the Pats for the patsies they are. 

We may never know if it's true, but I feel as though there's a good chance it is. 

13 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I understand that. They were okay going from 28 to 32 not knowing if Coleman would be there. What is the Pats went to 31? What is SF took him instead of Pearsall? There’s layers to this…

I understand that. See above  ^. When they went from 28 to 32 there was no guarantee that Coleman OR Legette would be there. 

Sure but just as easily the bills could have had Coleman, Legette, Worthy, and Pearsall all grouped together and felt safe they were getting a guy they wanted at 32 plus picking up capital.

Knowing team needs though and seeing that sf and balt likely didnt need or want an x receiver maybe they took their chances and would have settled for if things went really sideways.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

What I want to know is how the ***** is cockblocked allowed but the b-word isn’t? 

There hasn’t been this much cockblocking around these parts since the days of Wood, Levitre, and Big Ed Wang.

Edited by Cotton Fitzsimmons
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 6:24 AM, mrags said:

I wish they would have c***blocked the Chiefs instead 

How would they do that? Draft Worthy who they clearly didn’t want at that spot? Makes sense. 

Edited by Bill51390

36 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

How would they do that? Draft Worthy who they clearly didn’t want at that spot? Makes sense. 

What makes you say the Bills clearly didn’t want Worthy?

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Because they would have taken him instead of trading down with/risking him going to the Chiefs.  

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Because they would have taken him instead of trading down with/risking him going to the Chiefs.  

So they clearly didn’t want Coleman either, right?

4 hours ago, Doc said:

If trading down past the guy you want is your reasoning then they didn't want Coleman either

• Agree 1

Chiefs fans think we wanted the guy they or San Fran wanted.  Pats fans think we didn't trade w/ them because we're still so scared of them (true story, from reading their boards).

I think we were able to get a new starting safety and the WR we were hoping to get without a trade up.

7 hours ago, Billl said:

If they wanted worthy with that pick they would have taken him. Not sure why that’s hard to grasp. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Bill51390 said:

If they wanted worthy with that pick they would have taken him. Not sure why that’s hard to grasp. 

If they wanted Coleman with that pick they would have taken him.  Not sure why that’s hard to grasp.