Bills apparently cockblocked the Pats*** at the end of the 1st round…

On 5/6/2024 at 3:01 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

I understand that. They were okay going from 28 to 32 not knowing if Coleman would be there. What is the Pats went to 31? What is SF took him instead of Pearsall? There’s layers to this…

I understand that. See above  ^. When they went from 28 to 32 there was no guarantee that Coleman OR Legette would be there. 

If the 49ers took Coleman Leggette would be a Bill and we would have the better player. 

Just now, NastyNateSoldiers said:

If the 49ers took Coleman Leggette would be a Bill and we would have the better player. 

Looks like the Bills love to draft BCA , Best Character Available. 

9 hours ago, nedboy7 said:

Interesting that the Bills had a high second round grade on Coleman.  Annoying. 

Beane said they only had 20-21 1st round grades. Picking 28 the plan was to trade down if one of those didn't fall. The scouts still could have had Keon at #23, #28 or #33 on the board but graded as a second rounder. 

Sometimes 1st rd graded players do fall which is what happened with Kincad and attack which happened last year. Trust the board. 

Posted (edited)

My 2 cents is that they entertained trading up to get Thomas and did not like the cost. I assume they did not want Worthy. I think that is clear they wanted this X guy and Worthy is not that. They would have taken him at 28 if they really wanted him. 

We also know they did not want Leggette. Beane MUST have known that Morgan wanted to take Leggette. 

The Patriots wanted Leggette or Coleman. We will probably never know the truth here but if the Bills thought there was a chance that the Pats were going to take their guy there is zero reason to trade with them. Also, trading back with the Pats likely would have resulted in the Pats taking Coleman or Leggette and the Panthers taking the other guy. In this scenario, the Bills likely lose out on their guy and that's why this Pats thing is such a non-story. 

What we don't know is if the Bills wanted Pearsall. We will likely never know that, but since he is not a true outside guy, maybe they didn't. Because he was such a surprise to some people going so early in theory he could have been a guy Buffalo thought would definitely be there at 32. 

But it is more likely to me that they wanted Thomas or Coleman. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

On 5/6/2024 at 12:43 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

How did ¢ockblo¢k get past the word filter?

I'm hopeful that someday AI will generate something like a classy filter.  That would drive click traffic elsewhere, and maybe that wouldn't be a bad thing.

• Thank you (+1) 1