Roast of Brady!

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I do find that a bit ironic to say they have nothing to do with your life while you actually take time out of your life to defend them and how they should be perceived to other people on a message board.

But now I am honestly just curious where the line is with this way of thinking.  So what about people who shoot up schools and murder kids...because your kid wasn't involved, they get the same "imperfect" should be treated as a "regular guy" defense from you?  Or even say serial killers who didn't kill anyone you know?  Or heck, even the big one...Hitler, if say none of your family was affected?

Well, if you want to be fair: we can describe Tom by someone who knows him well. Go look at Bridget Monihan's tweet about loyalty and take from it what you will given her past comments on Brady.

The second part of your argument falls upon it's own petard; see: Godwin's law.

• Eyeroll 1

9 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

I even think that was tongue in cheek.  

the word seems to be Kraft was not coming because it would be uncomfortable for both him and Brady but then he was a surprise in the crowd when comics went on stage 

so I suspect this was a genuinely awkward human moment 

Giselle bunchen is Also reportedly upset with the roast and how she was handled by the production/(unfunny) comics.

Really, from clips I saw only Bledsoe roasted him truly, appropriately, and in the nature of a roast. A lot of the other schmucks went after everyone else but Tom. 

14 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I wish they hadn't protected Bob Kraft as they did. Yet understand why in or to get the Kraft/Belichick shot towards the end. 

That is not why, the reason is Kraft is super sensitive and did not want to be picked on.  BB wanted nothing to do with that shot.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

That is not why, the reason is Kraft is super sensitive and did not want to be picked on.  BB wanted nothing to do with that shot.

and yet he did it. I understand BB's reasoning but pfft it's the nature of the job to get tossed if don't produce wins. I would have taken it as let's face it if Kraft doesn't offer him that job he's probably a coach for the Jets and fired after a few seasons as doubt they'd draft Brady. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Funny, but way way too long. Instead of watching it live, I would’ve enjoyed an edited 1-hour show more.

I agree it did run a tad long. I probably would have had the less professionals and maybe 2-3 players/coaches and call it a night. 90 minute run time would be ideal. 

Edited by The Jokeman

23 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So Tony Hitchcliffe runs the biggest live podcast in the world called "Kill Tony".  Its also filmed and put up on youtube like 3 weeks later which is where I watch it.  The show is actually great if you like stand up comedy.  How it works is simple...Tony and his side kick Redband (who helps produce the show live while going and runs some standup shows too) have on celebrity guest panelists every show of mostly other top comedians.  Often there are multiple guests comedians too or sometimes one of those guests isn't a comic,  but its mostly comedians as guest panelists.  

Tony then pulls names randomly out of a bucket of 100-200 people who are there that night and signed up to try and get there name called.  Its in a comedy club in front of a live audience.  If their name is called, they get to come up on stage and do 60 seconds.  They are can run over like 15 seconds before generally a hard stop.  Then Tony and the panel interview the person for like 3-7 minutes getting to know more about them whether they were awful or crushed it.  

They get everything from comincs doing it for years to newbies.  Many bomb, and the panel roasts them for it.  But he has also discovered a lot of top comics on this show too.  And if you are really good, you can become a regular on the show too.  Every show has a regular open it...one in the middle...and one to close the show.  Everyone else is a bucket pull.  

He started the show in CA, but its in Austin now and shot at Joe Rogans comedy club who is also a frequent guest along with guys like Shane Gillis, Tom Segura, etc.  

Recently...Joe Rogan had Tucker Carlson on his podcast and then took him to the show not telling Tucker he was bringing him on stage and stunned Tucker and walked him out and sat him down on the panel with him and Tony.  One of the regulars is this guy who has been killing it named Cam Patterson and here is a clip of what Cam said to Tucker right after he finished his 60 seconds.  It was pretty hilarious...

Kill Tony is pretty good even though Tucker is a total tool

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Giselle bunchen is Also reportedly upset with the roast and how she was handled by the production/(unfunny) comics.

Really, from clips I saw only Bledsoe roasted him truly, appropriately, and in the nature of a roast. A lot of the other schmucks went after everyone else but Tom. 

Literally the whole world thinks it was the funniest roast of all time.  For someone to call them "unfunny comics" makes me question if that person has a pulse.

And maybe you should just watch it rather than piece together a recap from clips, cuz your recap here is highly inaccurate as they torched Tom all night.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally the whole world thinks it was the funniest roast of all time.  For someone to call them "unfunny comics" makes me question if that person has a pulse.

And maybe you should just watch it rather than piece together a recap from clips, cuz your recap here is highly inaccurate as they torched Tom all night.  

I didn't think it was funny. Only speaking for myself. Bledsoe was the only one who seemed to get it right. Everyone else knob slobbed Brady, or took low hanging fruit like Hernandez, etc. Especially gross that his teammates made fun of the guy after so many of them recounted how troubled he was when pressed years later. None of them tried to help, speak up, or intervene. None of them said his name unless they had to and now they do for laughs? Just odd all.

They went back with tired jokes about Monihan, his cheating, Giselle, and recounted good ol days together.

Bledsoe successfully roasted him because it was not over flattering nor was it kind. He is probably the most successful person up there not named Brady. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

and yet he did it. I understand BB's reasoning but pfft it's the nature of the job to get tossed if don't produce wins. I would have taken it as let's face it if Kraft doesn't offer him that job he's probably a coach for the Jets and fired after a few seasons as doubt they'd draft Brady. 

I think moving on from BB is one thing, calling the owner of the Falcons unsolicited and telling him all the reasons he should not hire him is something else.  They don't like each other but they are tied at the hip for the crazy run they had together.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Literally the whole world thinks it was the funniest roast of all time

I don't think you know what literally means. It was ok, but the average Dean Martin roast of yesteryear had far more wit. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, boyst said:

I didn't think it was funny. Only speaking for myself. Bledsoe was the only one who seemed to get it right. Everyone else knob slobbed Brady, or took low hanging fruit like Hernandez, etc. Especially gross that his teammates made fun of the guy after so many of them recounted how troubled he was when pressed years later. None of them tried to help, speak up, or intervene. None of them said his name unless they had to and now they do for laughs? Just odd all.

They went back with tired jokes about Monihan, his cheating, Giselle, and recounted good ol days together.

Bledsoe successfully roasted him because it was not over flattering nor was it kind. He is probably the most successful person up there not named Brady. 

Yeah overall the roast was long but extremely funny and beautifully awkward.  Could've used a few less incessant Gisselle/ Hernandez jokes. Bledsoe & Glazier kicked it off well.  Gronk was high and appropriately stupid at the same time. 

24 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Could've used a few less incessant Gisselle/ Hernandez jokes

This plus the unnecessarily crude language degraded the roast as a whole.  If the number of f bombs was reduced to say 50, and giselle and the murderer were left out all together, it would have been a much much better event. 

For a 6'5" guy who was married to the world's richest supermodel, Tom Brady exudes small D energy. Amazing how petty and petulant he is. What an angry little loser. Sure, he won a lot of football games, but he is a humorless weirdo. Eff him. 

• Like (+1) 2