Roast of Brady!

On 5/10/2024 at 4:23 PM, Dan Darragh said:

All those guys you mentioned were creative and clever and thoughtful, so the vulgarity was just a part of the act. These guys say the F word and expect the laughs to rain down.  Effing lazy of them.

George Carlin used to say things like "Ever wonder why you park in the driveway but you drive on the parkway?" Now that's clever and funny.

Eddie Murphy is a genius and he created characters that live on in our memories and still bring a smile.

Robin Williams was not vulgar, nor was Rodney Dangerfield.  

The guys you mentioned from back in the day and Don Rickles...those were some quick witted, really funny dudes.

HOLY CRAP I just watched this. There were times when those comedic  performers went SO LOW I was like "you went there yes you did". I mean TB couldn't have known just how raunchy they would be. He does Not strike me as that kind of guy. He's a lot of things but not that.

So a roast in 2024 is NSFW which doesn't surprise me. But the SO overtly sexual stuff did.  Especially the 2 females.  

I watched it with my daughter and for her  it was like a trainwreck. I think she hated it but couldn't stop listening if that makes any sense

I laughed almost all the time but I was embarrassed. LOL and Kevin Hart is a no mercy gonna call You out kinda guy. I Love Him 🙂

On 5/5/2024 at 10:44 PM, JerseyBills said:

I'm an hour in - this is incredible,  amazing comedy so far..

Must watch and there's still a bunch of comedy coming. 

Everyone is getting roasted!! Old school, no woke bs!! Just amazing jokes, nothing off limits, wow

I'm currently 90 minutes in. It started great and kind of slowed down till Belichick and Gronk reappeared. The 2nd tier comedians take too much attention and it's annoying but indeed, what is crazy good, and makes it worth the watch, is that there are no filters. Racism, sexism. anything goes. As for the Hernandez jokes, I'm only surprised some came from Cheats* players.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:19 PM, CountDorkula said:

By the looks of this thread I’d say the other way around. 

Brady made fun of half of the NFL. 

In a a roast, EVRYONE gets it. Brady got some nasty comments (as expected), and lots of compliments too. All the talkers got some nasty crap. As fans, we should expect some and take it too. And in a roast, the "roasted" gets to say crap too. 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:08 AM, boyst said:

Tom BRady chose his own selfish interests over his wife and families wellbeing.

What a bunch of crap. So Gisele has an affair WHILE married, and sends an ultimatum to her superstar NFL husband to stop his career cause she wants him to, and HE is the one who was selfish? As if him giving in to her whims would have saved that marriage. Lots of things to dislike Brady about, that sure is not one of them.

58 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

What a bunch of crap. So Gisele has an affair WHILE married, and sends an ultimatum to her superstar NFL husband to stop his career cause she wants him to, and HE is the one who was selfish? As if him giving in to her whims would have saved that marriage. Lots of things to dislike Brady about, that sure is not one of them.

so you're taking what little bit we know about their relationship as the testament to the character of Tom Brady who has proven he has imperfect morals?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 4:23 PM, Dan Darragh said:

Robin Williams was not vulgar,  

Lol, I suggest you go re-watch his "Weapons of Self Destruction" special and see how that statement holds up.

Edited by Pecos Bills

10 hours ago, Pecos Bills said:

Lol, I suggest you go re-watch his "Weapons of Self Destruction" special and see how that statement holds up.

Watch his portrayal of the drunk Scot who invented golf.

Not all talk of sex is vulgar.  A true artist like Robin Wms can get the balance right.

Talking about someone's ex-wife's sex life, and using the F word in its original meaning as a verb, requires some absence of decency.

Posted (edited)

Watched it last night. 

Nikki Glaser was fantastic. I heard some of her jokes were too rough and had to be cut. Crazy to think that. Because it was rough. 

Kim Kardashian (never even made an attempt to memorize her script) and the male duo were awful. 

Don't understand why Drew Bledsoe was booed. Does anyone know why the crowd would have animosity toward him?

I never thought I'd say this but Belichick came off as likable. He did himself a lot of favors with that appearance. 

Edited by Just in Atlanta

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Watched it last night. 

Nikki Glaser was fantastic. I heard some of her jokes were too rough and had to be cut. Crazy to think that. Because it was rough. 

Kim Kardashian (never even made an attempt to memorize her script) and the male duo were awful. 

Don't understand why Drew Brees was booed. Does anyone know why the crowd would have animosity toward him?

I never thought I'd say this but Belichick came off as likable. He did himself a lot of favors with that appearance. 

They were chanting DREEEWWWW for Bledsoe not booing 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:35 AM, muppy said:

HOLY CRAP I just watched this. There were times when those comedic  performers went SO LOW I was like "you went there yes you did". I mean TB couldn't have known just how raunchy they would be. He does Not strike me as that kind of guy. He's a lot of things but not that.

So a roast in 2024 is NSFW which doesn't surprise me. But the SO overtly sexual stuff did.  Especially the 2 females.  

I watched it with my daughter and for her  it was like a trainwreck. I think she hated it but couldn't stop listening if that makes any sense

I laughed almost all the time but I was embarrassed. LOL and Kevin Hart is a no mercy gonna call You out kinda guy. I Love Him 🙂

Well that has been the style of the Roasts for probably 20 years now if you go back and watch all the Comedy Central ones which many were great also.  

A lot of people really have no clue who Brady is. Not saying I do either, but the guy is an ENFP on the Meyers Briggs. For context Robin Williams is probably to most famous male ENFP of all time. These people are usually actors, comedians, or artists. Can easily take jokes and role with the punches. They like being the center of attention, it doesn't matter if the joke is on them. 

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Lol makes sense

I had to stop watching Bledsoe after a few minutes as seeing him stick out his tongue every 8-10 seconds got disgusting....

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

I had to stop watching Bledsoe after a few minutes as seeing him stick out his tongue every 8-10 seconds got disgusting....

Yep I noticed that. Was he drunk and couldn't feel his tongue? So bizarre

20 minutes ago, Spiderweb said:

He seemed really nervous to me. Probably had cotton mouth. I thought he did great, though. Best of the athletes anyway. Gronk was unwatchable.

2 hours ago, somnus00 said:

He seemed really nervous to me. Probably had cotton mouth. I thought he did great, though. Best of the athletes anyway. Gronk was unwatchable.

Yep, nerves and dry mouth from that red wine. No doubt. Otherwise did great. 

Loved seeing Gronk get destroyed. 

• Like (+1) 1