Mack Hollis

Chase Claypool 

Justin Shorter
Quintez Cephus

Should he be higher on the depth chart? 

Scary bunch...

Secondaries are trembling with fear

• Haha (+1) 1

I think that our overall plan maybe to stun other teams by starting double TEs and three slot WRs and a FB/heavy-TB.  

By the time the opponents compose themselves, we'll be up 9-7 in the 2nd-half.  With our retro "complimentary football" approach, that may be all we need to glide into the postseason and onto our first Lombardi.  

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

Scary bunch...

Quaking  

LOL  

Meanwhile, Vegas odds on whether our last year's 5th-rounder Shorter even makes the team; 

What Claypool's 5th team in 6 years will be next season;  

Whether Coleman's telling jokes at the end of the season as well;  

Whether Samuel's still on Brady's Christmas card list by the end of the season.  

Posted (edited)

Well, that's what we are able to afford under the cap.  We couldn't even afford Beckham.  This year may be an off year for the team, or not, but we will certainly be challenged more than we have since Allen's rookie season.

Edited by Murdox
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

The general plan has been to give veterans who have not worked out due to injuries or whatever a shot vs. spend another draft pick on a WR.  You know the top three guys now, just looking for #5 ( I assume Hollins or Shorter is a lock).   If a guy like Claypool or Hamler works out great.  If not they can get a guy during or after camp that doesn’t make a roster.

That seems to have been the plan throughout McBeane's tenure here except that they once had a momentary lapse of reason and got out their checkbook on a risk.  

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We have Josh Allen, and the plan is to design an offense built for JJ McCarthy? If that's the plan I don't support it. Build a dominant passing offense capable of steamrolling teams.

I mean the running game hurt the chiefs pretty  bad in that playoff game.  If we weren’t controlling the clock as well the chiefs would’ve scored like 30 more points just dunking on aj klein all game lol 

Read article in BN Jones has 13 interceptions — five of which he returned for touchdowns??  That's more than many CB's ever have for TD's

See Claypool went to ND, he must not be dumb, just not always motivated it seems?  As was pointed out, he hasn't ever had as good a QB situation as now  so will see.

Why keep bringing players who will not not make the final roster I keep hearing zero risk, but don’t they take limited snaps and opportunities  from the young guys ? 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Scary bunch...

Kincaid gets a bunch of defensive attention and he doesn’t factor in here just because of the technicality that he’s officially a tight end I guess.  makes it look a little better imo.  

i dont think they’re trembling a whole lot less than the second half of last year with how diggs was playing but I understand the point 

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

I think Jones and Spector are battling for the Matekavic role. Special teams but offer something on defense in coverage if needed. 

Spector can play when healthy.  But, he has been oft injured.  Even play might bring that into consideration.

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Why keep bringing players who will not not make the final roster I keep hearing zero risk, but don’t they take limited snaps and opportunities  from the young guys ? 

I’d be surprised if claypool doesn’t make the team personally but idk if that’s a majority opinion lol 

45 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

I assume he waited til after the draft.  Claypool is probably who Beane was referring too.  Claypool is at the same age but carries more potential than any 6 or 7 rounder they could have selected.  Shavers, Shorter, Claypool and Cephus fight for wr 5 or 6.  

I’m pretty stubborn with who I like and don’t like for the Bills. Less than 2 years ago I was saying he was a good fit. When Gabe Davis was having a down 2022 I thought he would fit that role perfectly. He was traded for more than I expected, a 2nd.

It hasn’t been that long since I felt that way. I still think there’s upside. I never believed the Bills would take a shot on him though. If he’s serious, he has a great opportunity to turn his career around. I think he definitely chose Buffalo for that reason. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Don't forget Curtis Samuel!  I'm starting to believe he's going to get way more targets than expected 

Under Brady at Carolina, he had 97 targets, 18% of their attempts.  FWIW  

That was his most efficient season ever.  851 yards, 3 TDs, but only three big games.  

The problem is with his other 6 seasons where his Catch-% is a miserable 63%, particularly given where his routes are run.  It's pretty bad given that.  

He's also averaged just over 400 yards and 3 TDs per season in those other 6 seasons.  Hopefully Brady can get him to max out.  

Allen didn't throw significantly more passes or log significantly more completions than Carolina did that season.  

There are a lot of curiosities going into this season.  

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Scary bunch...

Nope that’s just the ground shaking when we roll out our 5-WR set of Coleman / Hollins / Claypool / Cephus / Shorter

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

I thought we are in transition trying to rebuild the roster with young blood and then we bring these old washed up vets from other teams PS 

38 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I'm giving Claypool the benefit of the doubt over the trainwreck that is the Chicago Bears.

Can you name a receiver in the last 5 years that has panned out for the Bears? Me neither.

DJ Moore last season was better than anyone we have on the roster.  

Four and five seasons ago so was Allen Robinson.  

20 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean the running game hurt the chiefs pretty  bad in that playoff game

Not really. We threaded the ball control needle perfectly for a while there but it all fell apart on the final few drives and it required Allen to create magic several times just to keep us in the game. That offense we showed against the Chiefs is not close to a sustainable championship caliber offense.

47 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Claypool, Hamler, Isabella, Cephus, Shorter, Shavers…we probably have the most talented WR room 5 through 10 on the depth chart, whatever that’s worth.  

It could be worth free food & drink on gamedays if you purchase the $25k PSLs.  

Just tell 'em that your good friends at TSW said so.  

:D