Tim Graham article on Kim Pegula and Bills ownership

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s a Broncos situation upcoming imo

Yeah doesn't sound good.   Maybe the potential sale of 25% has something to do with liquidating part of that asset to distribute to soon to be disenfranchised heirs.   

I hate that this has happened to Kim. Coincidentally, I was just googling her today to see if there were any updates on her condition and the only thing that came up was the OpEd and her brief visit to training camp last year. The part in Tim’s article that emphatically stated “Kim is not coming back 

(to the Bills and Sabres)” and the part about her being declared legally incapacitated gutted me. She is the reason the Bills are still here and I always hoped she’d be back eventually. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 5

This daughter seems new to the organization. Has she always been involved with the Bills? Before seeing her at a recent press conference I had never heard of her. 

Seems like things are going to be messy going forward. 

It's all very sad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Process said:

This daughter seems new to the organization. Has she always been involved with the Bills? Before seeing her at a recent press conference I had never heard of her. 

It's all very sad. 

I’ve seen her in Bills photos over the last couple years. I remember her from when they first bought the team. I don’t think she has ever spoken about owning the Bills or being involved.

She’s well educated and a former college tennis player also.

I always had the feeling Jessica would be the one that took on a major position with the Bills.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Jumpin Jayzus… so crazy. Was wondering about her yesterday. Gonna read the article now.

Paywall… blah…

I’m gathering now that Kim had a heart attack and that she must’ve suffered some brain damage going without oxygen so long before being resuscitated. Forgive me if this is already known, I’m just realizing now what the case seems to be. My goodness… heartbreaking 

Edited by NORWOODS FOOT
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

It's all very sad. 

Yeah the Bills were Kim's, and now that she is legally out of the picture gives serious concern on what ownership is going to look like going forward.

And is Terry going to be as committed financially ( signing bonuses etc.)  As he has been?

• Agree 1

Anecdotal but I remember she was very much under the radar no fanfare just serving food out of the, I think, 716 tent at Taste of Buffalo. Struck me as down to earth. Hope she is ok as can be.

In unabashed self-interest, I would really love - from the team ownership group itself - some clarity about who will be owning the Bills long-term. If they know.

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah the Bills were Kim's, and now that she is legally out of the picture gives serious concern on what ownership is going to look like going forward.

And is Terry going to be as committed financially ( signing bonuses etc.)  As he has been?

Bills are spending significantly less cash this year than in recent years. But it could just be a cap reset year. Still spending more than others but they were like top 3 for a few years. Now in the mid 20’s.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That’s a Broncos situation upcoming imo

Considering the situation with the kids’ moms I can understand why there might be some animosity. 

21 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah doesn't sound good.   Maybe the potential sale of 25% has something to do with liquidating part of that asset to distribute to soon to be disenfranchised heirs.   

That makes a lot of sense. 

40 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Eesh that’s really sad for Kim.

I didn’t realize the daughter’s husband got fired

Did Jessica say too much in the players tribune?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Anecdotal but I remember she was very much under the radar no fanfare just serving food out of the, I think, 716 tent at Taste of Buffalo. Struck me as down to earth. Hope she is ok as can be.

In unabashed self-interest, I would really love - from the team ownership group itself - some clarity about who will be owning the Bills long-term. If they know.

This seems pretty normal to me. Pegula needs to have a succession plan. I wouldn’t worry about anything. Selling 25% is likely all part of it. 

• Like (+1) 4