If you’re upset about the WR room - BLAME DIGGS

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Exactly, if you can't smooth things over with Diggs that's on you. Ignore him and benefit from his on field play and try to win a superbowl again. The reason Cincinatti gave for not trading Higgins was "We're trying to win a superbowl"

higgins still needs to play for a contract. 

the bills really screwed up giving that big extension to diggs. and that's not hindsight. it was always questionable. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

My contention is that you need DEPTH in the NFL. That 3 viable WRs is not enough. That one injury will have us depending on Mack Hollins or Justin Shorter for offensive production, and that that's a bad position to be in for a team with a franchise QB in his prime.

My contention is that one of the ways to address this issue would have been to spend a 2nd or 3rd day pick on another wide receiver. The draft is a crapshoot, and the more darts you throw at the WR position, the greater the chance that one of the guys you picks turns out to be a good player. Instead, the Bills threw just ONE dart, and if he doesn't come out swinging as a rookie, the Bills WR corps will be woeful.

Who is to say they don’t sign a free agent like Boyd or trade for someone? Also there is only 1 football and that is mainly going to be going through cook, Kincaid, Shakir just like when they were winning last year. They added Samuels and Coleman, they sign someone like Boyd and how many more people do they need? Just drafting people to draft people doesn’t translate to winning games this year. I think when the Bills have identified weapons they like that they know will have a meaningful impact either through the draft or trade like Diggs they will strike. They drafted someone this year, relax people. 

6 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Ok, but one more point. KC's guy could've been picked by SF. We guaranteed they got the guy they want. You can say we can't worry about other teams but we absolutely can. 

So by your logic KC only liked worthy and only worthy. San Fran also by your logic only liked worthy and would have taken him and yet San Fran didn’t try to move up to secure him. Also KC could have traded with any of the other teams ahead of San Fran. Look these teams aren’t stupid. They probably had a good idea who they liked. It didn’t matter, KC was always going to get him one way or another. We got one of our guys. Move on. 

1 hour ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

How about I blame the GM/coach. That is the only in the league to not draft a wr in the 1st 3 rounds in 5 years?  They will go down in history and discussed decades later as "Mcdefense" and a failure for having the most talented qb buffalo has ever had and never even sniffed a SB

So, the facts are that Bills spent 1st round draft picks on both a WR and a receiving TE in the past 5 yrs.  

You can argue this for the next 5 billion years, but its still a fact.

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Who is to say they don’t sign a free agent like Boyd or trade for someone? Also there is only 1 football and that is mainly going to be going through cook, Kincaid, Shakir just like when they were winning last year. They added Samuels and Coleman, they sign someone like Boyd and how many more people do they need? Just drafting people to draft people doesn’t translate to winning games this year. I think when the Bills have identified weapons they like that they know will have a meaningful impact either through the draft or trade like Diggs they will strike. They drafted someone this year, relax people. 

Beane specifically said today that they won't be trading for a WR. He outright said it's not happening. So that's out the window.

As for free agents -- sure, yeah, I've conceded that IF they sign one, then that changes things. But there's no indication that's happening any time soon. When asked in his presser today, Beane said their WR room is in "good shape" and "we like the guys we have". He cited Shavers, Shorter, and Hamler. 

If they go out and sign Tyler Boyd or OBJ tomorrow, then sure, it makes the draft look a bit different in retrospect. But had they simply used one of their ELEVEN draft picks to take one, that wouldn't even be necessary. They got TWO offensive tackles. They got a PUNT RETURNER. They used a draft pick on a rugby player that has never played a down of football in his life. But no second WR.

Nothing anyone can say to me will make that make any more sense to me.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Lol I was so big on the coaching job McD did last year, I thought he earned his extension in full. I have argued for years he’s a top 10 coach in the NFL.

Go back to the playing in sand.

An ant would step on you and scream like an adult stepping on a Lego. I'm done with the little people like you. 

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So by your logic KC only liked worthy and only worthy. San Fran also by your logic only liked worthy and would have taken him and yet San Fran didn’t try to move up to secure him. Also KC could have traded with any of the other teams ahead of San Fran. Look these teams aren’t stupid. They probably had a good idea who they liked. It didn’t matter, KC was always going to get him one way or another. We got one of our guys. Move on. 

No, you put a lot of words in my mouth there.

First of all, whenever Beane trades up he says "he was the last 1st round grade left on our board" but now KC couldn't be i the same position?

second, never said SF abslutely would have taken him, but we had the earlier pick so we get our choice and hopefully by the time it ets to KC their player will be gone. Why guarantee they get him? The 4th round trade up wasn't worth that alone to me. 

third, and this is a new point, trading from 32 to 33 was annoying as hell amking all the fans wait and also cost the 5th year option. was it really that much gained?

8 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

So, the facts are that Bills spent 1st round draft picks on both a WR and a receiving TE in the past 5 yrs.  

You can argue this for the next 5 billion years, but its still a fact.

My point stands, unlike your 1st wr trade, not draft.  And TE.  My point stands.  If you support that, it's OK, but I do not 

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Hoping KC doesn’t get the 1 player is ridiculous when there are so many players still available and it’s only a few picks later. Praying San Fran picks worthy isn’t a draft strategy that helps your team. 

Dude what aren't you understanding, they don't know who KC wants but they want someone. Unless they're offering a 1st or maybe 2nd I wouldn't have done it. Especially to just take a backup DT in the 3rd

As a side effect it exposes you didn't want who you nd up picking later that bad

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

9 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Dude what aren't you understanding, they don't know who KC wants but they want someone. Unless they're offering a 1st or maybe 2nd I wouldn't have done it. Especially to just take a backup DT in the 3rd

As a side effect it exposes you didn't want who you nd up picking later that bad

lol at getting a first for moving 4 spots back at the end of the first. NFL draft how do they work? The but but Beane says we have a great wr group are hilarious. What’s he going to do? Throw them all under the bus like Diggs would? I’m sure he will continue to target people either through free agency, trades, draft next year after we take our Diggs medicine this year. 

1 minute ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

lol at getting a first for moving 4 spots back at the end of the first. NFL draft how do they work? The but but Beane says we have a great wr group are hilarious. What’s he going to do? Throw them all under the bus like Diggs would? I’m sure he will continue to target people either through free agency, trades, draft next year after we take our Diggs medicine this year. 

Fair, and I was exaggerating about the first but it does seem we re always taking less in these trade downs and paying more in the trade ups. I think there was a report on that just before the draft. 

1 hour ago, Wags67 said:

Name the #1 receiver on the Patriots Super Bowel teams.  We are set up very similar now...

I don’t see Belicheck on the sideline or Tom Brady on the field when the Bills play so not really that similar. 

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

What do you mean by combusted? Would he have sat out? Would they have a better chance to win the Superbowl?

Not with the falloff in production the second half of the season they wouldn’t. Diggs had issues with everyone in the organization and it was starting to get to the point where it was time to turn the page. Listen to Greg Cosell on One Bills Live after the trade was made he said he hasn’t played like a number 1 receiver for quite awhile and went into detail how Diggs peaked as a player two years ago. 

39 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

You can ask any football fan outside of TBD and get a real reflection on our WR room 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Logic said:

My contention is that you need DEPTH in the NFL. That 3 viable WRs is not enough. That one injury will have us depending on Mack Hollins or Justin Shorter for offensive production, and that that's a bad position to be in for a team with a franchise QB in his prime.

My contention is that one of the ways to address this issue would have been to spend a 2nd or 3rd day pick on another wide receiver. The draft is a crapshoot, and the more darts you throw at the WR position, the greater the chance that one of the guys you picks turns out to be a good player. Instead, the Bills threw just ONE dart, and if he doesn't come out swinging as a rookie, the Bills WR corps will be woeful.

I guess Beane in all his infinite wisdom felt we needed only 1 dart. And not a very sharp one at that. We had ample opportunity to get combinations of Thomas, Leggette,  Mitchell or McConkey to pair with Wilson, Franklin or Walker.  Instead we reach for Coleman and his slow ass 4.61.  Beane had an offensive opportunity to reload but he chose to rebuild.  And next years draft will not have the wrs we saw this weekend.