If you’re upset about the WR room - BLAME DIGGS

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

It was widely discussed as the best wr class in a long time. That was the narrative. It was what all the scouts and professionals that get paid have said. 
So the Bills are not better than the 2019 version? That lost to HOU after sneaking in the playoffs. That is crazy talk. If that is true McD and Beane should be fired for destroying a roster with Allen as your qb. 

I don’t put that much stock in people making up narratives so they have something to talk about. We just had 6 qbs go in the first 12 picks. Is this also the best QB draft? Look there were 3 really good prospects and then 4-25 all had some flaws just like most other drafts. Shakir was a 5th round pick that no one liked and his catch rate and yards per catch were fantastic the last 11 weeks. There’s only 1 football and the Bills already have some weapons on offense. Maybe not a top 5 wr but I expect the Bills to be competitive with the guys they have plus the guy targeted at pick 33.

Just now, Draconator said:

Let's complain some more about how bad the man who drafted Josh Allen is. You're pathetic, Fins fan.

This is really embarrassing. Contribute to the discussion or go back to your binkie.

Just now, Bills Bud said:

I blame McDermott and Beane for paying Diggs while playing for another team. I don’t care if he wanted to leave, he was under contract 

Bingo. You see this be all the time. Jones in kc sat out a game and it was puppy dogs and rainbows after winning a Super Bowl again. 

Just now, FireChans said:

This is really embarrassing. Contribute to the discussion or go back to your binkie.

You don't contribute. If you think you do, that's just absolutely pathetic. All you do is complain. Get some glasses and read your damn posts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills Bud said:

I blame McDermott and Beane for paying Diggs while playing for another team. I don’t care if he wanted to leave, he was under contract 

He was under contract but you cannot expect to compete and have 1 guy that isn’t bought in and is supposed to be the leader of the team. It doesn’t work like that. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Beane could’ve drafted WR’s since 2018 and hasn’t. 

Then he wouldn’t have had to extend Diggs desperately in 2022. Something that gave Diggs tremendous leverage in 2022 and 2023.

He did neglect the WR room for multiple seasons, and is still neglecting it and Josh is going to pay for it when his career ends at 31 like Cam Newton.

Pretty much this. Not to mention that if Beane had this grand plan and was all set with WR before the Diggs trade, then why did he continue through this draft and only take 1 WR to replace the 2 WRs that we let go. 

let’s face it, we only took Coleman because Diggs was traded. If we didn’t trade Diggs they believed they were set at WR. 

hate to say it but I called that since the end of the season. 

Bingo. You see this be all the time. Jones in kc sat out a game and it was puppy dogs and rainbows after winning a Super Bowl again. 

I saw jones making plays to help his team win a Super Bowl. I saw Diggs come up short and throw his teammates under the bus. Diggs is a boy compared to Jones. 

I also defended Diggs and have been on record as not being a McDermott fan and wanting him fired. But the day Diggs came up short and refused to look in the mirror in addition to his toxic media posts was the day that the Bills were left with no choice then to move on. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1

41 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

I’m sorry what other way was there? Giving up a ton a draft picks for a rookie? Who says the teams that picked the top 3 WRs even wanted to trade down? You are the people making up these ridiculous unrealistic situations that aren’t based in reality. 

If you read my post carefully which obviously you didn't,  I didn't say anything about trading up for the top3. It would've cost way too much. But Thomas was there at 23 which might've cost a 4th & 5th to move up. Or how bout guys like Leggette,  Mitchell, McConkey? They were all there for the taking.  Coleman (who's not even that good) was not enough.  Was Julio Jones who helped Atl get to a SB, an unrealistic situation?  I'm not even asking for that. Just a 4th & 5th for Thomas.  Going after Thomas, Mitchell, Leggette or McConkey were not unrealistic situations.

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I will agree to a point that Diggs’ exit probably accelerated how bad the lack of succession plan was. But the Bills have sucked at their succession plans for the 2020 stars since.. well… 2020.

Beane drafts a decent WR last year or two years ago and we are feeling much more comfortable with Coleman/Samuel/Shakir filling out the rest of the room. 

You mean like when he drafted Khalil Shakir two years ago in the 5th round? 

45 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's a cut throat business. They cut players all the time. Why get mad at a player for essentially cutting the team?

Because it put your favorite team $30 million in the hole.  Lets praise a consistent passive aggressive social media guy who weaseled his out and left us $30 million in the hole.  

So does Diggs 99% of the time. It’s is so dumb to say this nonsense like Diggs can’t make that play. Shi$ happens. 

Did Allen go over to the sidelines and cuss him out afterwards for the world to see?

No one is saying he can't make that play. The fact of the matter is he didn't. Whether it's crap happening or him just failing miserably, it took place and it was a huge play. 

7 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

My point is the Bills may have had a group of 6 players all rated exactly the same (they'd have to for a trade down to 33 to be worth it, especially for such little compensation)

So they let KC choose their guy, then Carolina as well. So they didn't mind losing out on Worthy or Legette, but they also didn't care about Coleman becasue he could've been picked as well.

It's weird I have to say that , but I'm seeing a lot of fans saying "Coleman was their guy" but Beane's actions dont match that narrative.

I’m kind of there too. If he truly was “their guy” then why did they chance not taking him at 28 or 32? What happens if one of those 5 picks was Coleman? Then we’d be saying that AD Mitchell was our guy all along. 

• Like (+1) 1

Nah.

Beane went into a very deep WR draft armed with 11 picks. He had so many that he traded one away for a 2025 pick instead.

He came out of the weekend with just one wide receiver prospect. He managed to add TWO offensive tackles, spend 4th round capital on a running back, and add a special teams linebacker and a punt returner...but he couldn't bring himself to take more than one bite at the apple at the biggest need position on the roster.

Diggs may have set things in motion, but Beane had ample opportunity to do more to address the wide receiver position this weekend and chose not to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m kind of there too. If he truly was “their guy” then why did they chance not taking him at 28 or 32? What happens if one of those 5 picks was Coleman? Then we’d be saying that AD Mitchell was our guy all along. 

Fair point but this can all be answered by saying that they got one of their “guys”. Other teams are going to get players as well. We can’t pick them all. 

Whatever we do, don't blame McBeane.  

After all, apart from Diggs whom we paid through the nose for, we haven't had another above-average #1 WR on the team during their watch.  

It obviously couldn't have to do with their planning.  

Just now, Logic said:

Nah.

Beane went into a very deep WR draft armed with 11 picks. He had so many that he traded one away for a 2025 pick instead.

He came out of the weekend with just one wide receiver prospect. He managed to add TWO offensive tackles, spend 4th round capital on a running back, and add a special teams linebacker and a punt returner...but he couldn't bring himself to take more than one bite at the apple at the biggest need position on the roster.

Diggs may have set things in motion, but Beane had ample opportunity to do more to address the wide receiver position this weekend and chose not to.

So your answer was picking a late round wr that wasn’t going to play over Shakir Coleman and Samuel’s? That was the answer? 

Just now, Rocbillsfan1 said:

So your answer was picking a late round wr that wasn’t going to play over Shakir Coleman and Samuel’s? That was the answer? 

My contention is that you need DEPTH in the NFL. That 3 viable WRs is not enough. That one injury will have us depending on Mack Hollins or Justin Shorter for offensive production, and that that's a bad position to be in for a team with a franchise QB in his prime.

My contention is that one of the ways to address this issue would have been to spend a 2nd or 3rd day pick on another wide receiver. The draft is a crapshoot, and the more darts you throw at the WR position, the greater the chance that one of the guys you picks turns out to be a good player. Instead, the Bills threw just ONE dart, and if he doesn't come out swinging as a rookie, the Bills WR corps will be woeful.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Draconator said:

You don't contribute. If you think you do, that's just absolutely pathetic. All you do is complain. Get some glasses and read your damn posts. 

Lol I was so big on the coaching job McD did last year, I thought he earned his extension in full. I have argued for years he’s a top 10 coach in the NFL.

Go back to the playing in sand.

2 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Fair point but this can all be answered by saying that they got one of their “guys”. Other teams are going to get players as well. We can’t pick them all. 

Ok, but one more point. KC's guy could've been picked by SF. We guaranteed they got the guy they want. You can say we can't worry about other teams but we absolutely can.