Did we do enough at wide receiver?

There’s no way any GM worth their salt takes a RB2 in RD4 over WR help because “other needs took precedent”. 

He can say whatever he wants.  

id be SHOCKED if we don’t sign a FA or trade for a player at some point. 

Even if he likes what Shorter and Shavers are showing them behind the scenes, it would be absurd to not draft another WR for competition at WR5 or WR6 given the fact both of them have shown zero in an actual game yet. 

We seemed to be actively avoiding WR…

RB2 in RD4.  LB6 in RD5.  Come on…

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I laugh when Justin Shorter's name is included in the mix for our WR issue. What is the fascination with this guy? He is slower than my grandma and didn't even produce in college, so why would we expect him to become a contributor? Is it solely because he was highly regarded coming out of high school? 

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

Reminder:  the most successful team in NFL history only prioritized the WR position ONCE, and didn't win a SB when they did that.

Reminder: They have the best offensive skill player in the league in Travis Kelce over the last _____ years & probably the greatest QB ever when his career ends

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

No.  Granted they can still try to do something before the season starts but this draft was a huge missed opportunity for a front office that ALWAYS talks itself into addressing offense some future year.  Always.  These guys have rules in their heads.  

What were you expecting drafting at 28 with no 3rd round pick? Did you want them to give up their 2nd round and 4th round pick for Brian Thomas if teams were even taking calls in the 1st round for top receivers. Did you want Worthy instead of Coleman or Mitchell. I didn’t especially if I add a 3rd rounder. They addressed offensie the last 2 years even moving up for Kincaid. No one knows how receivers will fit in. 3 out 4 never make their 2 nd contract the last 10 years. The RB and Coleman will be good additions if they stress the run game like they did the last half of the season.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Reminder: They have the best offensive skill player in the league in Travis Kelce over the last _____ years & probably the greatest QB ever when his career ends

He’s talking about NE… who also had Gronk. 

So.. if Kincaid becomes generational, sure, we can have this discussion. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

If Beans is serious why didn't he use the first pick for defense where there wss great value after a run of offense for over half the round. Beane and I get laughed off for this but talks good, looks good but is not a great GM. He's not bad but not great as many fans have him.

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I laugh when Justin Shorter's name is included in the mix for our WR issue. What is the fascination with this guy? He is slower than my grandma and didn't even produce in college, so why would we expect him to become a contributor? Is it solely because he was highly regarded coming out of high school? 

I will say his play speed looked pretty fast and he was a vertical threat for Florida

It’s more likely he’s WR6-7 but who knows

6 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

I want to see what shorter can do this coming year after being injured last year and not getting the opportunity. 

I wouldn't get your hopes up. He didn't do anything in his entire collegiate career

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I was talkin' about the Pats.

Well, let's review:

We lost Stefon Diggs, Gabe Davis, Deonte Harty, and Trent Sherfield.

We gained Keon Coleman, Curtis Samuel, and Mack Hollins. We also have Justin Shorter ready to roll off Red Shirt.

In my eyes, Coleman replaces Davis, Samuel replaces Harty, and Hollins replaces Sherfield. 

However, if Beane is to be believed, he feels Coleman is a #1 right out of the gate. That's lofty expectations for a Rookie - so I'll believe that's their plan when I see it. 

If they plan on using Samuel as an exclusively Outside WR (which would also be surprising), I suppose he could replace Davis and Coleman replaces Diggs. With Shakir and Kincaid working the middle of the field.

That's not as unequipped as everyone likes to think it is. Though I'd be surprised if we didn't add someone - at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

I think they want all 4 of those guys to get as much opportunities as possible. Especially Coleman, Kincaid, and Shakir. Adding someone else would take away from them and I could see a scenario where he doesn't want that.

Just now, Pete said:

It is not September yet.  Beane will be working nonstop trying to improve this team until then

Except he has us in cap hell. So he doesn't have much to work with.