Rd 5, Pick 168: Edge Javon Solomon, Troy

• section122 changed the title to Round 5, Pick 168:

I’ve got news for you Beane. If there aren’t any guys worth drafting now in rd 5, there isn’t going to be anymore that are worth it in the 6th. Get picks next year or just take someone at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’ve got news for you Beane. If there aren’t any guys worth drafting now in rd 5, there isn’t going to be anymore that are worth it in the 6th. Get picks next year or just take someone at this point. 

Picks next year for what? If this year doesn't give you an idea of where we're at...

1 minute ago, nosejob said:

Picks next year for what? If this year doesn't give you an idea of where we're at...

Well we just got a next years 4th. That’s actually good value. Get another 4th. Package those with your 2nd from Diggs. Along with your own 2nd. Your 1st. Get into the top 5 and get an actual good WR next year. 

hell, at the rate we’re going this year we’ll be somewhere around 15 next draft so it won’t be that much of a move. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

What I think is funny is, the are 32 GMs. A lot of teams are still making trades and moving up the board so obviously, they think there are good enough players there but Beane looks at them and just says "no, I'm good". You can have my pick". So, what is Beane seeing that these other teams aren't?

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

What I think is funny is, the are 32 GMs. A lot of teams are still making trades and moving up the board so obviously, they think there are good enough players there but Beane looks at them and just says "no, I'm good". You can have my pick". So, what is Beane seeing that these other teams aren't?

Nothing I accept at this point. 

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

Stupid as hell. This roster won't have 5th and 6th rounders on it.

Inb4 _______ was a 6th rounder.

Christian Benford was a 6th round pick.

Khalil Shakir was a 5th round pick.

Don't know who is going to turn into good players or not at this stage but the Bills seem to have a knack for finding the later round players that contribute 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Imo this is where McDermott has fully taken over in terms of picks. Beane is slapped on the back of the neck by McDermott and TPegs. He looks behind him and they are both standing there and are like…. Get up, we’re drafting as many special teamers we can find now. And if we don’t have enough picks for all of the guys we want, we’ll trade back for more picks for guys that we’re going to be undrafted anyway. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1