Rd 5, Pick 168: Edge Javon Solomon, Troy

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. I’ve generally argued that it was mostly our coach, gameplan, play calling, and terrible in game decisions, including adjustments, clock management, etc. so I don’t have much to say about this other than that. But overall, our roster was not good enough. Hasn’t been since 13 seconds really. Damn shame McD ruined our best shot at glory since SB25

No….our roster WAS good enough. We just didn’t make the plays and/or our coaches didn’t do a good enough job.  

let’s not mention our starting LB that was covering Kelce on both Tds was unemployed on thanksgiving day.  Our top 4 LBs all impacted by Injury, von fell off a cliff, Tre injured, Benford injured, Douglas injured, gabe injured, Diggs, the worst ever version of himself, Rapp injured. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No….our roster WAS good enough. We just didn’t make the plays and/or our coaches didn’t do a good enough job.  

let’s not mention our starting LB that was covering Kelce on both Tds was unemployed on thanksgiving day.  Our top 4 LBs all impacted by Injury, von fell off a cliff, Tre injured, Benford injured, Douglas injured, gabe injured, Diggs, the worst ever version of himself, Rapp injured. 

We disagree. If they ALMOST won. Despite having all these issues you point out, then the roster wasn’t good enough. 

but I have argued multiple times that the bigger problem with this team is McD and I’ll stick to that. But the fact that we had a guy like Klein even suited up for a playoff game says we weren’t good enough. We had Williams there and McD choose not to use him. After he drafted him in rd3 the very same year. He choose Klein after sitting on his couch all year to a guy that was in his locker room all year. Jesus I can’t believe we have to relive this right now. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mrags said:

We disagree. If they ALMOST won. Despite having all these issues you point out, then the roster wasn’t good enough. 

but I have argued multiple times that the bigger problem with this team is McD and I’ll stick to that. But the fact that we had a guy like Klein even suited up for a playoff game says we weren’t good enough. We had Williams there and McD choose not to use him. After he drafted him in rd3 the very same year. He choose Klein after sitting on his couch all year to a guy that was in his locker room all year. Jesus I can’t believe we have to relive this right now. 

Agree to disagree regarding the roster.  It was legit.  We had bad luck with injuries and we didn’t execute.  

Regarding McD, you might be right.  He stunk it up that game. He’s stunk it up on several occasions including every season ending loss.  I like the guy and I think he may eventually evolve into a championship caliber coach….but he’s not right now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Agree to disagree regarding the roster.  It was legit.  We had bad luck with injuries and we didn’t execute.  

Regarding McD, you might be right.  He stunk it up that game. He’s stunk it up on several occasions including every season ending loss.  I like the guy and I think he may eventually evolve into a championship caliber coach….but he’s not right now.  

On THIS…. We agree 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

On THIS…. We agree 

And by agreeing with this, you agree that the roster was good enough.  If it wasn’t good enough we couldn’t have been so close to winning with such bad coaching…. No?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And by agreeing with this, you agree that the roster was good enough.  If it wasn’t good enough we couldn’t have been so close to winning with such bad coaching…. No?

No. I agree that the coach was terrible and not good enough. 

had the roster actually been better we wouldn’t have had to worry about having the coach steal games away from the roster all year and to end the season. 

we can be both. If the roster was good enough, we would have had reasonable backups to come in and cover Travis Kelce in the divisional round of the playoffs instead of some guy that sat on his couch all season. 

23 minutes ago, mrags said:

No. I agree that the coach was terrible and not good enough. 

had the roster actually been better we wouldn’t have had to worry about having the coach steal games away from the roster all year and to end the season. 

we can be both. If the roster was good enough, we would have had reasonable backups to come in and cover Travis Kelce in the divisional round of the playoffs instead of some guy that sat on his couch all season. 

lol…..if we would’ve had better 5th string LBs….those aren’t guys on the roster. You think they could’ve brought another FA LB in that could’ve learned the playbook and start vs Kelce and got the job done?  Again, no.  Anyone we would’ve had would’ve been taken to the woodshed.

There’s no way a team coached by McD could take the champs to the final minute if their roster wasn’t good enough   If the roster had one less injury at LB, I think we win that game. Our top 3 CBs were also injured ….vs Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid. The roster was legit.  The best opening day roster we’ve had with Josh Allen imo  

7 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So if other teams are also moving up, that means others are also moving down. So Beane is doing the same as others

That's actually a brilliant piece of logic. Kudos.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol…..if we would’ve had better 5th string LBs….those aren’t guys on the roster. You think they could’ve brought another FA LB in that could’ve learned the playbook and start vs Kelce and got the job done?  Again, no.  Anyone we would’ve had would’ve been taken to the woodshed.

There’s no way a team coached by McD could take the champs to the final minute if their roster wasn’t good enough   If the roster had one less injury at LB, I think we win that game. Our top 3 CBs were also injured ….vs Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid. The roster was legit.  The best opening day roster we’ve had with Josh Allen imo  

I disagree about it being the best opening day roster. The year with Sanders was probably the best. 

who really cares. We’re talking about the failures of our past here. Let’s stop living in the past and focus in our future. It’s sucks right now. End of story. If we make the playoffs this year I’d be shocked. 

29 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

Once you two are done arguing, can we talk about this kid? I’m really impressed by him personally. 

lol. I will admit I liked Solomon. Can’t remember if I wanted another DE at this spot more. But I do like Solomon. Let’s hope this staff doesn’t ruin him and turn him into a 9 snaps a game rotational player. 

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, stuvian said:

Read somewhere that every pass rusher from Troy is Demarcus Ware 2.0

How many of "every pass rusher from Troy" broke Demarcus Wares sack record?

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, mrags said:

And they could have just as easily missed the playoffs with a few less plays. So I guess we’re gonna argue about that. They made it tho. Great. Then did nothing with it. Decided to start AJ Klein at LB to cover the best TE in the history of the league after spending the year on his couch. Guess we’re just gonna have to disagree with how close we are. 

I got it, you’re just a glass half empty kind of guy. You’re perfect for the 30 year pre-Josh Bills, where you could wear a bag over your head to the games and enjoy being the national punchline of poorly run organizations. You should consider a support group.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I got it, you’re just a glass half empty kind of guy. You’re perfect for the 30 year pre-Josh Bills, where you could wear a bag over your head to the games and enjoy being the national punchline of poorly run organizations. You should consider a support group.

As opposed to the San Diego Chargers East right now? They haven't won anything yet, and the 9/11 jokes weren't exactly helping. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

As opposed to the San Diego Chargers East right now? They haven't won anything yet, and the 9/11 jokes weren't exactly helping. 

What 911 jokes were you referring to? Do you mean no SBs ?  Listen, they give us  a great ride every season since we got our QB. It took Peyton, Brees, Stafford , more years than Josh to get theirs. Marino, Kelly , Tarkenton and Rivers never got one. You want to kill Sean for 13 seconds, I understand, but we were decimated the last few seasons on defense and got beat by better rosters. Nothing to whine about. I still think we’re right there.