Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 4-7 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

2 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Its almost like a FU to the Media/Experts and Fans.

I think he’s trying to submarine McDermott so he can replace him next year😬 Can’t pick heavy offense with McClappy in the room.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I agree. If he doesn't have a trade lined up, then his WR evaluation ability flat sucks beyond round 1.

After the Diggs trade, Beane's quote was "We'll look in the Draft and in Free Agency, and maybe 1 from each"

He did NOT say "It's a great draft to need a WR so we might take a couple".

He told everyone exactly what the plan was, and people didnt listen/didnt believe him because they were too busy in their armchair GM fantasy and falling in love with highlight reels.

We'll add another before camp starts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

He either has a trade set up post 6/1 or he has an incorrect evaluation of where his WR room currently is.

Or maybe he thinks Coleman and Samuel can just step in and replace Diggs/Davis? 

I was convinced he'd double dip wrs in the first 4 rounds. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually don't mind that. Grable had a really good week at the Shrine Bowl. I never got back around to his tape, but I spoke to a guy who was there that week and picked him out. He is their type as well, high RAS, athletic but raw. If I am correct I believe he is a converted tight end. Hope they can sneak him onto the 53 because I think he would get stolen off the PS. 

Yea I’m not sure the numbers game will be in his favor for the 53. Was a QB and then a tight end. Has good tools to develop if we can hang onto him

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Is Beane for some reason intentionally not drafting WR's that are there?

yes, because getting WRs late on day 3 likely isn't perceived as being very high value. The difference between them and UDFAs is probably marginal. We're int he range of getting special teams contributors and priority UDFA targets here.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Turk71 said:

Rice avg 17.6 yds and scored 12 tds last year, #1 target for the #1 pick in the draft....he's also Jerry Rice's kid and nobody wants him?

Not even worth a 6th round pick?

Puzzling

maybe he told teams he wants to play in LA? Who knows could be anything

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I actually don't mind that. Grable had a really good week at the Shrine Bowl in the practices. He didn't stand out to me in the game and I never got back around to his tape, but I spoke to a guy who was there that week and picked him out. He is their type as well, high RAS, athletic but raw. If I am correct I believe he is a converted tight end. Hope they can sneak him onto the 53 because I think he would get stolen off the PS. 

It also appears he has experience at both left and right tackle, as well as right guard.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LEBills said:

Yea I’m not sure the numbers game will be in his favor for the 53. Was a QB and then a tight end. Has good tools to develop if we can hang onto him

I really like RVD but the problem your going to run into with him is he only is a Left Tackle. If you keep Van Pran which is expected, and he is only a Center, than you have two backup lineman with no flex. If Grable can show he can work both Tackle spots that could honestly push RVD out of a job or a trade candidate.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

yes, because getting WRs late on day 3 likely isn't perceived as being very high value. The difference between them and UDFAs is probably marginal. We're int he range of getting special teams contributors and priority UDFA targets here.

Did you say....... Special Teams?

Surprise Cringe GIF by adela_nevecerela

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

After the Diggs trade, Beane's quote was "We'll look in the Draft and in Free Agency, and maybe 1 from each"

He did NOT say "It's a great draft to need a WR so we might take a couple".

He told everyone exactly what the plan was, and people didnt listen/didnt believe him because they were too busy in their armchair GM fantasy and falling in love with highlight reels.

We'll add another before camp starts.

I think your discounting how good I am at Super Tecmo Bowl, *I* know football... :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Turk71 said:

Rice avg 17.6 yds and scored 12 tds last year, #1 target for the #1 pick in the draft....he's also Jerry Rice's kid and nobody wants him?

Not even worth a 6th round pick?

Puzzling

I thought the same thing about David Sills V when he put up 33 TDs and 1800 yards in 2 years for WV and I was really wrong about him. Maybe this is a similar deal.