Day 1 and 2 D picks from Beane

BananaB

Have any lived up to expectations? We hit on some late rounders but it seems to a disappointing part of our draft. Hard to buy into any hype at this point. Hard to get excited about these picks.  The last guy day 1-2 pick that was everything we wanted out of him was Tre. Seems so long ago and that was Whaleys scouting staff

Edited by BananaB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Have any lived up to expectations? We hit on some late rounders but it seems to a disappointing part of our draft. Hard to buy into any hype at this point. Hard to get excited about these picks.  The last guy day 1-2 pick that was everything we wanted out of him was Tre. Seems so long ago and that was Whaleys scouting staff

A GM is only as good as the scouts in the war room with him and on the road. So maybe we need to upgrade our scouts.

58 minutes ago, BananaB said:

There was that one guy in 2018 (after Tre).  What was his name?  Allen something??  

• Disagree 1

Greg Rousseau has been a good pick.  At that point in the late 1st round,  if a DE develops into a core starter and a solid player,  you've done well.  It's often a poor investment,  with teams chasing fool's gold and a lot of them never do much of anything.  

Rousseau would probably be viewed as a good pick by most people. 

Epenesa took some time, in part due to our staff changing his body, but the way he played last year is - at least - a solid RD2 output for a DE taken late in the round. 

Edmunds is good, but not elite.  Solid pick. 

Same with Oliver.  Very good, not elite.  Underwhelming for where he was drafted, but not a miss - and many would view him as a hit. 

Boogie was a miss and everyone knew it except for our FO apparently. 

Elam.. I’m still in wait and see mode.  Weird situation.  I’m willing to see what this year brings as he clearly can play. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I might be in the minority here, but i like our picks so far........gritty, grind it out, hardworking lunchpail players.

That’s fine. But we need some elite play making impact players. Bc this is what you get. One and done in playoffs. Mahommes and Reid stuffing you in a locker every year

1 minute ago, balln said:

That’s fine. But we need some elite play making impact players. Bc this is what you get. One and done in playoffs. Mahommes and Reid stuffing you in a locker every year

You know it's only like day 2 of the draft, right?........plenty more picks coming, my man.

Round 1 and 2

Kincaid, Oliver, Epenesa, Rousseau, Cook, Torrence. 

Round 3 and 4

Singletary, Knox, Davis, Spencer Brown, Bernard, Dorian Williams.

Honarable mention. 5th round Shakir.

Are they all all-pros? No. Have everyone of them contributed in a big way?  Yes.

Edited by davefan66

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

You know it's only like day 2 of the draft, right?........plenty more picks coming, my man.

It’s just such a trash draft in general. I have a tough time complaining about Carter. The talent left at the end of the third this year would be found in the fifth round in a more typical draft. I get why they’d take a safety as they have a huge need there. Bullard is probably my favorite pick of this draft so far. It’s good to have a safety that can cover a TE. I am disappointed in the trade with KC as well as Coleman. I hate WRs who lack lateral agility and can’t separate. I’m not sure how he’s all that useful in this offense. However he is young and possibly hasn’t fully developed as a player yet so there’s some hope. Still, I’m not a fan. 

I’ve got little hope for much on day three. We have a lot of picks, but the talent isn’t there. We will be into priority UDFA players by about 150. Maybe we have enough lottery tickets that one pays off. Hopefully the Bills use them to move around to get a guy if they really want him. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

It’s just such a trash draft in general. I have a tough time complaining about Carter. The talent left at the end of the third this year would be found in the fifth round in a more typical draft. I get why they’d take a safety as they have a huge need there. Bullard is probably my favorite pick of this draft so far. It’s good to have a safety that can cover a TE. I am disappointed in the trade with KC as well as Coleman. I hate WRs who lack lateral agility and can’t separate. I’m not sure how he’s all that useful in this offense. However he is young and possibly hasn’t fully developed as a player yet so there’s some hope. Still, I’m not a fan. 

GB nagged Bullard 2 picks before us

5 hours ago, BananaB said:

Yeah Ed Oliver sucks and so does James Cook apparently even tho he was 4th in the NFL in rushing and 6th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

Do you even bother paying attention to what you write or just post whatever?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah Ed Oliver sucks and so does James Cook apparently even tho he was 4th in the NFL in rushing and 6th in the NFL in yards from scrimmage.

Do you even bother paying attention to what you write or just post whatever?

You understand I’m talking about D only?