Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Rounds 2 & 3 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

SDS

Just now, NoSaint said:

then he should’ve run it at his pro day? 

I think you just have to say he wasn’t prepared as the defense which isn’t great 

That's fair. He did go out for some private workouts.

I'm not some draft guru, just a guy who watches some college football and points at the tv saying "I like that guy", in games he's looked like better than a 3rd rounder.

But like I mentioned earlier, I've been wrong about just about everything this draft.

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd love to see us move some fifths to get a better 3rd rounder, but I've been wrong about just about everything this draft so what do I know.

He has to find a partner.  I'm sure it's what he wants to do that both in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Teams won't trade until they are almost on the clock.  They are watching their boards too.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Magician every year.  Magically gifted the Chiefs the fastest wr to test ever to the Chiefs. Brilliant.   Gifted them Mahomes, magnificent, all while we needed a qb and a wr at the time it happened.  As proven in the past, WR has very little value to the duo of Mcdefense

Beane wasn't here that draft, the Mahomes draft. Worthy is a track star. Wow. So was Marquise Goodwin. 

Just now, HerdMentality said:

so,,, no trade ups then?

You don’t trade up for 5 spots in the 3rd round… It’s just too random. What you do is trade up for 15 spots if you really like a guy. Are we letting our ammo rot?

There has been a lot of talk that the lower rounds of this draft is full of non-NFL players due to NIL and the COVID bonus year. I think that 5th rounders are pretty much worthless this year.

1 minute ago, HerdMentality said:

so,,, no trade ups then?

You don’t trade up for 5 spots in the 3rd round… It’s just too random. What you do is trade up for 15 spots if you really like a guy. Are we letting our ammo rot?

Our ammo doesn't get us up very far. Much more likely we pick at #95 and then trade up once or twice in round 4 tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, HerdMentality said:

so,,, no trade ups then?

What team do you see trading right now?

1 minute ago, H2o said:

Beane wasn't here that draft, the Mahomes draft. Worthy is a track star. Wow. So was Marquise Goodwin. 

Deal with it however you like, my friend   Go Bills

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Yeah idk about all that. Not saying you're wrong but yeah I'd like to double dip. Having 2 good young WRs is a problem I'd be willing to work with. Just me tho. I may be alone on this. 

That's fine , but take him in the 5th or 6th when there's not pressure for the guy to produce as a rookie.  If drafted low can probably slip him to PS or have him slip on the annual banana peel and spend the season on IR, but still learns  alot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

There has been a lot of talk that the lower rounds of this draft is full of non-NFL players due to NIL and the COVID bonus year. I think that 5th rounders are pretty much worthless this year.

I’ve heard that applies to the 6th and 7th Rounds. 

Draft is still strong Rounds 1-5.  

Just now, Low Positive said:

Well, then, let’s hang onto them like they are gold!🥳