Pre draft thoughts

So I'm watching the pre draft. Caleb Williams looks tiny next to Cam Newton 

Reminds me of when I laid eyes on Josh Rosen

Feel free to post any random thoughts from the pre draft hoopla 

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

• TBBills Fan changed the title to Pre draft thoughts

Draft coverage including lead up and stretching it over multiple days shows how the NFL has mastered maintaining our attention. 

There are a lot of things I don’t love about the NFL, but it’s marketing genius. I’ll give them credit for that. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, TBBills Fan said:

Random thought:

The combine would be better if they made them do the drills in pads

I thought you were going to say if they had cheerleaders. You're probably right, but I still like my idea.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

Draft coverage including lead up and stretching it over multiple days shows how the NFL has mastered maintaining our attention. 

There are a lot of things I don’t love about the NFL, but it’s marketing genius. I’ll give them credit for that. 

I've been watching the preview shows for most of the day. I swear it's different heads saying the same thing.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I thought you were going to say if they had cheerleaders. You're probably right, but I still like my idea.

Cheerleader TRYOUT coverage during the combine, done in full pads and cheerleading outfits.  Print the money 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Seeing Drake Maye on the preview show, my mind immediately went to Mac Jones. That might be due to the Pats being linked to him.

Is he the one that looks like Zack Wilson, no I think that was McCarthy

23 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

So I'm watching the pre draft. Caleb Williams looks tiny next to Cam Newton 

Reminds me of when I laid eyes on Josh Rosen

Feel free to post any random thoughts from the pre draft hoopla 

Not nearly as tiny, or nearly as High as Drake Maye 

Troy Franklins biggest negative is weight meanwhile that speedster from Texas is now rated higher and he weighs about 170. 

I still want Franklin and Leggett. At this point you might be able to grab both in the second. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Is he the one that looks like Zack Wilson, no I think that was McCarthy

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Yeah, McCarthy looks like Wilson but prefers women closer to his own age.

They both kind of looks like Wilson. JJ definitely does more tho 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'm falling into a deep depression with the realizations that (a)No matter how many times we trade down, my thirst for picks will not be quenched, and (b) by the end of the draft we will have ZERO picks. They'll all be transformed into players taking up precious cap space which I have a growing hunger for. 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Yeah, McCarthy looks like Wilson but prefers women closer to his own age.

Do we know that for sure?

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Not nearly as tiny, or nearly as High as Drake Maye 

I missed that!

Just now, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I'm falling into a deep depression with the realizations that (a)No matter how many times we trade down, my thirst for picks will not be quenched, and (b) by midnight we will have ZERO picks. They'll all transformed into players taking up precious cap space which I have a growing hunger for. 

No picks by midnight? What kind of trade is Beane arranging?

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

I missed that!

He met his girlfriend at high school. Don't think she was his teacher.

• Haha (+1) 1

I missed that!

Well. I missed Williams from the OP. But I started watching as they were interviewing Maye. Man I’m glad I didn’t take him in the mock draft for the Commanders. He looks like he was high AF and ready to sit in his car at the gas station and eat a whole bag of Cheetos, 6 nutty buddies, and 3 Gatorades. I expect that out of @Gugny but not a top QB prospect. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

Well. I missed Williams from the OP. But I started watching as they were interviewing Maye. Man I’m glad I didn’t take him in the mock draft for the Commanders. He looks like he was high AF and ready to sit in his car at the gas station and eat a whole bag of Cheetos, 6 nutty buddies, and 3 Gatorades. I expect that out of @Gugny but not a top QB prospect. 

That actually makes me like him more. 

However my draft prep doesn't consist of "grading" or "watching tape". I'm going old school with the 5 minute eye test 

Just now, mrags said:

Im more of a Pringles and Slim Jim kinda guy!

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Odunze came across well.

He's bound to be drafted by someone other than the Bills so... must... not... like... him...

Yeah and he mentioned the bears at 9. Makes me sad, unless we trade up with the bears for him!

28 minutes ago, Augie said:

Im the opposite. I avoid all coverage leading up to the draft. I don’t want to be leaked stuff. I enjoy the surprise of it all 

4 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

That actually makes me like him more. 

However my draft prep doesn't consist of "grading" or "watching tape". I'm going old school with the 5 minute eye test 

I’d prefer a guy that doesn’t get high AF and eat enough snacks to show up to camp looking like Dion Dawkins

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Im more of a Pringles and Slim Jim kinda guy!

yeah when you get high as much as you do, I’m sore you need to stick to the less greasy snacks and as low carb as you can get. Or you’d end up looking like…. Well, you. 

Wondering if it is safe to say this is the biggest draft in the Beane era?  Even considering how big 2018 was?

Agree 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

I’d prefer a guy that doesn’t get high AF and eat enough snacks to show up to camp looking like Dion Dawkins

yeah when you get high as much as you do, I’m sore you need to stick to the less greasy snacks and as low carb as you can get. Or you’d end up looking like…. Well, you. 

Agree 

What Beane does in this draft or does not, is something we will all be keepers ng a close eye on. I have faith they will get it right

Just now, UKBillFan said:

That's an interesting point just made by David Carr - Maye is seen as having similar attributes to a college-leaving Josh. Could Daboll be interested and look to trade up?

Agree. And he isn't wrong. If it's the technical stuff, that can be improved as Josh showed.  

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Im the opposite. I avoid all coverage leading up to the draft. I don’t want to be leaked stuff. I enjoy the surprise of it all 

Not so different. I’m watching Beat Bobby Flay, and I’ve been flipping around to everything non-football related. Enough already, let us begin the endless waiting. 

Just now, TBBills Fan said:

Sell the farm, get one of the big 3! 

Or

Get someone like Thomas and keep the assets 

Do we double dip at WR?

What about safety?

I like that suit Nabers is wearing

I think he said if he's drafted in the first round his receivers coach has to pay for it.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Agree 

You crossed a line. That was mean. I’m telling your wife about the time (just the first time) you grabbed my junk at hammers lot. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

What Beane does in this draft or does not, is something we will all be keepers ng a close eye on. I have faith they will get it right

Agree. And he isn't wrong. If it's the technical stuff, that can be improved as Josh showed.  

Rapoport just said the Giants have contacted the Pats over pick three, which possibly reveals interest in Maye.

Surely now is the time for the Pats to choose a QB though?

38 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I've been watching the preview shows for most of the day. I swear it's different heads saying the same thing.

I actually think there are only two or three real people doing this combined on all the networks. The rest of it is AI. You know, with the layoffs and all.You 

Edited by Mojo44