Do you think Allen feels relief after the Diggs trade?

16 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I bet Allen feels like a guy who just took a dump the size of a lunchbox that pinched off clean in a one wipe situation, precautionary at that.

I equate the Diggs situation as, 7 wipes deep and there's still **** on the paper........ugh.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2024 at 9:11 AM, eball said:

I think Josh Allen is as happy as a f*****g clam right now and excited to see what the Bills can accomplish without the Diggs drama.

He will be even happier if Beane can land a #1 WR in this draft. Right now, the passing game will revolve around Kincaid which isn't a bad thing. Still need a #1 WR to go along with that.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I equate the Diggs situation as, 7 wipes deep and there's still **** on the paper........ugh.

Then along came Beane the bidet.  Problem solved!

I could see him somewhat relieved to not have to cater so much to figuring out Diggs.  But still a little nervous about the current state of the WR room. 

Obviously he should have some trust that the current pathetic state will change but how much?  Going with rookies, while ensuring Josh as lead dog, is not the best, on paper solution.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:12 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

Sure, but Diggs is no different than plenty of other high profile WRs. He's actually more the "typical" WR.

So if Josh can't handle Diggs chirping, that's a Josh problem. Because if/when the Bills replace Diggs with other competitive, high profile WRs it's only a matter of time until they start the same behavior.

If we somehow landed MHJ, we're right back where we started.

Diggs believes he made Allen who he is now.  Now Diggs best years were with Allen but he wont admit that.  Same with Beasley.  Different dynamic.  Whether it be one of the top 3 wrs or mid rounder they all will see Allen as the guy.  Diggs and Beasley seem/seemed almost jealous of his found notoriety and fame.  

3 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

I get you’re a big Diggs fan but you have to acknowledge his fall off that coincided with the new OC and the Bills resurgence. This transformed version of Diggs demanded targets at the expense of the team’s fortunes. When the game plan featured more run game and spreading the ball around to Shakir, Kincaid and Cook, the Bills won 6 of 7 and the division. He looked like a tentative shell of his former self in that KC game and dropped the potential game winner on a perfect throw. Then proceeded to be a me first distraction, putting himself before the team that was paying him a fortune. It’s small wonder the Texans converted his deal to one year and we’ll see what happens. His lack of appreciation for this fanbase that embraced him is not the look you’d expect from a classy HOF type player.

I explicitly called this out, so yea. I don't even agree that he fell off at all, he simply wasn't a big part of Brady's scheme for whatever reason. Players don't go from elite to washed mid-season without injury. People are blaming Diggs for a gameplan outside of his control. Of course, there's no excusing his drop in the KC game. That said, If Allen targets him instead of Shakir at the end of the game, we win.

9 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I explicitly called this out, so yea. I don't even agree that he fell off at all, he simply wasn't a big part of Brady's scheme for whatever reason. Players don't go from elite to washed mid-season without injury. People are blaming Diggs for a gameplan outside of his control. Of course, there's no excusing his drop in the KC game. That said, If Allen targets him instead of Shakir at the end of the game, we win.

That's a huge assumption there.  Josh just needed to target Diggs?  Like Diggs wouldn't have to catch the ball? 

Remember the easy screen to Diggs in the Denver game, meant to chew up time at the 12, with 2:12 remaining in the game?  Diggs dropped that. Huge drop from a game management perspective.  Diggs was not the same clutch guy the second half of last season, not at all.

44 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I explicitly called this out, so yea. I don't even agree that he fell off at all, he simply wasn't a big part of Brady's scheme for whatever reason. 

Oh, Decisions Decisions. 

Who to believe, professional tape watchers like Greg Cosell who say unambiguously that Diggs is no longer a #1 WR at this point in his career, because he has lost the abilities to separate more than 10 yds past the line of scrimmage?

Or someone whose chosen screen name leads off with "Bull"?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Oh, Decisions Decisions. 

Who to believe, professional tape watchers like Greg Cosell who say unambiguously that Diggs is no longer a #1 WR at this point in his career, because he has lost the abilities to separate more than 10 yds past the line of scrimmage?

Or someone whose chosen screen name leads off with "Bull"?

based on credibility alone? Probably me since I don't have a financial interest in making headlines to stay relevant.

40 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

That's a huge assumption there.  Josh just needed to target Diggs?  Like Diggs wouldn't have to catch the ball? 

Remember the easy screen to Diggs in the Denver game, meant to chew up time at the 12, with 2:12 remaining in the game?  Diggs dropped that. Huge drop from a game management perspective.  Diggs was not the same clutch guy the second half of last season, not at all.

Given that Diggs was wide open by about 10 yards and he has the highest career catch percentage of any buffalo bill with more than 500 receptions, yea, I think a target put anywhere near his vicinity would have been as close to a guaranteed win as a team gets in this league.

10 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

based on credibility alone? Probably me since I don't have a financial interest in making headlines to stay relevant.

You're shooting your shot wide right here. 

Greg Cosell is not a click-bait headline generator, and he stays relevant because of the widespread respect he's built across the league as a film analyst for literally 40 years.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Not to mention he fumbled a catch and let a ball go through his hands earlier in that very game

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Diggs believes he made Allen who he is now.  Now Diggs best years were with Allen but he wont admit that.  Same with Beasley.  Different dynamic.  Whether it be one of the top 3 wrs or mid rounder they all will see Allen as the guy.  Diggs and Beasley seem/seemed almost jealous of his found notoriety and fame.  

The Beasley comment was because people were fans were saying that the Bills were all Allen and there he had no talent around him.  It was reasonable that he would be somewhat offended by that.  I didn't follow the Diggs response but other posters have pointed out some of it was because Bills fans were saying absolutely abhorrent things about him after he expressed condolences following Vontae Davis's death.

23 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

The Beasley comment was because people were fans were saying that the Bills were all Allen and there he had no talent around him.  It was reasonable that he would be somewhat offended by that.  I didn't follow the Diggs response but other posters have pointed out some of it was because Bills fans were saying absolutely abhorrent things about him after he expressed condolences following Vontae Davis's death.

Correct on Beasley; his comment was in response to a meme suggesting that Allen, like Iowa's Caitlin Clark, was being expected to win it without talent around him.  Beasley's point was that from 2019 on, Allen had talent at WR.  

He's not wrong, albeit whether it's been "enough" talent either in 2019 with himself and Brown but not Diggs or a Diggs equivalent, or in 2022 as he and Sanders were gone and Davis/McKenzie were expected to step up (and did so inadequately), is a fair ask

Edited by Beck Water

38 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Not to mention he fumbled a catch and let a ball go through his hands earlier in that very game

Do you mean when he was in heavy contact? Yes, he should have caught the ball, but it's not like he was wide open.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

Given that Diggs was wide open by about 10 yards and he has the highest career catch percentage of any buffalo bill with more than 500 receptions, yea, I think a target put anywhere near his vicinity would have been as close to a guaranteed win as a team gets in this league.

Guaranteed win?  Even if he caught the ball (and I agreed with you at the time that Josh should have thrown it to him), there was no guarantee of winning.   

The Bills were down three and twenty yards out.  They would/should have run clock so scoring a TD was certainly not a given.  And if Bass shanked the FG try the Bills would have lost anyway.

This is starting to become revisionist fact, kind of like 13 seconds cost us the superbowl.

• Disagree 1

On 4/4/2024 at 10:40 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly don't think that the Bills do this without Allen give it a thumbs up.  

I totally disagree and hope that's not the way it was.

That's not professional.

Fans often think much more highly of players than their own management does.

Not saying there is some sort of dislike for Josh in the building; far from it. 

I'm just saying if Josh's feelings are hurt (or not) should not be the basis of hugely important football decisions facing the team.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I totally disagree and hope that's not the way it was.

That's not professional.

Fans often think much more highly of players than their own management does.

Not saying there is some sort of dislike for Josh in the building; far from it. 

I'm just saying if Josh's feelings are hurt (or not) should not be the basis of hugely important football decisions facing the team.

The franchise QB, who is your most important and highest paid player is going to be consulted before trading his #1 target.  Especially if you're eating $31 million.

Brandon Beane talked to Dawson Knox and let him know Kincaid was someone that they are targeting.  

• Like (+1) 1