Who Will Be President Trump's Vice Presidential Pick ??

We need a thread for an (honest) discussion of who Donald Trump will pick as his running mate.

He teased that he already knew it back in January, but no one seems to know who he meant, only that it will be a surprise.

Who might Trump pick to be vice president? Here are 7 possibilities

By Olivia Rinaldi

The presidential primary season is over, and now that former President Donald Trump has secured the Republican nomination, he's getting questions about who's on his VP short list and what qualities he's looking for in a running mate.

In February, while the primaries were still underway, Trump told Fox News' Maria Bartiromo that he wasn't planning to announce his choice "for awhile." He said he was looking for someone who's "able to be a good president" and told Bartiromo he had been talking to a number of people and mentioned South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.

In January, he'd said of his potential running mate, "I know who it's going to be," but offered no further detail.

Most candidates don't announce a running mate until the official nominating conventions are held in the summer, and Trump is expected to follow that precedent. Sources close to the Trump campaign say they have advised Trump to withhold announcing the nomination until the convention to build suspense and increase his leverage over candidates vying for the role. 

Potential picks whom sources within Trump's orbit have discussed for the role have been prominently featured on the campaign trail with the former president.

Here are seven of them.  (in depth discussion of each at the link)

New York Rep. Elise Stefanik 

South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem 

North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum 

Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders

Former HUD Secretary Dr. Ben Carson

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-potential-vp-picks/

(I am aware that there was another thread started earlier, but it was Classic Frankish. 

A reasonable title followed by sarcastic, snarky filler disguised as "analysis" from CNN and him)

I invite all sides of this issue to post their guesses and conjecture, I know the usual suspects will post their usual responses.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Here are some other "potentials" who were not on the CBS list.

Tulsi Gabbard

Sen. J.D. Vance

Kari Lake

Vivek Ramaswamy

Sen. Katie Britt

Rep. Byron Donalds

I would even throw in Ron DeSantis, with Trump you never know.

The thing is, with most V.P. selections in the past the candidate would weigh which person would help the ticket the most (ex: state, sex, experience)

But with Trump who knows ?

I think that he followed the usual pattern in 2016 and picked Pence an established GOPer to balance things out.

I don't think that he feels that type of 'restriction' this time around.

Fetterman.  

I’m not joking.   

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fetterman-charts-different-path-breaks-fellow-democrats-senate.amp

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-fetterman-bleeding-staff-since-160952605.html

He’s in line with Trump on the big stuff and is absolutely not down with the Maoist Left.  

Trump needs to reach out - Trump isn’t a Republican anyway.  Fetterman apparently isn’t a 2024 Democrat.  

Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin secured.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Given how the RNC is being run, my guess is Don Jr.

Might as well keep it all in the family. 

Not a chance.

But you knew that.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Putin 

Not a chance.

But you knew that.

So did I

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

I invite all sides of this issue to post their guesses and conjecture,

I know the usual suspects will post their usual responses.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya right, Trump's his boy 

Leftists.  Putin has just said why he prefers Biden.  

Oh no no no….for NINE YEARS the low info media has told me Trump hearts Putin and vice versa. 

NINE YEARS - you losers are truly gone.  How absolutely pathetic.  

If I see a post from a leftist that shows how Democrats under Biden have helped American families and this is why you should vote for him it would be the first one.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Leftists.  Putin has just said why he prefers Biden.  

Oh no no no….for NINE YEARS the low info media has told me Trump hearts Putin and vice versa. 

NINE YEARS - you losers are truly gone.  How absolutely pathetic.  

If I see a post from a leftist that shows how Democrats under Biden have helped American families and this is why you should vote for him it would be the first one.  

Trump is directing American foreign policy to the benefit of Putin. They are evil scum! Disgusting human beings, the absolute worst type of humans 

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Fetterman.  

I’m not joking.   

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fetterman-charts-different-path-breaks-fellow-democrats-senate.amp

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-fetterman-bleeding-staff-since-160952605.html

He’s in line with Trump on the big stuff and is absolutely not down with the Maoist Left.  

Trump needs to reach out - Trump isn’t a Republican anyway.  Fetterman apparently isn’t a 2024 Democrat.  

Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin secured.   

I'm guessing Fetterman is a Bill Maher type of Democrat (or like some of the posters here). They hate all of the woke stuff and say how off the rails their party has become but then keep voting Democrat no matter what. They would rather have nonstop crime, no border, crazy inflation than have someone who says mean things. We don't want anyone's feelings to be hurt boo hoo😢

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Donald Trump Gets Surprising VP Suggestion From Roger Stone

FTA:

Stone listed the qualities of Trump's ideal pick.

"I think he needs somebody, first and foremost, [who] has the judgment and the experience and the capacity to be president if God forbid something should happen to Trump," he said.

"Then secondarily, I think he needs someone who will carry the America First revolution forward, should they succeed him. And then, thirdly, you want someone who is sure-footed, someone who's experienced, somebody who will not get tripped up in the first week."

Bolling then interrupted Stone to ask if he had anybody specific in mind.

"You know who I'd like, I just thought of this last night, Devin Nunes—20-year member of Congress, former chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, someone Donald Trump is very close to and trusts entirely, Hispanic, a former farmer before he went to Congress. I think he'd be an excellent choice," Stone replied.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-gets-surprising-vp-suggestion-roger-stone-1885146

LOL.

Great example of the coordinated attacks by Biden's media today.

Byron Donalds, potential VP pick, once attacked Trump

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/29/politics/kfile-byron-donalds-trump-criticisms/index.html

Potential Trump VP Pick Once Slammed ‘Self-Promoter’ Trump Online

https://www.thedailybeast.com/potential-trump-vp-pick-byron-donalds-once-slammed-self-promoter-trump-online

Republican Lawmaker Gives Unhinged Answer on Free and Fair Elections

https://newrepublic.com/post/180268/maga-republican-byron-donalds-free-fair-elections-fox-trump

• 4 weeks later...

GOP vice presidential hopefuls look for Trump’s golden ticket

BY BRETT SAMUELS 

Former President Trump may be handing a golden ticket to whomever he picks as his running mate for November, and the Republicans jockeying for his favor know it.

If Trump wins a second term, his running mate could be best positioned to be the GOP’s presidential candidate in 2028.

Instead of the usual eight-year wait a vice presidential pick would face, Trump’s selection this time would become an overnight favorite to be the GOP nominee in four years.

“To the extent that whoever he picks as vice president could be the presumptive front-runner four years from now, it’s a bigger deal than normal,” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4606184-gop-vice-presidential-hopefuls-look-for-trumps-golden-ticket/

2 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

My hope is Trump tells Little Marco he’s going to pick him so Rubio packs up and moves out of Florida to avoid potential 12th Amendment issues, after which Trump actually picks somebody else. 

How small and petty but that is how a liberal is. If Marco is not retained as senator then the next Republican wins Florida anyways. I actually admit it scares me a bit that our state is so red because politicians often get lazy at this point but I prefer all red to all blue. 

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

How small and petty but that is how a liberal is. If Marco is not retained as senator then the next Republican wins Florida anyways. I actually admit it scares me a bit that our state is so red because politicians often get lazy at this point but I prefer all red to all blue. 

Small and petty is how Trump works, so you have to consider it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Was he demented when he defeated Trump? 

Or do you think--lol--the election was stolen by the mean old deep state? 

Is he demented right now?   Can’t even answer. Simple question.   Keep lying.  

• Agree 1

On 3/29/2024 at 5:50 PM, B-Man said:

Here are some other "potentials" who were not on the CBS list.

Tulsi Gabbard

Sen. J.D. Vance

Kari Lake

Vivek Ramaswamy

Sen. Katie Britt

Rep. Byron Donalds

I would even throw in Ron DeSantis, with Trump you never know.

The thing is, with most V.P. selections in the past the candidate would weigh which person would help the ticket the most (ex: state, sex, experience)

But with Trump who knows ?

I think that he followed the usual pattern in 2016 and picked Pence an established GOPer to balance things out.

I don't think that he feels that type of 'restriction' this time around.

Bunch of wackos! 

73389468007-1996901732.jpg?crop=3947,222

Who might be Donald Trump’s running mate in 2024?

Maya Homan

USA TODAY

Former President Donald Trump has clinched the Republican nomination for the White House and is expected to announce his running mate for the 2024 election soon but who will he select?

There is considerable speculation regarding the potential candidates to fill the seat, with a shortlist that includes at least twelve individuals.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/04/29/trumps-next-vp-candidate-what-to-know/73501065007/