Damar Hamlin vs Antonio Brown on X

SCBills

AB is a fun follow on X.. he’s also clearly crazy.  Not sure id want to engage in a public back and forth with him.  Seems unnecessary.  He’ll be on to some other topic in 15 minutes. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 7

• SCBills changed the title to Damar Hamlin vs Antonio Brown on X

AB is a truly sad case.

It seems clear to me that he is mentally ill. I will not wade into the murky waters of the involvement of brain injuries or CTE in his mental decline or the activation of his latent mental illness, as I am not informed enough about the topic to speak on it. All I know is that he displays classic signs of a handful of mental irregularities.

As for Hamlin, I don't blame him for being upset/frustrated, but in my opinion, it's a bad look for him to even sink to AB's level and respond at all. Just let AB's crazy musings draft into the ether. Don't magnify them. Just let it go. AB is like a sixth grader now. He WANTS to get a rise out of you. The only way to play it is to not give him what he wants, and he'll go find someone else to bother.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 11

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Logic said:

AB is a truly sad case.

It seems clear to me that he is mentally ill. I will not wade into the murky waters of the involvement of brain injuries or CTE in his mental decline or the activation of his latent mental illness, as I am not informed enough about the topic to speak on it. All I know is that he displays classic signs of a handful of mental irregularities.

As for Hamlin, I don't blame him for being upset/frustrated, but in my opinion, it's a bad look for him to even sink to AB's level and respond at all. Just let AB's crazy musings draft into the ether. Don't magnify them. Just let it go. AB is like a sixth grader now. He WANTS to get a rise out of you. The only way to play it is to not give him what he wants, and he'll go find someone else to bother.

Agreed.  Because AB isn’t going to stop now.

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Agreed.  Because AB isn’t going to stop now.

Right.

And now it's likely to become a big story on ESPN, or at least to be trending on social media, and stoke a whole bunch of unnecessary and unproductive nonsense, time-wasting, and blood pressure raising. And for what?

When an immature troll/bully comes around -- even a mentally unstable one -- it's always best to just ignore them.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Right.

And now it's likely to become a big story on ESPN, or at least to be trending on social media, and stoke a whole bunch of unnecessary and unproductive nonsense, time-wasting, and blood pressure raising. And for what?

When an immature troll/bully comes around -- even a mentally unstable one -- it's always best to just ignore them.

Eh, I'd say unlikely because AB has been posting stuff just like this nonstop for the past year+ and everyone has ignored it so far.

I even feel dirty contributing to this thread and almost wish it wasnt on the board, so I'm just going to see my way out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Thank god that trade didnt work out. Fans can barely handle Diggs and his postgame behavior and vague, innocuous tweets. AB wouldve torn this team (and possibly the entire city of Buffalo) apart.

who are you kidding?  TBD would have eaten up his antics with a fork and spoon.  Put a Bills jersey on him and all that old stuff magically melts away as he becomes a Buffalo Bill...

Hamlin would be best to ignore AB, as everyone knows he's crazy...plus he can easily resort to roasting Damar over his actual playing career so far.  Not much Comeback for that---even for the Comeback Kid.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

who are you kidding?  TBD would have eaten up his antics with a fork and spoon.  Put a Bills jersey on him and all that old stuff magically melts away as he becomes a Buffalo Bill...

Hamlin would be best to ignore AB, as everyone knows he's crazy...plus he can easily resort to roasting Damar over his actual playing career so far.  Not much Comeback for that---even for the Comeback Kid.

I mean....clearly not if fans turn on Diggs so easily. 

Yours is a weird post, to say the least.

Hamlin has a great off-the-field reputation.  His story is one of the great all-time stories in the history of sports.  On the field, he's a backup player.  He should not engage with Brown and should stay as far away as possible from the guy, in person or virtually.  NOTHING good can come if it.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5