Damar Hamlin vs Antonio Brown on X

SCBills

AB is a fun follow on X.. he’s also clearly crazy.  Not sure id want to engage in a public back and forth with him.  Seems unnecessary.  He’ll be on to some other topic in 15 minutes. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 7

• SCBills changed the title to Damar Hamlin vs Antonio Brown on X

AB is a truly sad case.

It seems clear to me that he is mentally ill. I will not wade into the murky waters of the involvement of brain injuries or CTE in his mental decline or the activation of his latent mental illness, as I am not informed enough about the topic to speak on it. All I know is that he displays classic signs of a handful of mental irregularities.

As for Hamlin, I don't blame him for being upset/frustrated, but in my opinion, it's a bad look for him to even sink to AB's level and respond at all. Just let AB's crazy musings draft into the ether. Don't magnify them. Just let it go. AB is like a sixth grader now. He WANTS to get a rise out of you. The only way to play it is to not give him what he wants, and he'll go find someone else to bother.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 11

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Logic said:

AB is a truly sad case.

It seems clear to me that he is mentally ill. I will not wade into the murky waters of the involvement of brain injuries or CTE in his mental decline or the activation of his latent mental illness, as I am not informed enough about the topic to speak on it. All I know is that he displays classic signs of a handful of mental irregularities.

As for Hamlin, I don't blame him for being upset/frustrated, but in my opinion, it's a bad look for him to even sink to AB's level and respond at all. Just let AB's crazy musings draft into the ether. Don't magnify them. Just let it go. AB is like a sixth grader now. He WANTS to get a rise out of you. The only way to play it is to not give him what he wants, and he'll go find someone else to bother.

Agreed.  Because AB isn’t going to stop now.

Edited by SCBills

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Right.

And now it's likely to become a big story on ESPN, or at least to be trending on social media, and stoke a whole bunch of unnecessary and unproductive nonsense, time-wasting, and blood pressure raising. And for what?

When an immature troll/bully comes around -- even a mentally unstable one -- it's always best to just ignore them.

Edited by Logic
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Right.

And now it's likely to become a big story on ESPN, or at least to be trending on social media, and stoke a whole bunch of unnecessary and unproductive nonsense, time-wasting, and blood pressure raising. And for what?

When an immature troll/bully comes around -- even a mentally unstable one -- it's always best to just ignore them.

Eh, I'd say unlikely because AB has been posting stuff just like this nonstop for the past year+ and everyone has ignored it so far.

I even feel dirty contributing to this thread and almost wish it wasnt on the board, so I'm just going to see my way out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Thank god that trade didnt work out. Fans can barely handle Diggs and his postgame behavior and vague, innocuous tweets. AB wouldve torn this team (and possibly the entire city of Buffalo) apart.

who are you kidding?  TBD would have eaten up his antics with a fork and spoon.  Put a Bills jersey on him and all that old stuff magically melts away as he becomes a Buffalo Bill...

Hamlin would be best to ignore AB, as everyone knows he's crazy...plus he can easily resort to roasting Damar over his actual playing career so far.  Not much Comeback for that---even for the Comeback Kid.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

who are you kidding?  TBD would have eaten up his antics with a fork and spoon.  Put a Bills jersey on him and all that old stuff magically melts away as he becomes a Buffalo Bill...

Hamlin would be best to ignore AB, as everyone knows he's crazy...plus he can easily resort to roasting Damar over his actual playing career so far.  Not much Comeback for that---even for the Comeback Kid.

I mean....clearly not if fans turn on Diggs so easily. 

Yours is a weird post, to say the least.

Hamlin has a great off-the-field reputation.  His story is one of the great all-time stories in the history of sports.  On the field, he's a backup player.  He should not engage with Brown and should stay as far away as possible from the guy, in person or virtually.  NOTHING good can come if it.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

37 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The many Diggs threads and posts say otherwise.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I mean....clearly not if fans turn on Diggs so easily

Yours is a weird post, to say the least.

weird if you don't understand the history of this place.  you should know better.

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The many Diggs threads and posts say otherwise.

Sure, fellas....4 years in

But when he was the former Vikings helmet tossing diva/new Bills savior, he had nothing but love here upon arrival.  Same would be true for the arrival of AB.  No doubt. 

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

Hamlin has a great off-the-field reputation.  His story is one of the great all-time stories in the history of sports.  On the field, he's a backup player.  He should not engage with Brown and should stay as far away as possible from the guy, in person or virtually.  NOTHING good can come if it.

Think he’s only engaging with him for the reason he said himself: (Obviously grew up a Steeler fan and) looked up to him.

Bigger picture is the Hamlin situation isn’t something to joke about. Regardless of how light hearted it’s supposed to be. 

In that regard, AB should know better. 

Edited by BBFL

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

weird if you don't understand the history of this place.  you should know better.

Sure, fellas....4 years in

But when he was the former Vikings helmet tossing diva/new Bills savior, he had nothing but love here upon arrival.  Same would be true for the arrival of AB.  No doubt. 

This makes sense if you see Diggs' and Brown's antics as the same

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Rather inclusive of AB to hire someone with as bad of a history of head injuries as him to run his twitter.

Not great to respond to him, have to think Hamlin being a Pittsburg kid that AB being at the height of his career with the Steelers when he was in what maybe late high school or college already didn't help.

4 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

AB is so lost. Don’t see him ever recovering and his story won’t end well.

Lost is a understatement the guy is a complete jack ass I for one hope they never let him back into the NFL !! 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

AB is a fun follow on X.. he’s also clearly crazy.  Not sure id want to engage in a public back and forth with him.  Seems unnecessary.  He’ll be on to some other topic in 15 minutes. 

There is precisely a 0.0% chance AB has made a single one of those Tweets.

To steal an eloquent quote from 50 Cent to Floyd Mayweather -

"if you could read one full page out of a Harry Potter book (silly goose), I'll donate $1m to whatever charitable organization you want."

Now we're talking about AB, and I don't have $1m, but Id bet a paycheck AB can't read past a 5th grade level and dang sure can't write a single Tweet without multiple heinous spelling errors. 

Whoever he hired is pretty funny though, hope they got paid up front!

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I cant tell if AB is funny or tragic. 99% of the time I lean tragic, but then he goes and posts something genius like this

wake-up-babe-new-ab84-tweet-just-dropped

LOL this is an absolute All-Timer

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

There is precisely a 0.0% chance AB has made a single one of those Tweets.

To steal an eloquent quote from 50 Cent to Floyd Mayweather -

"if you could read one full page out of a Harry Potter book (silly goose), I'll donate $1m to whatever charitable organization you want."

Now we're talking about AB, and I don't have $1m, but Id bet a paycheck AB can't read past a 5th grade level and dang sure can't write a single Tweet without multiple heinous spelling errors. 

Whoever he hired is pretty funny though, hope they got paid up front!

LOL this is an absolute All-Timer

So like, he can't read/write well enough to make his own tweets, so he hired a professional, but was careful to make sure his professional tweeter types everything improperly?

6 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Well certainly not post Vontaze

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

So like, he can't read/write well enough to make his own tweets, so he hired a professional, but was careful to make sure his professional tweeter types everything improperly?

Yes.  Clumsily trying to cover up the scent of a paid SM manager.... but the thing is, that a literate adult could not intentionally recreate that level of illiteracy of 'AB Brain'.

You ever see a child wildly misspell something, and you're like 'wow, very wrong.... but i can see where a newb to the language could spell it that way.' Thats an AB Tweet.  He should PPV a spelling bee with him and Mayweather lol

• Haha (+1) 1