PSL Pricing/Seat Selection Discussion

2 hours ago, OutOfBubbleGum said:

The waiting list will be the Bills waiting for people to shell out the money to buy the PSL's. Me, forget the PSL's, I'm buying a new truck. Took all the thought process right out of it.

Time to stop drinking soda. It's bad for your teeth and your health.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

20 hours ago, mrags said:

Sure. Go ahead and post 3 more playoff games from the 90s bills and tell me how well you did on resale for those games. 

I had a couple of extra tix at least twice during the '90s playoffs games and couldn't get $5 for them in the lot or at the gates.  Walked in with 'em.  

Not sure how that's apropos to your debate, but fwiw.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

giphy.gif

I think you need to post this like 4 times. 

29 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

I had a couple of extra tix at least twice during the '90s playoffs games and couldn't get $5 for them in the lot or at the gates.  Walked in with 'em.  

Not sure how that's apropos to your debate, but fwiw.  

Yeah and “the Comeback game” didn’t sell out despite 200k people saying they were there and didn’t leave. 

point is, it’s all old hat after you start and keep winning. Especially when it’s the same story every year. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Yeah and “the Comeback game” didn’t sell out despite 200k people saying they were there and didn’t leave. 

Wasn't attendance for that game poor because of the weather?  It ended up being okay for the game, but people didn't buy tickets prior because it was in the middle of a blizzard.  I could be mis-remembering though

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Wasn't attendance for that game poor because of the weather?  It ended up being okay for the game, but people didn't buy tickets prior because it was in the middle of a blizzard.  I could be mis-remembering though

I was pretty young back then but I think it was more complicated than that.  It has always been my understanding that at the time most people thought the Bills run back then was over at that point.  They had just been embarrassed by Houston in a rough loss at the end of the regular season and were going to be without Kelly, Thurman, and Cornelius Bennett.  It sounds bad now as they would go on to two more Super Bowls and nobody knew what history was about to happen in that game but going into the game there was a general feeling the "window was closed" 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Nah, they lost to the Oilers the week before and had to settle for a WC spot.  Kelly was also hurt in that game, so it looked like all hope was lost for the season.  The WC game was in the mid 30s with rain, so it was sort of a crappy weather day but not bad if they were on top of their game.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Virgil said:

attendance was 75,141...The perception on bad attendance was because it wasn't sold out in time to lift the blackout......and yes I was there and stayed till the end...everyone in my row left so I figured if the run was over I would stay and watch. I had nothing else to do that day.

On 4/9/2024 at 10:39 PM, Jrb1979 said:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/latest-news/state-reseller-law-hindering-sabres-season-ticket-holders

The Sabres sent an e-mail to fans who comprise less than 1% of their season ticket base that “in light of the recent ticket reseller laws” passed by the NY state legislature in 2022, those who sell a high percentage of their games on the secondary market would have to purchase a license from the state to be able to purchase their season tickets.

It is from NY state. 

Until at least one other NY based team sends a similar letter, the Sabres are using this "recent ticket reseller law" as a crutch for this new policy. 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

I don’t believe it was in a blizzard. It was extremely cold from what I remember. But was also in my teens so I don’t remember exactly. 

but I think the lister had worn off after we lost in the previous 2 SBs and we just lost to the Oilers a week before. 

10 hours ago, mrags said:

point is, it’s all old hat after you start and keep winning. Especially when it’s the same story every year. 

True to an extent, but at least one of the games that I couldn't move tix for at the game was an AFC CG.  

As to the weather, no, it wasn't a blizzard, I have no idea how cold it was, but it wasn't snowing.  We thought about going, drove by, but decided to catch it locally at a bar.  

To paraphrase a Louis CK bit:

OF COURSE...season ticket holders are allowed to sell their tickets. Of course. It's become over-priced corporate sports entertainment, a luxury commodity, and subject to the market. 

BUT MAYBE...selling tickets for games that end up being overrun with visiting team fans (Pitts, Dal, KC...any NFC North or AFC East team tbh) is a little traitorous or at least disadvantageous to the fanatic cause. 

On 4/12/2024 at 4:14 PM, mrags said:

I don’t believe it was in a blizzard. It was extremely cold from what I remember. But was also in my teens so I don’t remember exactly. 

but I think the lister had worn off after we lost in the previous 2 SBs and we just lost to the Oilers a week before. 

And Kelly was hurt. Belief was low. We often forget how small/stretched the local ticket market really is for Buffalo, compared to other NFL cities, and especially with respect to affluence. Also, I'm not sure traveling NFL tourism was much of a thing yet.

Green Bay's small market solidarity is a solid counter to this line of thinking (they would never have an un-sold-out home playoff game), but there is an old school, generational loyalty and exclusivity to those seats in that community that I'm sure limits how many opposing fans sneak into Lambeau for a given game. 

FATIGUE/FRUSTRATION was a real thing in this 90s example, as it has become again the last two seasons in Orchard Park. 2022 was STRESSFUL in that stadium, and the weather was hilariously bad when compared to every other effing day during each week. From Halloween weekend on the vibe was WAY off. Which was partially influenced by Vikings, Steelers, Packers, and Bengals fans being loud enough to make a difference. That never happened in the 90s run, that I recall. 

I'd guess that continued price hikes have something to do with the increase in out-of-town fans. Eventually one has to orchestrate a time-share or sublet arrangement to make the financials work. I'm sure the majority of lower bowl seats behind the visiting bench at this point are renewed primarily for profit. Just wish more fans would look for ways to geographically limit WHO buys their seats on the secondary markets and/or seek buyers more privately/locally. 

25 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

And Kelly was hurt. Belief was low. We often forget how small/stretched the local ticket market really is for Buffalo, compared to other NFL cities, and especially with respect to affluence. Also, I'm not sure traveling NFL tourism was much of a thing yet.

Green Bay's small market solidarity is a solid counter to this line of thinking (they would never have an un-sold-out home playoff game), but there is an old school, generational loyalty and exclusivity to those seats in that community that I'm sure limits how many opposing fans sneak into Lambeau for a given game. 

FATIGUE/FRUSTRATION was a real thing in this 90s example, as it has become again the last two seasons in Orchard Park. 2022 was STRESSFUL in that stadium, and the weather was hilariously bad when compared to every other effing day during each week. From Halloween weekend on the vibe was WAY off. Which was partially influenced by Vikings, Steelers, Packers, and Bengals fans being loud enough to make a difference. That never happened in the 90s run, that I recall. 

I'd guess that continued price hikes have something to do with the increase in out-of-town fans. Eventually one has to orchestrate a time-share or sublet arrangement to make the financials work. I'm sure the majority of lower bowl seats behind the visiting bench at this point are renewed primarily for profit. Just wish more fans would look for ways to geographically limit WHO buys their seats on the secondary markets and/or seek buyers more privately/locally. 

The “opposing fan” influence the past 5 years is nowhere even close to what it was during those 2006ish-2017ish years. My seasons are in section 109 and every week was like being at a different away game. It sucked

29 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

The “opposing fan” influence the past 5 years is nowhere even close to what it was during those 2006ish-2017ish years. My seasons are in section 109 and every week was like being at a different away game. It sucked

It was all the “fans” from Canada that would jump on band wagons of teams that were doing well. Well, that and every single one of them was a pats “fan” 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

On 4/11/2024 at 1:48 PM, mrags said:

It’s actually a mandate by the NFL to go to cardless, paperless tickets. It actually started before Covid. The year before Covid my buddy and I went on a tour of the clubs when we were purchasing and our rep told us the NFL is going that route. It helps crack down on scalpers and fake tickets. Notice I didn’t say brokers. Because the NFL is perfectly ok with them doing what they’re doing. Anyway, you could still get cards, or even paper tickets but you had to ask for them. I imagined at some point you would have to pay extra for them as well. Which is now the case. I think you can still get paper tickets also, but last I checked it was an extra $4/ticket. 

Haven’t you stated in this thread multiple times that you are no longer a STH? When was the last time you sold night games? Because I did last year and I can tell you I had a hard time selling 1 night game. Lost money on one playoff game. Didn’t even get what I paid for them, and barely covered the other playoff game. 

Get with the program man. There is no longer paper or card options. It saves everyone money and time. 

The bills are building a new stadium for us. That’s amazing. Almost every single professional sports team requires a PSL. As a community, region, and fan base. We 100% should be obligated to pay money out of our pockets for this team. Stop complaining. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, CABraves-BillsFanSince1992 said:

Get with the program man. There is no longer paper or card options. It saves everyone money and time. 

The bills are building a new stadium for us. That’s amazing. Almost every single professional sports team requires a PSL. As a community, region, and fan base. We 100% should be obligated to pay money out of our pockets for this team. Stop complaining. 

??????

actually not complaining at all. Thanks for butting in. 

and yes, you can actually opt for a card for a ticket. It was just discussed that STHs got their emails last week to opt for cards or paperless. And YES, if you want, you can still get paper tickets. It’s even more. It’s frowned upon, and you have to go through a bunch of hoops to do it. But it is possible. 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

??????

actually not complaining at all. Thanks for butting in. 

and yes, you can actually opt for a card for a ticket. It was just discussed that STHs got their emails last week to opt for cards or paperless. And YES, if you want, you can still get paper tickets. It’s even more. It’s frowned upon, and you have to go through a bunch of hoops to do it. But it is possible. 

The part about complaint is not directed to you. Just overall complaints i skimmed through in this thread. I hate all the negativity. The stadium will provide tons of opportunities for locals to profit from having a 1st class event venue. 

As fans, I’m noticing a narrative nationally that is turning negative. We need to put a stop to that. Everything we do as fans to focus on supporting the team is only going to help management and new prospective incoming draft picks and free agents to look at us in a good way. Buffalo is a place i wanna play. 

i hate seeing the negativity. Be happy. We were so bad for 17 years. Now we are good.  

• Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, CABraves-BillsFanSince1992 said:

The part about complaint is not directed to you. Just overall complaints i skimmed through in this thread. I hate all the negativity. The stadium will provide tons of opportunities for locals to profit from having a 1st class event venue. 

As fans, I’m noticing a narrative nationally that is turning negative. We need to put a stop to that. Everything we do as fans to focus on supporting the team is only going to help management and new prospective incoming draft picks and free agents to look at us in a good way. Buffalo is a place i wanna play. 

i hate seeing the negativity. Be happy. We were so bad for 17 years. Now we are good.  

Yeah well, it def seemed directed at me. Thought you were Einsteins alter login trying to argue with me again but trying to save the embarrassment while he did it. 

either way, point is, you were incorrect, you still can get a card if you want, and if you really want you can get paper tix. But I don’t think o you can do that until the season is ongoing. Like you might have to pick up the tix at roll call. Either way, it’s not easy, and it’s the most expensive option. 

yes I agree we sucked and now we’re great. What’s going to happen when Josh is gone is another argument all together.