Brandon Beane at Alabama Pro Day

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Does Alabama have any good WR?  Serious question....

If the Bills don't take a 1st or 2nd round receiver, Jermaine Burton is in that next group of wr's the Bills would be targeting.

Like Tez Walker, Javon Baker, Burton, Brendon Rice.

Those would be the Gabe Davis replacements as more physical x / deep threat boundary receivers. 

To have their pick of the third tier receivers they'll probably have to package some picks and move into the 3rd round...

While Burton is the smallest of the 3rd/4th round x receivers, he might be the best deep threat. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Latham? Maybe Braswell?

A bit surprised with all the Pro Days that happened yesterday that's the one he was at. Bama has some good prospects but don't seem to fit our glaring needs on paper. What's he up to?

WR Burton there?  

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Does Alabama have any good WR?  Serious question....

Jermaine Burton is VERY talented. He would have much better numbers with any of the  previous four Alabama QBs. MUCH better. Playing with Milroe at QB makes him tougher to rate and will more than likely cost him in the draft. The only caveat is that he is said to be a bit of a head case. I think that if he has himself together he would be a very, very good target for Josh.

Jmo.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Jermaine Burton is VERY talented. He would have much better numbers with any of the  previous four Alabama QBs. MUCH better. Playing with Milroe at QB makes him tougher to rate and will more than likely cost him in the draft. The only caveat is that he is said to be a bit of a head case. I think that if he has himself together he would be a very, very good target for Josh.

Jmo.

At the pro days, do you know if the teams get to meet with the players?  Or is it just watch them work out?

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

At the pro days, do you know if the teams get to meet with the players?  Or is it just watch them work out?

They can take them to lunch and talk to them. The Bills did that with Bijon last year on the day of Texas' Pro Day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I assume they can but I can't say for sure. Belecik was a frequent visitor to Tuscaloosa. It is hard for me to imagine Saban (his friend for about 50 years and fellow Croatian) not introducing him to players.

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Burton is a great player. Hopefully he is there in the 4th round. 

He is going much much higher than anyone thinks imo. Although i will be honest i don't know much about his supposed "head case" issues. But on pure talent wowzer does his highlight reels blow me away 👍

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Dan in Owego said:

He is going much much higher than anyone thinks imo. Although i will be honest i don't know much about his supposed "head case" issues. But on pure talent wowzer does his highlight reels blow me away 👍

Apparently he has some off field concerns and some teams could have him completely off their boards. But if the Bills culture is so strong and they are so confident in their culture and locker room, if he is there in the 4th round it would be a great pick.  On the field he is a stud and one of the beat WR in this draft. 

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Has there ever been an Alabama prospect that has excelled in a Bills uniform? 

Might be a hot take but dareus for a few years.

I get once he got paid he turned lazy and was bad, but he was dominant for a couple seasons 

23 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Agreed. The good Bama players do keep on coming. The Lions had Williams, Branch, and Gibbs help them get to the Super Bowl. I posted my opinion of this class about a month ago. It isn't their strongest class by any means but there are some very good players there.

Dwayne Haskins was pretty good as well. Oh wait, different school.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4040616/dwayne-haskins

Why the Haskins reference - never wore a Bills uni, and obviously never will now. Should have used cardale!

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1