IOL Depth…

5 hours ago, boyst said:

or a guard that can shift to center - eric wood.

Wood played Center in college and the pros.

They also can easily find a David Edwards type in FA.  This regime likes guys with NFL starting experience to build the depth, I would not rule that out.

The Bills have lost two vets that could play C … and McGovern is a question mark as to how he will fit into the position..

I think it’s likely Beane adds another FA signing here, given that two guys have moved on..

Joe Marino has mentioned former Rams C Brian Allen as someone who could be a candidate … I note he is still available …

Started every game in the Rams  2021 SB year when Kromer was there … the Rams later signed him to starter money but he has had several injuries since …and they cut him a month ago..

This is a similar path that David Edwards walked on his way to the Bills … it could be Allen could sign a similiar deal around $2m that Edwards did last year to try and get his career back on track,,, plus they need a second Allen on the team since Kyle left …

17 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Wood played Center in college and the pros.

They also can easily find a David Edwards type in FA.  This regime likes guys with NFL starting experience to build the depth, I would not rule that out.

wood played guard for the Bills.

14 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

As a rookie only. He also was a late 1st round pick. 

yes. and there is no reason we could not have done that to another prospect at center the last few years.

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He isn't the best snapper, but he is a darn good blocker. 

He wasn't the best at pass blocking last year either... He's a tremendous athlete and run blocker but he gets shaky in pass protection occasionally

Honestly more than Morse

I think he's a good center but he's certainly is not this first ballot Hall of famer that we screwed the pooch on

He's not Nick Mangold

19 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He wasn't the best at pass blocking last year either... He's a tremendous athlete and run blocker but he gets shaky in pass protection occasionally

Honestly more than Morse

I think he's a good center but he's certainly is not this first ballot Hall of famer that we screwed the pooch on

He's not Nick Mangold

For sure he isn't Nick Mangold

8 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Removing Bates & Morse from the roster leaves the Bills with Edwards, McGovern & O’Torrence on the IOL(unless I missed a FA signing…or one of the guys listed at OT can also be a viable IOL backup).

Unless they sign a couple of names before the draft, I would think IOL will be a Day 2 or early Day 3 priority. 

Absolutely, it's a strong draft for OL.    Need to bring in some RT competition to develop for Spencer Brown's spot as well for when he leaves in free agency on a contract that will stagger his haters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We are drafting two offensive lineman this draft.  One who plays interior and one that currently plays tackle but could move inside if we need him.

That's my guess.

I’m with you on this… just to create havoc what if Barton the Duke G is sitting at 28 and the WR are gone ? And we can’t find a partner to trade back ? Just saying our OL becomes better than ever ?? Not what I would expect the Bills to do but it’s not an impossible scenario. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Absolutely, it's a strong draft for OL.    Need to bring in some RT competition to develop for Spencer Brown's spot as well for when he leaves in free agency on a contract that will stagger his haters.

You like a tackle who still might be there at 60? 

48 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

I’m with you on this… just to create havoc what if Barton the Duke G is sitting at 28 and the WR are gone ? And we can’t find a partner to trade back ? Just saying our OL becomes better than ever ?? Not what I would expect the Bills to do but it’s not an impossible scenario. 

Barton will be a NFL center for sure

He might get a groomed year at guard to get acclimated..  but his athleticism and football IQ certainly will bring him to center

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You like a tackle who still might be there at 60? 

I think there will be future NFL starting RT's there still, yes.   But I am thinking more day 3.  It's a year where you can get a Spencer Brown level prospect in round 4 or possibly 5 even.   Brown was all-RAS but not much film or experience when he got drafted.   He'd have gone later in this draft, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They also have Alec Anderson that can play IOL and they like him a lot. I believe he's the one that made Bates expendable.

I do agree that Day 3 we likely see some OL taken. They way it sits at the moment I can't see one on day 2 as we only have one pick that day and still have needs at WR and the DL. But if a guy they love is sitting there anything is possible for sure 

We have many needs: WR, DT, S, DE, RB, IOL, OT, CB, LB…. I think in this order….

LOL, Ty J is a total embarrassment as a#2 RB…. I don’t know if he should even be on the PS…..

Our team needs talent so freakin’ badly…..

• Disagree 1

I thought the title was LOL Depth.  Figured it’s a McD defensive pick in round one thing etc.   Sorry I have nothing to add  since I read it again other than I’m an idiot 😂.   My snarky quips have no place here….and I’m a few martinis deep so there’s that 

IMO we have a starting 5 set. 

Then you have Tackles Van Denmark, Tommy Doyle on the roster and Gouraige on a futures

deal. Doyle was working interior last pre season as well. 

IOL it’s Alec Anderson as a rostered player, and Kevin Jarvis on a futures deal. Both guys are college right tackles playing inside. Both can play center and guard. 

The Bills will have to add here. I assume the 5 starters plus Van Denmark and Anderson have a leg up to make the team. And if he is healthy, Doyle as well. That’s 7 guys and they usually keep 9-10 guys. 

There are a ton of mid level guys in free agency and I assume they draft some people. I think we are in a good place. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1