Jeremiah has us taking a DT at 28 in his latest mock

28 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's likely to be the highest pick we ever get in the Allen era

And what WR did you want them to take at 9?  You do realize a lot of you on this board were campaigning to take Noah Fant at 9 right after Hockenson went 8th?  Marquise Brown was the first WR taken at 25 and not a lot of people liked him and Ed Oliver is a better player than him.

So, lets not pretend Oliver was a bad pick at 9, in fact, of all the players who graded high enough to go 9th that year, Oliver is probably the best one and the only one I believe still on the team that drafted him.   Not to mention, a lot of people had Oliver going before the 9th pick too.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

DL in general. There's been a ton of capital both draft and FA at it, and it hasn't gone well.

So get lesser talented guys (aka lower draft picks) in hope they to fill in holes makes sense because....?

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And what WR did you want them to take at 9?  You do realize a lot of you on this board were campaigning to take Noah Fant at 9 right after Hockenson went 8th?  Marquise Brown was the first WR taken at 25 and not a lot of people liked him and Ed Oliver is a better player than him.

So, lets not pretend Oliver was a bad pick at 9, in fact, of all the players who graded high enough to go 9th that year, Oliver is probably the best one and the only one I believe still on the team that drafted him.   Not to mention, a lot of people had Oliver going before the 9th pick too.  

That's not the point I was making

The roi on dline has not been there. Time to take a different approach

I wouldn't hate a first round DL player. There could be other WR's like Troy Franklin that can be a nice add for both short term depth and long term development at WR. I just don't want to see a first round safety. The Bills can go WR, OL or DL at pick 28 and I am fine. Either make sure Josh always has a ton of good WR's and an heir apparent for Diggs or strengthen either side of the line which is always a good idea. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The last DTs they drafted were in 2019 and 2018. What are you talking about?

They've never drafted a wideout in the Josh Allen era before the fourth round. What are you talking about?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

/wrist

Good Lord, this would be an AWFUL idea

Well, I'm kind of glad that a draft pundit is predicting it....other than QB (which was, Durr....) when have the draftniks been correct in their predictions.?

Just now, GoBills808 said:

They've never drafted a wideout in the Josh Allen era before the fourth round. What are you talking about?

That’s because they traded the 1st for the young WR. They also just drafted another 1st round receiving target last year. Kincaid will be 2nd in targets next year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

That's not the point I was making

The roi on dline has not been there. Time to take a different approach

That was 2019 though, it was the first real investment into the DL in terms of drafting.  

And our DL needs help in this draft regardless.  I am not advocating for DL at 28, I want a WR too.  But if the BPA is a DT, I would rather take the better player then try and use some of those 10 other picks to move up from our 2nd rounder and grab one of the guys like Coleman, Franklin, Leggette, McConkey, Pearsall from that group most likely going in the 2nd round.  

Worst mistake is passing up talent to reach for a position.  

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They don’t draft DT’s.

They only have 2 viable DT's on the roster in D.Jones and Ed Oliver, in past years they have had a lot of solid vet DT's plus Ed in the mix. This year Poona Ford and Tim Settle have signed elsewhere and Jordan Phillips is still a free agent. The Bills probably will enter the draft actually need to fill out the DT rotation by drafting at least one DT if not two. 

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Omg I’m so pissed who this random mock draft has us taking!!! 🤬🤬🤬

Oh, just wait until we actually draft some guy!  😂 😂 😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

Well I already had this argument today and Jeremiah is on the same thought I have is. DT is a huge need and it drops off big time from end of round 1 to end of round 2 much more than it would for a WR. 

If you want to take WR, drop down 10 spots you’re going to get the same guy allowing you to trade up for a DT in round 2. 

2 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Well I already had this argument today and Jeremiah is on the same thought I have is. DT is a huge need and it drops off big time from end of round 1 to end of round 2 much more than it would for a WR. 

If you want to take WR, drop down 10 spots you’re going to get the same guy allowing you to trade up for a DT in round 2. 

And the guy Jeremiah has us taking is Jer'Zhan Newton, a top 20 prospect by most.

I could see the Bills taking WR 1st then getting Kris Jenkins also.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

And the guy Jeremiah has us taking is Jer'Zhan Newton, a top 20 prospect by most.

I could see the Bills taking WR 1st then getting Kris Jenkins also.

The argument I would make is teams are going to reach for guys like Jenkins/Fiske and the two Robinsons because they’re the last “difference maker” guys on the DLine. 

Chop is going in the 20s, Darius is going in the 30s imo and Jenkins and Fiske will be gone before pick 50 

34 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

They drafted Oliver 5 years ago. What are we arguing here?

The Bills need to draft a DT. This is common knowledge.

I think drafting a DL in round 1 has proven to be a recipe for early exits from the the playoffs..............so fans are ready to try a different recipe.

Investing the biggest personnel chip of the offseason on a WR and trying to get the offense back to that 2020 level where they invested that chip in Stef Diggs and then scored 31 points per game and went the farthest in the playoffs that they have in 30 years. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

I agree with you, we aren’t drafting Ed’s backup.  I didn’t even see who that is yet, but we will draft a guy who will be seeing more of the field. As for Jeremiah, I wouldn’t call him clueless. I think he’s one of the better ones out there, but has a financial obligation to crank some stuff out. 

I like Jeremiah. What I meant by my statement is he is clueless in regard to the Bills with this pick. Beane seems to go BPA, but BPA at a position of need. Sometimes it works out, others not as much. JA17, Oliver, traded a 1st for Diggs, Rousseau, Elam, Kincaid. You can argue that TE wasn't a need per say, but another offensive weapon for Josh was. Kincaid was arguably the best weapon on the board. So while I wouldn't rule out them drafting defense, I surely don't think it will be a 3-tech DT. 

Edited by H2o

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think drafting a DL in round 1 has proven to be a recipe for early exits from the the playoffs..............so fans are ready to try a different recipe.

Investing the biggest personnel chip of the offseason on a WR and trying to get the offense back to that 2020 level where they invested that chip in Stef Diggs and then scored 31 points per game and went the farthest in the playoffs that they have in 30 years. 

The WR investment is more about replacing Diggs. Future investment.