What if Allen and Mahomes swapped exact situations?

29 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

He needs it because Chiefs fans see with their own eyes that Allen is better. They’re insecure. 

It's not KC bias if every time you turn on the TV, a national analyst is calling Mahomes the most talented QB ever. Frankly, a lot of the media goes further in praising him than I do. 

15 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

You seem to think there's nothing more that Allen could have done in that game, but Buffalo punted on about half their possessions (4 of 9). KC punted on 2 of 11. It's Mahomes that had to be nearly flawless, because his defense was blowing coverages constantly and leaving receivers open by a mile. Plus his kicker missed two easy kicks. 

It's not like Butker missed a couple of 30 yard FGs. He missed a PAT and a 50 yard FG at the end of the 1st half (hardly an 'easy' kick). 

On 3/12/2024 at 2:34 PM, Sweats said:

Honestly, as much as JA will win us games, he will also lose some due to his sporadic undisciplined improv playing style. I mean, it's fun to watch as fans, but it just has to be a nightmare for the team sometimes.

This is my thought on it as well.  It's so hard to sat because Allen could very well be dominant like he was vs KC in the 13 second game, or he could have a game where he turns it over 2-3 times and in the playoffs, that gets you sent home.  Now obviously ANY QB can have a bad day, Mahomes included, but Allen plays much more reckless, which can be amazingly good, but can also lead to a very bad game here and there too.

3 minutes ago, cle23 said:

This is my thought on it as well.  It's so hard to sat because Allen could very well be dominant like he was vs KC in the 13 second game, or he could have a game where he turns it over 2-3 times and in the playoffs, that gets you sent home.  Now obviously ANY QB can have a bad day, Mahomes included, but Allen plays much more reckless, which can be amazingly good, but can also lead to a very bad game here and there too.

Well yeah, JA will win us games and he will lose us games as well. I suppose we have to take the good with the bad in either case, however, no one can ever say he isn't electric on the field.

12 hours ago, Success said:

Ah, yes.   The KC defense just laid down for Allen.  Unlike what the Bills defense did for Mahomes this past January.  And it was quite a bit more than just "picking on Klein."  Half the Bills D was out or hurt.

I'm trying to imagine how much more spectacular Mahomes would have been than Allen if he was on the Bills for the 13 seconds game. I'm not able to muster much.  Allen was unreal that game.  If the Bills win that coin toss, NFL history is probably a bit different.

Not to take away from the game he had, but again, they punted on almost half their possessions. The scoring flurry didn't happen until very late in the game. So obviously the offense and Allen could have done more. It's not like they were facing an elite defense. They were facing a defense with as many or more holes as the one KC faced in January. Sorenson, Niemann, Hitchens and Hughes were massive liabilities and easy for a quality QB to exploit. They didn't "lie down," but they might as well have. Numerous blown coverages, WRs running wide open, and a DB falling down on 4th and 15, leaving Davis high school open for the go-ahead score. 

12 hours ago, Success said:

You've got 3 Super Bowls, and the consensus top QB in the league.  Some even say GOAT.  The Bills haven't won a thing.  Not sure why you need the vote of confidence for Mahomes from l'il ol' me.  

I'm never going to wish the Bills had Mahomes instead of Allen.  Sorry 'bout that.

Never expected you to say otherwise. You quoted me and I responded. 

Edited by SaulGoodman

10 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Allen has the 7th lowest playoff INT percentage of all time (minimum 100 attempts). Mahomes is 8th.

The difference in playoff success between the two is that Mahomes has had arguably two or three Hall of Fame teammates at any one time and a Hall of Fame coach. Allen hasn't had a single one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It's not like Butker missed a couple of 30 yard FGs. He missed a PAT and a 50 yard FG at the end of the 1st half (hardly an 'easy' kick). 

Ah, you're right. I mis-remembered. Definitely doesn't qualify as an "easy" kick, although Butker rarely misses those. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Josh did not walk into a “sh-t scenario.” He was developed perfectly by Daboll. Ideally, he wouldn’t have started year 1, but by his 2nd he had serviceable skill positions along w/ a pretty good defense. Things could’ve been a million times worse. I thought the coaching staff did wonderful and obviously other teams did as well considering how quickly Daboll & Schoen were snatched up. 

‘Ideally’ he wouldn’t have started but he did start his first season with one of the worst supporting casts I’ve ever seen a rookie qb have lol I’m struggling to see how things could’ve been any worse it was the ultimate trial by fire 😂. Wr1 was kelvin benjamin who was terrible and cut midseason 

the situation mahomes stepped into was farrrrrr better and I don’t think it’s even remotely debatable.  I think josh made Daboll a household name much more than the reverse and Daboll’s time with the giants will likely prove that 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Allen has the 7th lowest playoff INT percentage of all time (minimum 100 attempts). Mahomes is 8th.

The difference in playoff success between the two is that Mahomes has had arguably two or three Hall of Fame teammates at any one time and a Hall of Fame coach. Allen hasn't had a single one.

The other difference is that Allen throws away a couple games during the regular season that costs us byes and #1 seeds. 

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I can’t believe spagnuolo doesn’t get more credit for the chiefs success haha their playoff defense is insanely clutch every game that terrible Daniel Sorensen doesn’t get forced into the lineup 

surprising he never got another shot at hc 

Just now, FireChans said:

The other difference is that Allen throws away a couple games during the regular season that costs us byes and #1 seeds. 

This I would be 100% behind if mahomes didn’t do exactly that against the raiders this year 😂. He pretty much solo lost that game 

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I can’t believe spagnuolo doesn’t get more credit for the chiefs success haha their playoff defense is insanely clutch every game that terrible Daniel Sorensen doesn’t get forced into the lineup 

surprising he never got another shot at hc 

This I would be 100% behind if mahomes didn’t do exactly that against the raiders this year 😂. He pretty much solo lost that game 

Oh this year for sure. 

But in previous years, we would somehow beat KC in the regular season, and still end up the 2 seed or lower because Allen dropped a couple games and the Chiefs would be hosting the AFCCG.

I know folks don’t want to hear that, but if the Bills had playoff homefield for like 6 years straight, we probably have broken through by now.

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The HOF coach is a major missing piece. 

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mahomes' defense has allowed 24+ points in half his playoff games and 30+ in almost a third of them. Including two of the Super Bowls. 

On 3/12/2024 at 2:10 PM, ddaryl said:

Reid didn't win a SB till he got to his 2nd head coaching job, and after 13 years HC experience in Philly

I'm confident McDermott can do that to.

Are you suggesting that we should get him on to his 2nd head coaching job, then, so you can see if your confidence in him is justified? ;):lol:

3 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

He needs it because Chiefs fans see with their own eyes that Allen is better. They’re insecure. 

I’m not sure if you’re joking but seeing the amount of Mahomes threads around here suggests the opposite is true. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I’m not sure if you’re joking but seeing the amount of Mahomes threads around here suggests the opposite is true. 

This is the only one I'm seeing on the 1st page of the forum.

2 hours ago, Sweats said:

Well yeah, JA will win us games and he will lose us games as well. I suppose we have to take the good with the bad in either case, however, no one can ever say he isn't electric on the field.

He's electric, mesmerizing and as Rich Eisen has said, he's one of the most athletic, physically gifted and entertaining qbs in NFL history.  Josh needed Dabol as much as Mahomes needs Andy. Albeit Reid is the superior coach over Dabol and McDermott.  Josh just needs to find a way to reduce the careless moments that we don't see as often with Mahomes.