Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Dang, I guess the punt god really is going to be the KC punter.  Those bastards, 

Townsend is a great punter, so this is a good thing.

Punters, though...

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

"16 months ago, the Los Angeles Rams offered two first-round picks (2024, 2025) and a second-round pick (2023) to the Carolina Panthers for the services of edge-rusher Brian Burns, and the Panthers turned the Rams down."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2024/03/11/brian-burns-new-york-giants-2024-nfl-free-agency/72937618007/

Jeeze. The Rams sure don't care about their draft picks. That is a reckless offer. And the Panthers are moronic for not accepting that.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Dang, I guess the punt god really is going to be the KC punter.  Those bastards, 

They’re always thinking a step ahead of everyone. They could potentially get the same (or better performance) for a fraction of the price tag with punt god. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Jeeze. The Rams sure don't care about their draft picks. That is a reckless offer. And the Panthers are moronic for not accepting that.

Ya they have a very reckless strategy.  Helps when you hit on elite day 3 picks (Puka,Kyren Williams)

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

It’s time for Beane After Dark 

We're somewhere between 5 and 7.5m under right now and have, give or take, about 14-15 roster spots  unaccounted for, including multiple starters. 

As far as I can tell, there's really just an Ed Oliver restructure and a potential Taron Johnson extension, that may or may not come, as far as more savings go. Maybe a Milano or Diggs restructure?

Having to make concessions on not getting the full restructure on Josh and not being able to come to terms on an extension for Douglas, settling on a small restructure instead really hurt our projected pool of spending money.

In short, I wouldn't expect much more, if anything tonight. Though I'd love to be wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we should be involved in the discussion regardless just to drive the price up KC would have to pay

That's not really how it works. Beane has prices he's willing to pay for guys. He'll call and feel it out. Give his number, maybe go back and forth a little, sign the guy if he likes it or pass if it's more than he's willing to go.

He's not going to throw out a number he's not comfortable with or go after someone he doesn't have in his plans just to drive up the price for someone else and possibly be stuck with a deal he didn't want to do.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1