Levi Wallace available in free agency?

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Nah, Dane Jackson is the new Levi Wallace. Solid, yet unspectacular CB that you can feel comfortable starting if someone goes down and doesn't cost much. I'd imagine he'll be back. With Douglas, Benford, Elam, and Jackson - unless Levi wants to be a Practice Squad guy, I'm not really interested in paying more for a 5th Outside CB.

If someone does surprise us and pay more than we'd like for the role Jackson would play on this team, then I could see it. McDermott values CB's who know his system above all else. I mean, why do you think Josh Norman keeps popping up?

Thanks for that.....I puked in my mouth reading that!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Get younger. They just developed Benford into a starting caliber CB. They can find another late round pick for CB#4.

Now if the plan is to move Benford to safety and let Elam start at CB then I'd be fine with Levi on a cheap deal. 

That is absolutely not a plan. 

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The last two years Wallace has been significantly better than Elam.

Yeah. This is why a vet min (or close) deal makes sense here. Douglas and Benford starting on the outside. Tauron at slot. Cam is pretty much a slot backup. That leaves just Elam backing up the outside. Wallace would help there.