WR Diontae Johnson Available for Trade

Not needed.  I like Shakir’s upside and Johnson does alot of the same things as him and Diggs.  Buffalo needs a different style wr.  Pickens?  We can talk about that but for a day 3 pick.  

• Like (+1) 1

He is very good and has suffered from an awful OC and awful QB.

He is only 27 years old, and would fit well in our offense.

Assuming the compensation required is not significant -- something like a day 3 pick seems fine -- then I WOULD do it. The only thing that gives me pause is that 2024 is the last year of his deal, and he'd need to be re-signed.

Drafting a rookie in round 1 or 2 probably makes more sense.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Guy drops A LOT of passes. Does have some talent, though. I would be a buyer at nothing more than a late pick swap (we give them a 6th for Johnson and a 7th)

5, 7, and 2 are his drop totals from the last three seasons.

Much better than I thought, honestly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

So a shorter and lighter Shakir? I'd rather see if Shakir can play outside. 

Surprisingly, he isn't a slot guy

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

He is very good and has suffered from an awful OC and awful QB.

He is only 27 years old, and would fit well in our offense.

Assuming the compensation required is not significant -- something like a day 3 pick seems fine -- then I WOULD do it. The only thing that gives me pause is that 2024 is the last year of his deal, and he'd need to be re-signed.

Drafting a rookie in round 1 or 2 probably makes more sense.

I'm ehhh on it. I don't like going into the draft with such a MUST FILL mentality, but I am not sure if he is worth the compensation.

If the Bills pull the trigger for a 4th or 5th I won't hate it, but I'd still want to draft a WR high.

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

His cap hit is 15 mil. Not sure what acquiring team takes on ?  

His base salary is 7 mil so I believe that could be converted to a bonus

Pitt would eat the signing bonus, could possibly eat the roster bonus. $7 M for a vet is a bargain, but I'm kind of meh on him.

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I'm ehhh on it. I don't like going into the draft with such a MUST FILL mentality, but I am not sure if he is worth the compensation.

If the Bills pull the trigger for a 4th or 5th I won't hate it, but I'd still want to draft a WR high.

Yeah I honestly wouldn't want to give up a premium pick (nor do I think the Steelers can reasonably request one, since he's in the last year of his deal, wants out, and is coming off two lackluster seasons), and I wouldn't want it to preclude us from drafting a WR early.

If we could trade a 5th (we have three of them) for him AND still draft a WR in round 1 or 2? Sign me up all day, every day.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Yeah I honestly wouldn't want to give up a premium pick (nor do I think the Steelers can reasonably request one, since he's in the last year of his deal, wants out, and is coming off two lackluster seasons), and I wouldn't want it to preclude us from drafting a WR early.

If we could trade a 5th (we have three of them) for him AND still draft a WR in round 1 or 2? Sign me up all day, every day.

that’s key here. If Beane did this and then didn’t draft a WR early that’s a problem

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/07/diontae-johnson-is-a-misunderstood-player-elite-route-runner-analyst-argues/#:~:text=People look at him as,build and way to win.