Your Top UFA Targets for Free Agency Monday

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I don't mind drafting someone for depth but not seeing a starting NT year 1 in this draft.

Why not?  Mr 366lbs can start right now.  We are at the point its time to start rookies and deal with it.  

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

We will use a couple lower round picks on Safety

I could see that…. But you don’t count on a lower round safety to fill in as a start during a year when you plan to content for a Super Bowl.  

4 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Josh Reynolds? The WR who dropped multiple passes in the NFC championship game? Noah Brown is intriguing but unless he wants a cheap contract I’d rather just draft a couple WRs in this loaded class

Yeah I don’t like that thought.  Didn’t he Bills already have a WR4 who dropped a few big passes in a big playoff game?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Right now I'm mostly looking at Wide Receivers. I know the draft is loaded with them, but I'd rather we get some insurance from that position as not all rookie receivers are instant impact players.

1st target: Calvin Ridley. If we can't get him, then look at Darnell Mooney, or Marquise Brown.

2nd target: Van Jefferson, or Donovon Peoples-Jones, or DJ Chark. Enough of players like Trent Sherfield or Deonte Harty, let's bring in a receiver who has played in the league a few years and has real production. These are not superstars, but they are still on the younger side and they will not be too expensive. 

Josh Allen needs all the help he can get. Bring in a big group of receivers at training camp and let them fight it out.

We do need help at Safety & Defensive Tackle, and I'm sure that Beane will find us the right players we need. I'm focused on receiver.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Right now I'm mostly looking at Wide Receivers. I know the draft is loaded with them, but I'd rather we get some insurance from that position as not all rookie receivers are instant impact players.

1st target: Calvin Ridley. If we can't get him, then look at Darnell Mooney, or Marquise Brown.

2nd target: Van Jefferson, or Donovon Peoples-Jones, or DJ Chark. Enough of players like Trent Sherfield or Deonte Harty, let's bring in a receiver who has played in the league a few years and has real production. These are not superstars, but they are still on the younger side and they will not be too expensive. 

Josh Allen needs all the help he can get. Bring in a big group of receivers at training camp and let them fight it out.

We do need help at Safety & Defensive Tackle, and I'm sure that Beane will find us the right players we need. I'm focused on receiver.

Ridley has barely been talked about around here. Interesting option. He’s probably getting mid level WR1 money.  Strong season with Jags.  Risk would be if he gets into off the field issues again. He’s 29.   Just saw on CBS article that Patriots plan to “swing big” for Ridley.

76 rec for 1016 and 8TD

Diggs & Ridley could both hit 1100 + with Josh.  Then add a talented rookie and we’re much better!

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/8/2024 at 4:54 PM, GunnerBill said:

First choices:

1. Kamren Curl

2. Darnell Mooney

Backup otions:

1. Julian Blackmon

2. DJ Chark

They will need a vet 1T as well but I haven't really looked in depth at that market.

I think DJ Chark is more realistic than Mooney from a cost perspective.

On 3/9/2024 at 2:41 AM, GunnerBill said:

As I have said previously it depends how they really feel inside the building about Diggs. If they think they will get Diggs back to his best then I agree. If they genuinely think there are signs of decline I think they need to add a vet. 

Outside the organization, the opinion on Diggs and him being a WR1 or not seems to be divided.  But, if I had to bet money, I would bet that Beane and Coaches on the inside still do believe in Diggs as a WR1, at least for this next season.  They have been pretty emphatic about that belief too and Beane is not someone I have known to say things he doesn't believe.  

23 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Agree...give me Curl or Chinn @ safety and Mooney @ WR2.  That probably all we can afford. 

While I would be fine adding Mooney, like I mention above, I just think he is going to cost more than I think Beane will want to pay.  With a lot of the top tier WR's guys off the market now it is going to boost his value in FA and I think he is a safe bet to get double digits like $10M - $14M per, especially since he has that one 80+ catch season on his resume while being saddled with bad QB play his whole career.  Someone is gonna overpay based on believing he can consistently be that 70-90 catch guy in a better situation.  

I think someone like Curtis Samuel, DJ Chark, maybe Noah Brown (depends on what his market is as he could also surprise on what he gets) is probably more realistic targets.  Could be wrong, maybe the cap room from the higher than expected cap sways him to spend a little more in FA at say WR, but I just think Beane is seeing all those picks in the draft and knowing he can infuse some talent and youth there at WR and maybe spends more on filling some of the other holes on D which right now is kind of like swiss cheese it has so many holes and lacks depth.  

On offense you still got Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid, and Knox plus Cook.  So rookies don't need to relied on as heavy as say rookies that would need to start right away on defense.  So I just think Beane is gonna focus more on defense with what cap space we have to try and keep from having to rely on too many rookie starters this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ridley has barely been talked about around here. Interesting option. He’s probably getting mid level WR1 money.  Strong season with Jags.  Risk would be if he gets into off the field issues again. He’s 29.   Just saw on CBS article that Patriots plan to “swing big” for Ridley.

76 rec for 1016 and 8TD

Diggs & Ridley could both hit 1100 + with Josh.  Then add a talented rookie and we’re much better!

The reason he is barely talked about here is because there is almost no chance he will be a Buffalo Bill.  Ridley will be the highest paid WR in Free Agency as he is the top WR by a decent margin left on the market with the other guys staying put.  And because of that, he is going to get over paid quite a bit.  Good WR, but he is gonna get paid above his level because he hit the lottery when all the other guys stayed with their teams and then the cap was much bigger than expected.  

• Like (+1) 1

Chinn is someone the Bills have shown interest in the past. He didn't do great in Carolina, but he was a DROY candidate(came in second place). Both Poyer and Hyde were very underrated when the Bills picked them up in free agency and look how that turned out. I think too that Beane/McDermot prefer someone with experience at this position over draft prospects. Not sure Jeremy Chinn is who they target, but there are a lot of under the radar players like this at the safety position. He could be great in our system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

DJ Reader

Derrick Henry 

Calvin Ridley  (unlikely)

Justin Simmons

Jeremy Chinn

Darnell Savage

Curtis Samuel

Darnell Mooney

Hollywood Brown

A’Shawn Robinson

Sutton / Diontae Johnson / other WR via trade

a couple of the above is a nice start

Edited by Warriorspikes51

14 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

Chinn is someone the Bills have shown interest in the past. He didn't do great in Carolina, but he was a DROY candidate(came in second place). Both Poyer and Hyde were very underrated when the Bills picked them up in free agency and look how that turned out. I think too that Beane/McDermot prefer someone with experience at this position over draft prospects. Not sure Jeremy Chinn is who they target, but there are a lot of under the radar players like this at the safety position. He could be great in our system.

I think Ashtyn Davis is another one

The first announcement I want to hear is a DaQuan Jones re-sign.

After that, I can wait 2-3 days and let them start looking at the bargains wanting to latch-on with a contender.