Who's your breakout players for next season?

Who will be this years Bernard, Cook, Benford, Shakir etc? 

Doesn't have to be superstar status butvwhat player will emerge as someone you'll be confident in moving forward? 

I'm going with Justin Shorter having a role on O. Might be a small role but kid has alot of potential and after a red shirt year basically, I could see him having a young Gabe Davis type role and be confident in him moving forward. 

2. Kingsley Jonathan.  Could see him being DE4 in this rotation, he flashed a few times last year in limited role

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

• JerseyBills changed the title to Who's your breakout players for next season?
8 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Loved the pop and downhill nature Dorian Williams brought to the defense when he played.  I also think lightbulb goes on for Elam.  He’s still a pup.  

Same. Only problem is how does he get on the field if no injuries but nice depth!

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Kincaid.  I think he just scratched the surface this past season.  I expect him to be well over 1000 yards this coming season assuming he stays healthy.

True I feel the same, didn't mention him or Cyborg cause I'm very comfortable with them already but ya he has superstar potential for sure

Kincaid is the obvious answer, had a good rookie season but there's so much untapped potential there. 

I'm gonna say Benford.  He's looked good but with the CB1 position stabilized I think he's going to shine at CB2. 

If it’s someone on the roster as of right now… Taylor Rapp if he steps into the starting role. Think he becomes a solid contributor and not the liability some people believe him to be. 

A dark horse for me is Ja’Marcus Ingram. It was only preseason but he seemed to always be there in coverage and made some decent plays on the ball. 

Would say Groot but I don’t think his season will be one where he “breaks out” but rather that he’s actually just seeing an increased volume of snaps. 

Not on the roster right now… Whomever the receiver we draft. Be it in the first or fifth round. 

36 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

What has everyone seen in Kingsley Johnathan that I didn’t? When did he flash?

He had 5 tackles, 5 pressures, 2 QB hits last year.  

in only 96 D snaps (9%),  what do those stats look like if he plays 50% of the snaps.

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'm going with Spencer Brown.

He got better as the season went along and ended up not having a bad year. This will be his second consecutive "healthy" off season and TC. I think he continues to take steps forward and earns a decent extension.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Kincaid is the obvious answer, had a good rookie season but there's so much untapped potential there. 

I'm gonna say Benford.  He's looked good but with the CB1 position stabilized I think he's going to shine at CB2. 

I am saying Benford too. I don't think he will be CB2. He might start the season in that role but I expect him to be the consensus best corner on this team by mid season. It was closer than most imagine last year already. He just doesn't have the splashy ball production that Douglas had as a result of Zach Wilson. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

What has everyone seen in Kingsley Johnathan that I didn’t? When did he flash?

He had 5 tackles, 5 pressures, 2 QB hits last year.  

Like GaSabres said, he barely played. 96 snaps only, those aren't too bad but I just remember being impressed with him because I had low expectations and see him having a much bigger role

43 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Loved the pop and downhill nature Dorian Williams brought to the defense when he played.  I also think lightbulb goes on for Elam.  He’s still a pup.  

I agree with Williams, he physically fits the position well for us and I think he understands his role well. Our LBs could be insane for the next few years. I disagree with Elam but it is one of my few indictments of Beane, taking a man cover corner to play put zone is dumb, guys instincts work with one or other, rarely both.