Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

How much cap space do the Bills need for their picks?

The common thought is teams need about $12M in space to take care of draft picks and to have some “room” to sign players for in-season needs (injury replacements).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Posted (edited)

Don't forget the Bills clear another 10 mill on 6/1 when White is officially released.

Has any seen the contract terms (and cap hits) for Hollins and Morrow or the cap hit for Jones?

I'm surprised that we haven't seen any numbers on the cap changes for Knox and Dawkins.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

How much cap space do the Bills need for their picks?

$3 mil or so when you factor the difference between their picks versus who they are displacing on the 51 man roster.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

The common thought is teams need about $12M in space to take care of draft picks and to have some “room” to sign players for in-season needs (injury replacements).

it's only $3 mil for picks when you factor in the difference between who they displace on the active 51 and their contracts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, 4th&long said:

Over the cap today? Didn’t they need to be compliant yesterday? And how did they give Samuel 3 year $30 million deal.

Maybe they met the requirements, then instantly went back over in preparation for when White's $10 million is freed up!

I dunno, I'm an idiot when it comes to these things.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

Over the cap today? Didn’t they need to be compliant yesterday? And how did they give Samuel 3 year $30 million deal.

Spotrac and OTC do not have accurate numbers from Dawkins and Knox and any other stuff we don't know about.

I will bet that Sameul's 2024 cap hit will be around $6M.  Beane has that.

• Like (+1) 1

Do find one thing interesting as more of the Bills FA are signing with other teams.  In past years, seemed like many hoped for a big pay day someplace else, but in the end signed back in Buffalo. 

Makes me wonder if other years, Beane would tell these guys we're interested in you at $XX salary so if you don't get what you want elsewhere, get back to me.  This year did he tell more of them, sorry you're just not in our plans.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Do find one thing interesting as more of the Bills FA are signing with other teams.  In past years, seemed like many hoped for a big pay day someplace else, but in the end signed back in Buffalo. 

Makes me wonder if other years, Beane would tell these guys we're interested in you at $XX salary so if you don't get what you want elsewhere, get back to me.  This year did he tell more of them, sorry you're just not in our plans.

They still got a number of guys back … and may not be finished yet re-signing people 

Obviously this is the tightest year for Beane to date…and most of the other teams got a late “windfall “  with the increased cap…so there is more money to throw around this year …

Maybe previously loyal guys that have been here a while  like Dodson and Jackson get given a “ depth” number that could be a fallback if they don’t get another gig… but both of them got starter money elsewhere … Maybe Neal just got more money from Miami.. 

No doubt one year only  guys like Sherfield  and Poona Ford only get “good luck “ on their way out the door …