Russell Wilson Released

I wouldn’t say it’s the worst trade of all time.  At that time Wilson was top 10 QB in the league.  The real malpractice was the contract that Denver gave him before playing a snap.  You need to try before you buy!

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Steelers are dumb if they don't jump on this.  

A 70% Russ is better than Pickett and Rudolph combined. 

No. Denver & Pittsburgh deserve another 30 years of crap football.

7 hours ago, davefan66 said:

What an incredibly terrible trade and lost draft picks.  Add the money/cap hit that will paralyze the team for the next two seasons.  And people complain about Beane?  😆

Funny thing is that John Elway was the mastermind behind this. Denver's QB situation has been real bad for awhile.

Paxton Lynch is still out there haha.

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

So the Steelers would rather waste the best years of TJ Watt on the likes of Rudolph and Pickett. While they don't seem like an all in for a one year rental kind of team like Rams, I think the Steelers with Wilson could have gone farther than they did with Rudolph and Pickett. I don't like the celebrity Wilson has become but I don't think he's forgotten how to play football either. 

If you thought your team had a short window to win and you could get Wilson for under 2 million a year why wouldn't you?

Edited by stuvian

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

Tomlin doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would put up with Russ' baggage.

During the drought, this is the kind of move the Bills front office would make.  I expect a similar move out of a team like Washington.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Tomlin doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would put up with Russ' baggage.

During the drought, this is the kind of move the Bills front office would make.  I expect a similar move out of a team like Washington.

Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell say hi

17 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Russel Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers.. all great QBs. Once they turned about 32-33 they just got weird… 

Big Ben was weird from day 1.

Imagine being that talented, and playing all those years, never getting any kind of endorsement deal(s). The guy was shady, maybe as much as Watson, but the sheriff in Georgia let him off the hook. 

19 hours ago, Steptide said:

Isn't his cap hit like 30 million or something for like 3 years? 

Edit - 85 million dead cap hit 😳

That's what I was wondering. The Broncos are screwed.

Man to release him & eat some $38 million in dead cap money they Peyton must have really no liked his play or something about him .

And really if you think about it it will be more because f he gets picked up by another team he's gonna also get paid by them so he will be double dipping that will be 1 hell of a year for him !! 

Dam don't know if the poor dude will be able to survive .

Edited by T master

29 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, he still managed to beat the Bills in Orchard Park last year…Dorsey’s swan song…

Well, it was Special Teams and ole McClappy that blew that game.......RW really didn't have much else to do with it.

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Well, it was Special Teams and ole McClappy that blew that game.......RW really didn't have much else to do with it.

Not true at all...In the fourth quarter, Wilson marched the pathetic Broncos offense down the field to score two touchdowns, including one on a crazy, desperation throw to Courtland Sutton...