State of the Union Address 2024.

8 minutes ago, muppy said:

greetings. I see in politics, as in our franchise QB, PERFECTION is the benchmark. What I mean is I'm not crucifying a guy because he said a name vocal mistake. He's not perfect. NOONE is perfect all the time 100%. There is political symmetry in that. Don't you think?

He saying a victims name wrong in a speech is the least of the issues facing our country right now. It is a bloop anyway.....ANYWAY please know I am reading both sides in this thread.  Highly smart folks with differing opinions. I wish this was all it was. politics is so messy , sayonara adios hasta lasagna. m

Mup, I’ll jump in here.  I agree with you that there are larger problems than a confused old man screwed up the name of a young lady who’s horrific murder resulted, in part, from the failures of his administration, and administrations past. 
On the other hand, that’s the way the game is played, and he’s been a key player for decades.  He didn’t care enough to commit the name to memory, didn’t care enough to think of her family and the pain it would cause them, or lacked the ability to retain it.  

Biden was very, very effective as the Scranton tough guy back in the day.  His famous “Malarkey” and challenging people to push up contests.  One of the funnier things has been to watch rush to his defense as he can no longer handle himself.

Bottom line—he &$#@ed it up, will be called on it.  He’d be first in line if it was someone else. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You MAGAs minimize tragedies like a global pandemic and Jan 6 and perseverate on culture war issues like transsexuality, conspiracies and book banning.  This is not normal.  This is not logical.  This is not productive.  But that's MAGA. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Of course, no one was experimenting on children.  It was a novel and dire situation.  Public health officials went with the evidence they had at the time.  I don't know the current recs on childhood immunization are since I never treated kids but suspect it's still recommended.

It was not novel, the US government had been studying it for years at the Wuhan laboratory. But two questions, how many lives to think we're saved by healthy 30 year olds getting vaccinated? Secondly can you name one book banned in Florida? 

The moral failure of Biden’s State of the Union address

The president’s hyper-partisan address had more harsh words for Israel than Hamas, for whom he offered a floating pier.

He said not a word about the surge in antisemitism.

by JONATHAN S. TOBIN

In an age in which partisanship is greater than ever, opinions about the quality of the annual report by the president to the Congress—mandated by the U.S. Constitution—depends entirely on whether the listener shares the party affiliation of the person who lives in the White House.

That means that Democrats regarded President Joe Biden’s State of the Union address as feisty, truthful and showed that he was not too old to serve and exactly what the country needed to hear.

Republicans thought of it as angry, divisive, full of lies and wondered whether the 81-year-old had relied on some artificial help to get through the evening while speaking at a speed that was oddly faster than his usual pace.

From a Jewish perspective, regardless of whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, the best one can always hope for in a State of the Union is when Jews and Israel never get a mention. When that happens, it is a clear indication that American Jews are largely safe, and Israel is not involved in active conflict.

That is not the case in 2024. Biden’s speech therefore took on an added importance for those who care about Israel and the battle against antisemitism. And what he said—and didn’t say—spoke volumes about the dismal attitudes of his administration on each of those topics.

Regardless of whether you support the Democrats or the Republicans, with respect to Jewish interests, Biden’s State of the Union address was a disaster. While he deplored the Oct. 7 attacks on Israel and even invited relatives of the hostage families to be in the gallery of the U.S. House of Representatives for the speech, the fact that he went on to have more harsh words for the democratically elected government of Israel than the terrorists of Hamas was shocking.

So, too, was his unrealistic demand that Israel could wage a justified war against the Islamists without harming the Palestinians Hamas hides behind. And his demand that Israel accede to a Palestinian state at the end of the war is not only immoral, it will grant a reward to the terrorists and undermine U.S. interests in the region.

His plans to deploy U.S. troops and resources to create a floating harbor to facilitate the delivery of aid to Gaza was an ill-thought-out idea that will likely do far more to help Hamas, which is certain to steal most of the supplies that the Americans will deliver unless Biden foolishly breaks his promise and U.S. troops do land in the Strip

Worst of all, the president had not a single word to say about the unprecedented surge of antisemitism sweeping through America, driven by his erstwhile intersectional allies on the left-wing of his party.

https://www.jns.org/the-moral-failure-of-bidens-state-of-the-union-address/

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Mup, I’ll jump in here.  I agree with you that there are larger problems than a confused old man screwed up the name of a young lady who’s horrific murder resulted, in part, from the failures of his administration, and administrations past. 
On the other hand, that’s the way the game is played, and he’s been a key player for decades.  He didn’t care enough to commit the name to memory, didn’t care enough to think of her family and the pain it would cause them, or lacked the ability to retain it.  

Biden was very, very effective as the Scranton tough guy back in the day.  His famous “Malarkey” and challenging people to push up contests.  One of the funnier things has been to watch rush to his defense as he can no longer handle himself.

Bottom line—he &$#@ed it up, will be called on it.  He’d be first in line if it was someone else. 

I quoted the last line because I KNOW it's true amigo. It is a never ending battle one against the other.  I'm a lover not a fighter.

And any pervs reading that wrong you are absolutely right. I can almost Guarantee my freak number is higher than yours OR Joe Bidens... I won't go into those kinds of practices. Now Im blushing

LMAO

my default is humor,  I am who I am.  I'll shut up and  on that segueway Carry on 🙂 He' knows  Im kidding 🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

Joe Biden's Upper Wears Off, Leading to an Absolutely Disastrous Appearance in PA

Many have speculated that Joe Biden was hopped up on something during Thursday's State of the Union. Whatever stimulation he received before taking the podium, it wasn't enough to stop him from calling Laken Riley by the wrong name and proclaiming that women have "electrical power," among other flubs.

Somehow, things managed to get much worse on Friday. After an ill-advised impromptu presser on the tarmac of Joint Base Andrews, the president traveled to Pennsylvania for a campaign rally. Let's just say the upper wore off, leading to perhaps his most senile speech yet.

Watching that, all I can do is let out a long, slow sigh. 

We aren't done yet, though. Strap in because when I say this may be a new high-water mark for Biden's senility, I plan to provide evidence of that. 

The only thing I can figure is that Biden's handlers got cocky after his moderately coherent (but still hamfisted and mistake-filled) speech the night before. That was a mistake because whatever his supporters claim he "proved" during the State of the Union about his mental acuity, that was all reversed during this appearance. I'm sure he'll manage to one-up himself soon enough, but man was it a testament to just how far gone Biden i

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2024/03/08/joe-bidens-upper-wears-off-leading-to-an-absolutely-disastrous-appearance-in-pa-n2171136

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

It was not novel, the US government had been studying it for years at the Wuhan laboratory. But two questions, how many lives to think we're saved by healthy 30 year olds getting vaccinated? Secondly can you name one book banned in Florida? 

from 2020-23 27000 us citizens under 30 DIED from covid.  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge Is that enough for you?  Countless others transmitted the virus to the vulnerable.  The concept of herd immunity is above your capacity.  What is your threshold for lives saved to compel you to take the vaccine?  I suspect there isn't one.  Selfish and ignorant is a bad combo.  Banned books can be found on a simple search.  IIRC they include steinbeck and Hemingway as well as the Diary of Ann Frank. Your conspiracy assertion that the virus was not novel deserves no reply.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

What an utter scumbag Bi-dumb is.

I thought the SOTU was to update the American citizens on policy, not yell the entire time with vile and hatred towards said citizens.

Some unifier in chief.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, njbuff said:

What an utter scumbag Bi-dumb is.

I thought the SOTU was to update the American citizens on policy, not yell the entire time with vile and hatred towards said citizens.

Some unifier in chief.

Yet, the GOP is running the only candidate from their field who could possibly lose to "Bi-Dumb", and he's s just as old, and just as polarizing.

I'm so glad both parties have the good of the country at heart. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

from 2020-23 27000 us citizens DIED from covid.  https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#SexAndAge Is that enough for you?  Countless others transmitted the virus to the vulnerable.  The concept of herd immunity is above your capacity.  What is your threshold for lives saved to compel you to take the vaccine?  I suspect there isn't one.  Selfish and ignorant is a bad combo.  Banned books can be found on a simple search.  IIRC they include steinbeck and Hemingway as well as the Diary of Ann Frank. Your conspiracy assertion that the virus was not novel deserves no reply.

I can get Hemingway and Anne Frank from my local library so you are lying about the book ban, i appreciate that you don't want to discuss the fact that the vaccine did nothing to protect the young and healthy beyond what their own immune system already provided, as intelligent people thought  in March of 2020 and knew with certainly by August of 2020. It is still a conspiracy that the US funded gain of function research in Wuhan on a Sars virus? You must have missed a ton of news over the past few years

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

SARS-CoV-2 was absolutely a novel virus....created in a laboratory. 

Maybe ole Quack MD should ask his virology colleagues about the furin cleavage site in the RBD of the spike protein. 

:lol:

Edited by BillsFanNC

41 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I can get Hemingway and Anne Frank from my local library so you are lying about the book ban, i appreciate that you don't want to discuss the fact that the vaccine did nothing to protect the young and healthy beyond what their own immune system already provided, as intelligent people thought  in March of 2020 and knew with certainly by August of 2020. It is still a conspiracy that the US funded gain of function research in Wuhan on a Sars virus? You must have missed a ton of news over the past few years

You can.  Kids in some schools can’t. And since you’re so current with the Covid literature, link some studies to support your claims. Native immune systems failed for nearly 30000 dead people under 30 in the US alone. It did nothing to stop under 30,s from being reservoirs. Of course, that’s about caring for other people. It’s clearly a foreign concept to you. 

24 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

SARS-CoV-2 was absolutely a novel virus....created in a laboratory. 

Maybe ole Quack MD should ask his virology colleagues about the furin cleavage site in the RBD of the spike protein. 

:lol:

More conspiracy theories. Try reading some peer reviewed scientific articles before you draw conclusions. If this stuff was easy, even morons like you would understand 

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2211107119

25 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

You can.  Kids in some schools can’t. And since you’re so current with the Covid literature, link some studies to support your claims. Native immune systems failed for nearly 30000 dead people under 30 in the US alone. It did nothing to stop under 30,s from being reservoirs. Of course, that’s about caring for other people. It’s clearly a foreign concept to you. 

My concern will always be for kids over adults, yours is the opposite. Also your 30k number is not from COVID since the total since 2020 of COVID deaths under 30 still has not hit 10k in total.

The lib freaks are here  need to realize that the only things that matter are  your immediate family and your health.  Who GAF about what others think of you or what they do as long as it doesn't affect you.

On 3/8/2024 at 8:36 AM, Doc said:

There's some evidence Trump is slipping.  But nowhere near as much as with Biden.  

Riveting choices in 2024.

• Like (+1) 1

GILVevZWwAA2I4h?format=jpg&name=small

Democrats Point to Polling After SOTU,

but Here's Why It's Bad for Biden and They're Deluding Themselves

By Nick Arama

FTA:

Not only that, but viewers' opinion of Biden is continuing to go down; this is his worst one yet. 

So this isn't exactly something to brag about.

This was a speech to try to convince the base to hang in there with him and not swap him out. 

If they deluded themselves into thinking that, there isn't a new younger version of Joe coming.

There's only so much you can do to pump him up; it's not a sustainable thing over a long period of time. 

They may have just cooked themselves by convincing enough of the base to keep him in. In which case, keep right on going. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2024/03/09/biden-polling-sotu-n2171148

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@Joe Ferguson forever I am truly curious what stance you have ever taken in regards to COVID that was driven by concern for the young people? I know your concern for 70+ year olds is outstanding but I accepted shutting down schools for several months and did both online and face to face school at the same time for a while year to help out old folks, but what stance have you had that was not basically  screw the kids.

11 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d70l3l50n73j7tvx7js1

• Like (+1) 1