State of the Union Address 2024.

Let's see how Uncle Joe does next week.

His pharmacy team certainly has a challenge for themselves.

Meanwhile, as contrast.

Republican rising star Katie Britt to deliver the GOP response to Biden's State
of the Union address next week in her first national introduction to Americans

by Morgan Phillips

Freshman Alabama Sen. Katie Britt has been chosen by Republicans to deliver the rebuttal to President Biden's State of the Union address next week. The GOP's rising star won her Senate seat in 2022 after serving as a long-time staffer of outgoing Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby. Britt is the first woman to hold an Alabama Senate seat and at 42, the youngest Republican woman to be elected to the Senate. Trump had endorsed Britt in her 2022 primary after flipping on former Rep. Mo Brooks, who he'd first endorsed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13142727/katie-britt-republican-state-union-rebuttal.html

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Joe certainly won't discuss the huge amount of "Lawfare" being used in America today in his SOTU address,

(Unless, of course, he warns of Republicans using it when they regain power in November)  :flirt:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Biden readies for a high-stakes State of the Union amid tight reelection race

WashingtonCNN — 

President Joe Biden is expected to huddle with his senior advisers at Camp David in the coming days to fine tune and rehearse his State of the Union address, a high-stakes moment as he looks to convince voters to give him a second term in the White House.

Biden and his team are drafting a speech heavy on economic populism, aides said, with calls for higher taxes on corporations and the wealthy – an attempt to draw a sharp contrast with Republicans and their likely presidential nominee, Donald Trump.

Biden will also push for lowering health care costs and discuss his efforts to go after drug manufacturers to lower the cost of prescription medications — all issues his advisers believe can help buoy what have been sagging economic approval ratings.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/01/politics/biden-state-of-the-union-prep/index.html

Soooooo,

The same thing he has been campaigning on for the last 50 years.  

Good thinking.

:flirt:

• Like (+1) 2

The post-SOTU talking points for the networks have been leaked:

”The empathizer-in-chief showed he was in command, spoke forcefully about how our democracy is at stake, and largely allayed fears about his age being an issue”. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Biden and his team are drafting a speech heavy on economic populism, aides said, with calls for higher taxes on corporations and the wealthy – an attempt to draw a sharp contrast with Republicans and their likely presidential nominee, Donald Trump.

Biden will also push for lowering health care costs and discuss his efforts to go after drug manufacturers to lower the cost of prescription medications — all issues his advisers believe can help buoy what have been sagging economic approval ratings.

The big boys have ways out of those taxes.  The majority of corporations won't.  

Bet it ends up being mostly "trump bad", "trump supporters bad".  

• Agree 2

On 3/1/2024 at 7:07 AM, B-Man said:

Let's see how Uncle Joe does next week.

His pharmacy team certainly has a challenge for themselves.

Meanwhile, as contrast.

Republican rising star Katie Britt to deliver the GOP response to Biden's State
of the Union address next week in her first national introduction to Americans

by Morgan Phillips

Freshman Alabama Sen. Katie Britt has been chosen by Republicans to deliver the rebuttal to President Biden's State of the Union address next week. The GOP's rising star won her Senate seat in 2022 after serving as a long-time staffer of outgoing Alabama Sen. Richard Shelby. Britt is the first woman to hold an Alabama Senate seat and at 42, the youngest Republican woman to be elected to the Senate. Trump had endorsed Britt in her 2022 primary after flipping on former Rep. Mo Brooks, who he'd first endorsed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13142727/katie-britt-republican-state-union-rebuttal.html

Republican rising star, huh

Let’s hope that her star shines brighter than green and Bobbert

Everything But the Skirt — WaPo and NY Times in Helpful Cheerleader Mode for Biden's SOTU

STEPHEN KRUISER

There is a popular game on social media lately that asks people to explain that they are something without mentioning the something. I'll use "went to high school in the '70s" as an example.

"Tell me you went to high school in the '70s without telling me that you went to high school in the '70s."

I would then respond with something like a picture of me in a powder blue prom tux that had lapels you could land a 747 on. 

The Democrats' flying monkeys in the mainstream media are currently acting like the respondents in a version of the game that starts with, "Tell me the idiot president you're propping up is senile without telling me that the idiot president you're propping up is senile."

President LOLEightyonemillion's handlers are busy this week trying to get him ready for an extended reunion with his former best friend, Tel E. Prompter, as they gear up for the State of the Union address. Like almost every American outside of the Swamp, I would much prefer that we go old school and go back to having the SOTU be a written address that's delivered by hand. Instead, we're stuck with what amounts to a talking points awards show for the party that has the White House at the time. 

The 2023 SOTU was probably the last time that Biden's medical team was able to hit the sweet spot with his dosage of public appearance uppers. He was able to appear lifelike for over an hour and read the 'prompter like someone who at least studied a little in school when he wasn't plagiarizing. 

It's a tall order for them to pull that off again. In the past year, Biden's coherence shelf life during public appearances has been constantly revised downward. There aren't that many minutes before he lapses into the slurring gibberish that has practically become his native tongue. The sequel to 2023 is going to be "Grease 2," not "Godfather Part II." 

There have been so many "Rah, rah, Joe!" offerings in the MSM recently that I can almost hear pom-poms shaking in the background when I read The New York Times or The Washington Post. Even when the articles do offer some kernels of unavoidable truth about the desiccated-husk-in-chief, those kernels are couched in oniony layers of delusion. 

A prime example is this article in the Times that interviews some of Joe Biden's "superfans." The writers — it took more than one to hunt down these people — admit that the superfans group is not a big one. They then rattle off every boondoggle piece of legislation that's been passed since Biden has been in office and unquestioningly treat it all as policy brilliance. 

https://pjmedia.com/stephen-kruiser/2024/03/04/everything-but-the-skirt-wapo-and-ny-times-in-helpful-cheerleader-mode-for-bidens-sotu-n4926985

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Republicans now believe in killing babies too, from the little persons in the test tubes straight up to the 15 week olds!

Which is 25 weeks less than many liberal/progressive voters, and 25 weeks and 30 mins +\-  less than really progressive progressive folk like a Ralph Northam. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Which is 25 weeks less than many liberal/progressive voters, and 25 weeks and 30 mins +\-  less than really progressive progressive folk like a Ralph Northam. 

So I guess life doesn't necessarily begin at conception, Mr. Speaker, provided that enough of your kind of voters would like to have an IVF baby?

On 3/3/2024 at 9:01 PM, Big Blitz said:

What do Democrats even believe in anymore besides killing babies?

Has any one showed this video to Chuck ?? The man can change direction in a heart beat .

Or maybe they can show the clip of Obama to Mayorkas because i don't think Joe will remember Obama saying that he's slept since then .

Edited by T master
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

So I guess life doesn't necessarily begin at conception, Mr. Speaker, provided that enough of your kind of voters would like to have an IVF baby?

Congrats on finding the unicorn, Francis, a politician susceptible to allegations of hypocrisy. 

Be that as it may, speaking only for me--benefits conferred upon a single mother/IVF patient (conservative, liberal, independent, agnostic)  are less of an issue for me than, say, rending a baby, in utero at 37 weeks.  Or 32. 25. 35. 20. 18. 40.  And so on.  

They are all done with Covid and back to paying off student loans, applying to college, and trying to buy cars or homes.  

People like me are explaining to them why “15 days to slow the spread” derailed their lives for the next decade plus and the people in charge did not care because Orange Man Bad.  

They don’t really teach economics or the constitution in schools anymore.  Let alone virtually.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

I can't wait to see Biden's Hate of the Union message.

Here are some things to look for:

Brainwashing Words: Chaos, extreme, darkness, existential Trump threat, dictator.

Hoax highlights: Insurrection Hoax, Fine People Hoax, Border is closed hoax, Putin puppet hoax, and more.

MSNBC Coverage: Breathless praise

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Brainwashing Words: Chaos, extreme, darkness, existential Trump threat, dictator.

Hoax highlights: Insurrection Hoax, Fine People Hoax, Border is closed hoax, Putin puppet hoax, and more.

Here is how it will go. The drooling vegetable will struggle to read off the teleprompter and just mumble some meaningless word salad. The sheep will applaud like it is the most intelligent thing that was ever said. Anyone with a brain will laugh at him as he nothing more than a pathetic joke. I personally take a 3-stooges episode more seriously than I would any speech made by this senile dumb f***.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Bonnie, is that you?

The cult is panicked.

lmao

2 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

You're actually going to waste your time watching that crap?

• Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

The grift never stops.

Pay up biches!

You may not like Trump, but Biden has been a complete failure. Letting in all of these illegals many who are criminals who are attacking and even killing decent Americans is pissing people off. Nobody including many Dems likes Harris. Let's be honest. A vote for Joey is really a vote for her since the chances of Joey surviving a 2nd term are slim. 

16 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You may not like Trump, but Biden has been a complete failure. Letting in all of these illegals many who are criminals who are attacking and even killing decent Americans is pissing people off. Nobody including many Dems likes Harris. Let's be honest. A vote for Joey is really a vote for her since the chances of Joey surviving a 2nd term are slim. 

They don't care.  They just want a D in Office, no matter how incompetent.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

They don't care.  They just want a D in Office, no matter how incompetent.

The extreme left definitely. But the more moderate Dems who are closer to the center, same for the moderate Republicans are tired of the extreme right/left. I know a few Dems co-workers mostly who said they will not vote for Biden. I am sure there are a lot of Dems who feel the same way after these last 4 years.

• Agree 1