State of the Union Address 2024.

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The SOTU last night represents America right now.  A divided, angry circus. 

One side didn't try to overturn an election, storm the capitol and threaten civil war.....we're not going to kiss and make up.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

One side didn't try to overturn an election, storm the capitol and threaten civil war.....we're not going to kiss and make up.

Feeling is mutual.

The country is well beyond any attempt to heal. 

Just don’t ask us to get over how cowardly and authoritative you acted during the pandemic. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

"Wait, there are mics and other people who might overhear in this room full of people and reporters?"

Obviously staged to "leak" in order to make him look tough on Israel and mollify the pro-hamas crowd in the Dem party.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Feeling is mutual.

Just don’t ask us to get over how cowardly and authoritative you acted during the pandemic. 

sure, I was cowardly taking care of covid patients some of whom were dying and filling up every ICU bed when there was no treatment or vaccine...How'd you spend the pandemic?  How many do you think died from covid?  Did you help or hurt the vulnerable?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

sure, I was cowardly taking care of covid patients some of whom were dying and filling up every ICU bed when there was no treatment or vaccine...How'd you spend the pandemic?  How many do you think died from covid?  Did you help or hurt the vulnerable?

Half of my family is also in medicine.  

How did I spend the pandemic?  

Keeping my employees employed - luckily in a red state now. 

Hearing how hospitals were issuing Orwellian directives to doctors and np’s over how they were allowed to discuss covid treatment with patients. 

Watching my niece and nephew get kept out of school in their formative years - until Brian Kemp gave them the opportunity so many children in blue states lost. 

Watching my brother, a healthy man in his mid 30’s, he forced to lose his income stream or get vaxxed due to Biden federal mandate.   Then see him end up in the hospital with heart issues days after he gave in to the mandate.  

Watched friends back in NY lose their livelihoods, lose their business, lose their careers due to a blue state that refused to let up on its authoritarian instincts to help their citizens. 

No mention from the CDC about exercising, eating healthy, taking vitamins C, D and Zinc.   We were offered donuts and fast food coupons for vaccines and forced to live sedentary lives amidst a virus that preys on those who live that lifestyle. 

We now have record distrust in those who practice your profession. Record distrust in the institutions meant to protect us from disease.  But I’m sure that’s an “us” problem .. not a “you” problem. 

You’re in medicine?  Yet double down on the actions we witnessed during that time period?  No remorse?  

Shameful. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Gosh, if only Trump did his job.

The father of the vaccines can catch all this smoke too … but at least he slowed down the initial wave by blocking travel from countries that your side cried xenophobia over. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Half of my family is also in medicine.  

How did I spend the pandemic?  

Keeping my employees employed - luckily in a red state now. 

Hearing how hospitals were issuing Orwellian directives to doctors and np’s over how they were allowed to discuss covid treatment with patients. 

Watching my niece and nephew get kept out of school in their formative years - until Brian Kemp gave them the opportunity so many children in blue states lost. 

Watching my brother, a healthy man in his mid 30’s, he forced to lose his income stream or get vaxxed due to Biden federal mandate.   Then see him end up in the hospital with heart issues days after he gave in to the mandate.  

Watched friends back in NY lose their livelihoods, lose their business, lose their careers due to a blue state that refused to let up on its authoritarian instincts to help their citizens. 

No mention from the CDC about exercising, eating healthy, taking vitamins C, D and Zinc.   We were offered donuts and fast food coupons for vaccines and forced to live sedentary lives amidst a virus that preys on those who live that lifestyle. 

You’re in medicine?  Yet double down on the actions we witnessed during that time period?  No remorse?  

Shameful. 

remorse?  for what?  doing our best to keep people alive in the face of a novel killer virus?  The vaccines work.  Masks help.  Social distancing helped.  Telling people that hcq worked or that natural immunity was the answer are things to be remorseful about.  no remorse except for patients and families.  btw, the worst of the pandemic happened on trump's watch.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

remorse?  for what?  doing our best to keep people alive in the face of a novel killer virus?  The vaccines work.  Masks help.  Social distancing helped.  Telling people that hcq worked or that natural immunity was the answer are things to be remorseful about.  no remorse except for patients and families.  btw, the worst of the pandemic happened on trump's watch.

Im not even anti-vax.  It made sense for some people.  Not all.

Locking down & Masking, whatever. For the first month or so, we didn’t know what we were dealing with.  

It then became very apparent to a lot of us that more harm was being done than good.   

Yet y’all kept pushing for it.  Demanding it. Hurting everyone around you because of your own fear. 

Keeping kids out of school because adults were scared.  

Forcing vaccines on people who didn’t need it because adults were scared. 

Forcing masks on children in their formative years because adults were scared. 

Keeping businesses locked down because adults were scared.  

All after it became apparent that masks don’t work, lockdowns were harmful and the vaccine did not work as sold to us. 

….and when the next emergency comes about, y’all will react the same way.  Because it’s in your nature.  It’s who you are.  It’s weakness.  

And your political party depends on that weakness.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Hurting everyone around you because of your own fear. 

so fearful that Dr's and nurses and respiratory therapist worked without PPE for months (another trump screw up) around infected people coughing on them  F U.

The vax worked great.  Masks do help -overwhelming supported by the literature and nearly every country in the world imposed lockdowns.  You think China wanted to damage their economy for no good reason?  They were much stricter than us.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Westside said:

It’s funny how I never seen you admonish biden with his obvious dementia yet you point out one time he made a slip of the tongue. Which , coming from you I don’t believe at all. You are the definition of hypocrite.

I question anyone's cognitive ability who refers to Biden's "obvious dementia."  You obviously are a Trump cult member who watches right wing media without forming an opinion by any real observation.  Or you have dementia.  I can't diagnose you from afar, just like you, Mr. Hypocrite, can't diagnose Biden from the rock you are living under.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

so fearful that Dr's and nurses and respiratory therapist worked without PPE for months (another trump screw up) around infected people coughing on them  F U.

The vax worked great.  Masks do help -overwhelming supported by the literature and nearly every country in the world imposed lockdowns.  You think China wanted to damage their economy for no good reason?  They were much stricter than us.

Yea.. those flimsy masks that the public were wearing.  So necessary.  

You’re talking about single use fitted N95 masks that were never a credible solution for the general public. 

We were told vaccines were 100% safe, effective and stopped transmission.  That’s a lie. 

Again, for some people, the vax made sense.  Not for all.. and it’s insane that this had to be debated. 

You’re seriously arguing lockdown effectiveness in the Year 2024?… after all we now know?  Because, of course you are …. Cowardice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Far too often you sound like you never practiced medicine at all. "Filling up every ICU bed" is a line from a politician not a doctor- ICU is made to flex and few places ran out of beds. NYC ask for and received the floating hospitals and barely used them. In Orlando they shut down non vital services but COVID never overran any hospital in central Florida , though the loval media did lie about it a couple of times and then "correct" themselves a few days later.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Far too often you sound like you never practiced medicine at all. "Filling up every ICU bed" is a line from a politician not a doctor- ICU is made to flex and few places ran out of beds. NYC ask for and received the floating hospitals and barely used them. In Orlando they shut down non vital services but COVID never overran any hospital in central Florida , though the loval media did lie about it a couple of times and then "correct" themselves a few days later.

Oh Tim...

‘We are in a state of emergency’: Orlando surgeon says hospitals overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients

Central Florida hospital capacities pushed to their limits by new COVID cases

Florida hospitals, overwhelmed with COVID, describe nursing shortage, financial hits

Life was WORSE four years ago.

73052f5a-317f-4f1f-9fd4-013e478be2f7-hos

79ec4f34-4774-4401-81f2-9bb271cdba67-Fon

7da14e16-ae2a-439c-b633-a974c6a84abd-1st

5d65ecbd-c7da-4780-b21d-99614307b1f6-xra

05393143-1726-49f5-b491-625eafb241ed-1st

c6cbb96d-5fa7-439e-829c-63e2ac60fd3a-1st

3fd0cb1d-4a2e-4a89-b783-d1a8799948ae-2nd

22f1b76b-b6de-4ec1-8a0e-8490ad58c49a-2nd

71e3aed5-df61-4fb4-b313-87107ee74f37-3rd

b67d7174-f263-4cfc-9af8-662d59fe9329-New

e58d8ce5-9fe8-4aae-86a9-3604733627db-002

1c510d8a-fb42-4da6-8f48-62fc07afa699-003

a0c46ec9-9bda-4774-a265-d407c31e4b9b-009

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

You’re seriously arguing lockdown effectiveness in the Year 2024?… after all we now know?

What do you know that I don't? pls link since I don't find a ton of literature.  What's there confirm the positive effects of lockdown such as the studies here:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10134731/#:~:text=Their results show that ockdowns,characterized by high economic costs.   Most recent I found was from the province of Nova Scotia last year.  Also positive results on transmission, hospitalizations, death

• Haha (+1) 2