State of the Union Address 2024.

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

What is "Nimbra?" Her name is pronounced exactly how it's spelled - Nim-ahh-RA-ta. Sound it out. Presumably you think "Nimbra" was meant as an insult, but I have no idea who or what a "Nimbra" is (I know what a "Nimrod" is, but he didn't call her that), so it makes no sense as an insult.

Whatever. Is the point that Biden is old and mangles names? Gotcha. Is the point that he wasn't practicing saying her name over and over again like a mantra until it is burned into his two remaining neurons? I don't see why that's relevant. Is it that her name wasn't mentioned in the prepared text? Yeah, that would be a valid point. So make it.

Say Their Names about all the non-George Floyd victims of unjustified police shootings. Other than Breanna and George, I doubt you can come up with one. Let's stop these silly games.

Just saying that that is confusing too. Maybe (probably) immigration law should be simpler. Legal or illegal, no gray area.

But that Venezuelan killer was in a gray area - authorized to come in and stay, but without valid immigrant or nonimmigrant status.

Back in the Reagan amnesty days there was an awful bureaucratic acronym: PRUCOL. For "permanently residing under color of law."

Yeah, it's really messy. And it is fair to blame Biden for allowing it to get even messier. Irv himself would recoil in horror at the mess. 

You talk about playing silly games as you are going off in the weeds and walking down the non-sequitur path talking about George Floyd and Nikki Haley.  I think I'll just call you "Lincoln" from now on.

• Haha (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, phypon said:

And the lefts biggest critique on this very topic is that he used the work "illegal" instead of "undocumented".  Yeah, call the rest of us crazy because we expect a bit of respect for a young, brutally murdered, woman and we expect him to at least get her name right.

yeah, it's not like as president, he threw out juvenile insults to political enemies and judges.  Or purposely mispronounced the VP's name....

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

And when did Trumpies get all worked up about the silly "say her name" thing? I thought that came from the other side.

They goaded him to say it. He took their sticky thing and said it, stumbled over it, but said it. Get over it.

There's nothing for me to get over, Frank.  You brought your thoughts on the burden of Biden having to unravel the DaVinci code of names to me.  

I'll go back to my initial point, which is that his flubbing of the name of a young lady he doesn't care about, who's death he likely viewed only as politically inconvenient for him, and who won't give a thought about moving forward is indicative of the dog and pony show these things are.  That crosses the political spectrum, and for all those R politicians complicit in the clusterf*ck that is the southern border, they are doing the same thing.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

The evidence is there if you watch his speeches . Obviously whatever you are watching, reading, or listening to has sanitizing what he's been saying. Just last week in the middle of a sentence he started slurring incoherently talking gibberish. So you need to expand your news sources and stop saying someone is lying when they are telling the truth.   How about this for evidence: in the Carroll deposition he looked at a photo of himself, Ivana, Carroll and her husband  at the time and claimed Carroll was Marla Maples, his ex wife. You probably never saw that in your sanitized world.

It’s funny how I never seen you admonish biden with his obvious dementia yet you point out one time he made a slip of the tongue. Which , coming from you I don’t believe at all. You are the definition of hypocrite.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

:flirt:

That part is true.

He clearly viewed it as an 81 year old's marathon. He was gonna linger in the aisle as long as possible, before and after the speech, and then deliver the speech itself at 90 db.

Hey, even when you're reading it's hard to do that for over an hour. So he passed that test, which even his critics concede when they are saying he was amped up on stimulants. I used to say that every time Gronk caught a pass, but we still kept losing to them.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

That part is true.

He clearly viewed it as an 81 year old's marathon. He was gonna linger in the aisle as long as possible, before and after the speech, and then deliver the speech itself at 90 db.

Hey, even when you're reading it's hard to do that for over an hour. So he passed that test, which even his critics concede when they are saying he was amped up on stimulants. I used to say that every time Gronk caught a pass, but we still kept losing to them.

Do you think his fiery demeanor while giving the speech was natural?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Westside said:

Do you think his fiery demeanor while giving the speech was natural?

"Natural?" Well, I think he set about being aggressive, loud, "fiery" to combat all those "sleepy Joe" memes. I see no reason to say he was on amphetamines or anything like that. Maybe a little too much caffeine for the old man at night.

I haven't jumped on the "Dr Ronny fed Trump amphetamines" silliness either. They are both career loudmouths. I doubt Biden could do this several times a week, but once or twice a year? Yeah. It wasn't polished either, just loud and aggressive.

43 minutes ago, phypon said:

You know better than this.  I know you do.  I bet you retain many names of football players that have names that you've never heard of and don't have friends with the same names.  You remember their names because they are good/great players.  When you have a major issue that has polarized the country for the last couple of weeks I know you would get her name, LAKEN, correct.  You know better than this.  Don't devolve into, "but, but, but...it's not on the most popular name list of people with social security numbers in the last "x" years..."  Give me a break.  Be better.  I don't disagree with everything you say.  Find some common ground on this one...

I agree with this.  I think Frank is a very good poster, but this was not his finest work. 

A few years ago, I was introduced in a professional setting to a lady with three children.   She directed her boys to say hello to me, and said "This is Crayden...this is Brayden....and this is Greg.".   I was able to recall each name, and address each lad by his name, even while wondering how the **** she came up with Greg.  Unorthodox af if you ask me. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

"Natural?" Well, I think he set about being aggressive, loud, "fiery" to combat all those "sleepy Joe" memes. I see no reason to say he was on amphetamines or anything like that. Maybe a little too much caffeine for the old man at night.

I haven't jumped on the "Dr Ronny fed Trump amphetamines" silliness either. They are both career loudmouths. I doubt Biden could do this several times a week, but once or twice a year? Yeah. It wasn't polished either, just loud and aggressive.

I agree, it was loud and very aggressive. It wax the rantings of a man suffering from dementia. I get no pleasure watching that. It actually makes me sad. 
He is not fit to be president. A real leader would try to unite the country, not spew forth hatred and division against his own citizens. 

I honestly would like to know if you thought that speech united the country? You obviously know my feelings about it but I really am interested in your opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, phypon said:

You talk about playing silly games as you are going off in the weeds and walking down the non-sequitur path talking about George Floyd and Nikki Haley.  I think I'll just call you "Lincoln" from now on.

George, 311 on the Social Security "Names with gumption!" list.

Nikki, 37. 

Sidebar:

Floyd, 718. 

Haley, Heighleigh, Haylay and all other iterations, 26. 

On the bright side, I now know a Lincoln, if only virtually!  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Gerizoppious Konstatovichstein is an unorthodox name.  "Laken" and "Riley"  would seem to be a walk in the park in a speech by the President to the nation.  Complete d-baggery. 

It was a spell...

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Westside said:

I agree, it was loud and very aggressive. It wax the rantings of a man suffering from dementia. I get no pleasure watching that. It actually makes me sad. 
He is not fit to be president. A real leader would try to unite the country, not spew forth hatred and division against his own citizens. 

I honestly would like to know if you thought that speech united the country? You obviously know my feelings about it but I really am interested in your opinion.

Of course it didn't "unite the country." The last times we saw the country united:

- 2008, after Obama's first election

- 2001, after Bush's 9/11 megaphone speech at the Twin Towers site

Angry old man > Senile old man. He cleared the bar. He held it together although the rapid fire thing caused him to mess up his words more than once. That's all he cared about. He's right: he's in a much better position this morning than he was yesterday morning.

• Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Of course it didn't "unite the country." The last times we saw the country united:

Angry old man > Senile old man. He cleared the bar. He held it together although the rapid fire thing caused him to mess up his words more than once. That's all he cared about. He's right: he's in a much better position this morning than he was yesterday morning.

The only ones saying that are the "always blue" that would vote for whoever is dnc.  

Like fans after a loss trying to boast about having the most   rushing yards.  Even though they lost by 21.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

And when did Trumpies get all worked up about the silly "say her name" thing? I thought that came from the other side.

They goaded him to say it. He took their sticky thing and said it, stumbled over it, but said it. Get over it.

As you described the old boy some time ago - he’s cute and harmless. 

good heavens

• Haha (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think your opinion and the rest of the country’s opinion are completely opposite.

He looked anything but competent.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The only ones saying that are the "always blue" that would vote for whoever is dnc.  

Like fans after a loss trying to boast about having the most   rushing yards.  Even though they lost by 21.

Nope polls of independents showed an increase in confidence of Biden   I think it was 18%. And I agree with Frank. Uniting the country is a fools errand. Do you think you and I could ever agree on any political issue?

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

This is going to be so exhausting. 

Biden is an angry, divisive old man being run by a hateful apparatus that knows their only chance of winning is to turn their half of the country against the other half of the country and pump the get-out-the-vote machine.   

They can’t do that based on anything this Administration has done, so it will be all about stoking fear and division. 

On the other side, we have an immature narcissist who isn’t at all serious about winning.  He says he is.  And maybe he means it.  But he’s too busy litigating 2020, taking credit for the vaccines and trolling people on his stupid app that nobody uses to put forth any coherent vision of what he would do to fix this country. 

Meanwhile, we have Supreme Court Justices being threatened by the President, pro-Hamas protesters blocking motorcades, a gold star father being arrested, leftist congresswomen wearing keffiyehs and right wing congress dressed as clowns.  

The SOTU last night represents America right now.  A divided, angry circus. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

The SOTU last night represents America right now.  A divided, angry circus. 

One side didn't try to overturn an election, storm the capitol and threaten civil war.....we're not going to kiss and make up.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

One side didn't try to overturn an election, storm the capitol and threaten civil war.....we're not going to kiss and make up.

Feeling is mutual.

The country is well beyond any attempt to heal. 

Just don’t ask us to get over how cowardly and authoritative you acted during the pandemic. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

"Wait, there are mics and other people who might overhear in this room full of people and reporters?"

Obviously staged to "leak" in order to make him look tough on Israel and mollify the pro-hamas crowd in the Dem party.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Feeling is mutual.

Just don’t ask us to get over how cowardly and authoritative you acted during the pandemic. 

sure, I was cowardly taking care of covid patients some of whom were dying and filling up every ICU bed when there was no treatment or vaccine...How'd you spend the pandemic?  How many do you think died from covid?  Did you help or hurt the vulnerable?

• Haha (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

sure, I was cowardly taking care of covid patients some of whom were dying and filling up every ICU bed when there was no treatment or vaccine...How'd you spend the pandemic?  How many do you think died from covid?  Did you help or hurt the vulnerable?

Half of my family is also in medicine.  

How did I spend the pandemic?  

Keeping my employees employed - luckily in a red state now. 

Hearing how hospitals were issuing Orwellian directives to doctors and np’s over how they were allowed to discuss covid treatment with patients. 

Watching my niece and nephew get kept out of school in their formative years - until Brian Kemp gave them the opportunity so many children in blue states lost. 

Watching my brother, a healthy man in his mid 30’s, he forced to lose his income stream or get vaxxed due to Biden federal mandate.   Then see him end up in the hospital with heart issues days after he gave in to the mandate.  

Watched friends back in NY lose their livelihoods, lose their business, lose their careers due to a blue state that refused to let up on its authoritarian instincts to help their citizens. 

No mention from the CDC about exercising, eating healthy, taking vitamins C, D and Zinc.   We were offered donuts and fast food coupons for vaccines and forced to live sedentary lives amidst a virus that preys on those who live that lifestyle. 

We now have record distrust in those who practice your profession. Record distrust in the institutions meant to protect us from disease.  But I’m sure that’s an “us” problem .. not a “you” problem. 

You’re in medicine?  Yet double down on the actions we witnessed during that time period?  No remorse?  

Shameful. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Gosh, if only Trump did his job.

The father of the vaccines can catch all this smoke too … but at least he slowed down the initial wave by blocking travel from countries that your side cried xenophobia over. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Half of my family is also in medicine.  

How did I spend the pandemic?  

Keeping my employees employed - luckily in a red state now. 

Hearing how hospitals were issuing Orwellian directives to doctors and np’s over how they were allowed to discuss covid treatment with patients. 

Watching my niece and nephew get kept out of school in their formative years - until Brian Kemp gave them the opportunity so many children in blue states lost. 

Watching my brother, a healthy man in his mid 30’s, he forced to lose his income stream or get vaxxed due to Biden federal mandate.   Then see him end up in the hospital with heart issues days after he gave in to the mandate.  

Watched friends back in NY lose their livelihoods, lose their business, lose their careers due to a blue state that refused to let up on its authoritarian instincts to help their citizens. 

No mention from the CDC about exercising, eating healthy, taking vitamins C, D and Zinc.   We were offered donuts and fast food coupons for vaccines and forced to live sedentary lives amidst a virus that preys on those who live that lifestyle. 

You’re in medicine?  Yet double down on the actions we witnessed during that time period?  No remorse?  

Shameful. 

remorse?  for what?  doing our best to keep people alive in the face of a novel killer virus?  The vaccines work.  Masks help.  Social distancing helped.  Telling people that hcq worked or that natural immunity was the answer are things to be remorseful about.  no remorse except for patients and families.  btw, the worst of the pandemic happened on trump's watch.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

remorse?  for what?  doing our best to keep people alive in the face of a novel killer virus?  The vaccines work.  Masks help.  Social distancing helped.  Telling people that hcq worked or that natural immunity was the answer are things to be remorseful about.  no remorse except for patients and families.  btw, the worst of the pandemic happened on trump's watch.

Im not even anti-vax.  It made sense for some people.  Not all.

Locking down & Masking, whatever. For the first month or so, we didn’t know what we were dealing with.  

It then became very apparent to a lot of us that more harm was being done than good.   

Yet y’all kept pushing for it.  Demanding it. Hurting everyone around you because of your own fear. 

Keeping kids out of school because adults were scared.  

Forcing vaccines on people who didn’t need it because adults were scared. 

Forcing masks on children in their formative years because adults were scared. 

Keeping businesses locked down because adults were scared.  

All after it became apparent that masks don’t work, lockdowns were harmful and the vaccine did not work as sold to us. 

….and when the next emergency comes about, y’all will react the same way.  Because it’s in your nature.  It’s who you are.  It’s weakness.  

And your political party depends on that weakness.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Hurting everyone around you because of your own fear. 

so fearful that Dr's and nurses and respiratory therapist worked without PPE for months (another trump screw up) around infected people coughing on them  F U.

The vax worked great.  Masks do help -overwhelming supported by the literature and nearly every country in the world imposed lockdowns.  You think China wanted to damage their economy for no good reason?  They were much stricter than us.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Westside said:

It’s funny how I never seen you admonish biden with his obvious dementia yet you point out one time he made a slip of the tongue. Which , coming from you I don’t believe at all. You are the definition of hypocrite.

I question anyone's cognitive ability who refers to Biden's "obvious dementia."  You obviously are a Trump cult member who watches right wing media without forming an opinion by any real observation.  Or you have dementia.  I can't diagnose you from afar, just like you, Mr. Hypocrite, can't diagnose Biden from the rock you are living under.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

so fearful that Dr's and nurses and respiratory therapist worked without PPE for months (another trump screw up) around infected people coughing on them  F U.

The vax worked great.  Masks do help -overwhelming supported by the literature and nearly every country in the world imposed lockdowns.  You think China wanted to damage their economy for no good reason?  They were much stricter than us.

Yea.. those flimsy masks that the public were wearing.  So necessary.  

You’re talking about single use fitted N95 masks that were never a credible solution for the general public. 

We were told vaccines were 100% safe, effective and stopped transmission.  That’s a lie. 

Again, for some people, the vax made sense.  Not for all.. and it’s insane that this had to be debated. 

You’re seriously arguing lockdown effectiveness in the Year 2024?… after all we now know?  Because, of course you are …. Cowardice. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Far too often you sound like you never practiced medicine at all. "Filling up every ICU bed" is a line from a politician not a doctor- ICU is made to flex and few places ran out of beds. NYC ask for and received the floating hospitals and barely used them. In Orlando they shut down non vital services but COVID never overran any hospital in central Florida , though the loval media did lie about it a couple of times and then "correct" themselves a few days later.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Far too often you sound like you never practiced medicine at all. "Filling up every ICU bed" is a line from a politician not a doctor- ICU is made to flex and few places ran out of beds. NYC ask for and received the floating hospitals and barely used them. In Orlando they shut down non vital services but COVID never overran any hospital in central Florida , though the loval media did lie about it a couple of times and then "correct" themselves a few days later.

Oh Tim...

‘We are in a state of emergency’: Orlando surgeon says hospitals overwhelmed with COVID-19 patients

Central Florida hospital capacities pushed to their limits by new COVID cases

Florida hospitals, overwhelmed with COVID, describe nursing shortage, financial hits

Life was WORSE four years ago.

73052f5a-317f-4f1f-9fd4-013e478be2f7-hos

79ec4f34-4774-4401-81f2-9bb271cdba67-Fon

7da14e16-ae2a-439c-b633-a974c6a84abd-1st

5d65ecbd-c7da-4780-b21d-99614307b1f6-xra

05393143-1726-49f5-b491-625eafb241ed-1st

c6cbb96d-5fa7-439e-829c-63e2ac60fd3a-1st

3fd0cb1d-4a2e-4a89-b783-d1a8799948ae-2nd

22f1b76b-b6de-4ec1-8a0e-8490ad58c49a-2nd

71e3aed5-df61-4fb4-b313-87107ee74f37-3rd

b67d7174-f263-4cfc-9af8-662d59fe9329-New

e58d8ce5-9fe8-4aae-86a9-3604733627db-002

1c510d8a-fb42-4da6-8f48-62fc07afa699-003

a0c46ec9-9bda-4774-a265-d407c31e4b9b-009

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

You’re seriously arguing lockdown effectiveness in the Year 2024?… after all we now know?

What do you know that I don't? pls link since I don't find a ton of literature.  What's there confirm the positive effects of lockdown such as the studies here:  https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10134731/#:~:text=Their results show that ockdowns,characterized by high economic costs.   Most recent I found was from the province of Nova Scotia last year.  Also positive results on transmission, hospitalizations, death

• Haha (+1) 2