Which QB Will Win Their First SB Next?

1 hour ago, QCity said:

And the money says Purdy, Jackson, Allen, Goff, Burrow in that order.

FCzCiTT.jpeg

Hard to argue with Vegas, but I’m not afraid of Purdy.  At no point when watching the Super Bowl did I legitimately think the Chiefs were going to lose that game.  Midway through the second half, I saw the look on Purdy’s face and his body language and knew he didn’t have it in him to rip Chiefs fans hearts out.  The same cannot be said about Josh.  He’s one of a very few players in the league against whom you can play perfect defense and he can still make a huge play.

• Agree 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:57 AM, GunnerBill said:

I would rank NFC guys first too. But of the AFC guys I still think it is Josh Allen. 

Agree.

I'd probably be more bullish on Burrow than Allen if I actually believed that Bengals ownership would extend themselves financially the way the Pegula's have. 

And even that is tempered some by Burrow's mounting injury history.    His calf and wrist injuries last year are the kind of thing you usually see with old man QB's.   

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Agree.

I'd probably be more bullish on Burrow than Allen if I actually believed that Bengals ownership would extend themselves financially the way the Pegula's have. 

And even that is tempered some by Burrow's mounting injury history.    His calf and wrist injuries last year are the kind of thing you usually see with old man QB's.   

100% agree. And also while I know not everyone here shares this opinion because he once beat the Chiefs in the playoffs I am not a Zac Taylor guy. I trust Burrow. I just don't trust the organisation around him.

• Like (+1) 1

I think it's Love. I don't see him as a guy who will need talent at most positions to succeed IE Purdy or Dak. I think he will be the best QB in the conference. I think their HC, very underrated, is one of the best in the league as well. Most importantly, the organization seems well run and fixes issues when they arise. SF might be the best team in the NFC right now. However, they are getting older. And GB is very young. The NFC is easier to get through as well. That plays a huge part.

Stroud-My second pick to get it done. I think they will own the division for the foreseeable future. And he looks like the real deal. I can see him in that Allen tier of QB's before long. 

Burrow's injury history concerns me. Two out of four years his season ended early. If I was assured he I'd healthy, this would be a different answer.

Herbert might have a great HC now. But being in the same division as KC gives me pause. And I don’t like what I've seen from Herbert in the clutch. Maybe that was Staley & it'll get fixed now. 

Most of us don't particularly see winning this division as a huge accomplishment anymore. I think Pegula does though. Especially since McD did this after the organization was in a rut for so many years. So...I have doubts they will move away from McD. Otherwise, I'd pick Allen.

Jackson-Just not a believer until it happens. He's not a guy I have any faith in whatsoever.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

100% agree. And also while I know not everyone here shares this opinion because he once beat the Chiefs in the playoffs I am not a Zac Taylor guy. I trust Burrow. I just don't trust the organisation around him.

This.

I don't trust their ownership most of all. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I think it's Love. I don't see him as a guy who will need talent at most positions to succeed IE Purdy or Dak. I think he will be the best QB in the conference. I think their HC, very underrated, is one of the best in the league as well. Most importantly, the organization seems well run and fixes issues when they arise. SF might be the best team in the NFC right now. However, they are getting older. And GB is very young. The NFC is easier to get through as well. That plays a huge part.

Stroud-My second pick to get it done. I think they will own the division for the foreseeable future. And he looks like the real deal. I can see him in that Allen tier of QB's before long. 

Burrow's injury history concerns me. Two out of four years his season ended early. If I was assured he I'd healthy, this would be a different answer.

Herbert might have a great HC now. But being in the same division as KC gives me pause. And I don’t like what I've seen from Herbert in the clutch. Maybe that was Staley & it'll get fixed now. 

Most of us don't particularly see winning this division as a huge accomplishment anymore. I think Pegula does though. Especially since McD did this after the organization was in a rut for so many years. So...I have doubts they will move away from McD. Otherwise, I'd pick Allen.

Jackson-Just not a believer until it happens. He's not a guy I have any faith in whatsoever.

This.

I don't trust their ownership most of all. 

Agree with all this except I am higher on Allen and McDermott's chances than you.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:53 AM, May Day 10 said:

Houston is going to be a major problem for the next 3 years.

Maybe, maybe not. A lot of us thought Jacksonville was going to be that team this year and look what happened.  The Texans now must clear the first hurdle a bad team must overcome when they become relevant again - repeat it. This is easier said then done as Jacksonville and the NY Giants to name just a couple of recent teams that were unable to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/14/2024 at 11:19 PM, 90sBills said:

Herbert but not Allen? Crazy talk. 

Herbert does have Harbaugh now so we will see. I personally think Allen doesn't win one. Not with us any way so technically, I guess you can say Herbert can get one over Allen

• Shocked 1

On 2/14/2024 at 11:56 PM, Mikie2times said:

I’m not talking about 13 seconds. He most certainly did anything a player could do in that game. I’m talking about the playoff game against KC. 

Any hall of fame QB in history will take the ball in that situation. So when you say he did all he could do, sorry but he needs to score on that drive. He had the chances. In addition to nearly not having a chance with the fumble. I don’t expect you to agree. That’s fine. 

Well, he got hit throwing to Shakir so......

11 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Well, he got hit throwing to Shakir so......

We did or didn't. Tired of the hypotheticals on why we didn't. Our entire forum is hypotheticals on why we didn't. Meanwhile Mahomes and KC had it's own 13 seconds in 2018 vs the Patriots we never heard about it again. Go figure.  

20 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

We did or didn't. Tired of the hypotheticals on why we didn't. Our entire forum is hypotheticals on why we didn't. Meanwhile Mahomes and KC had it's own 13 seconds in 2018 vs the Patriots we never heard about it again. Go figure.  

Maybe their fanbase does not need an all day enema like ours.

11 hours ago, QCity said:

And the money says Purdy, Jackson, Allen, Goff, Burrow in that order.

FCzCiTT.jpeg

If there was any way to bet Jackson would not be a starting and ending QB in a Superbowl win in next 5 years I'd bet on it.

Like previous coaching staff Ravens staff is covering for his weaknesses but just differently now.

12 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

You're saying he has to score on that drive. The pass he tries score on, he gets bumped as he throws it, otherwise it's a catch. He only had one other down after that to get a TD before the field goal. Like seriously, how do you put that on Allen at all?

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

You're saying he has to score on that drive. The pass he tries score on, he gets bumped as he throws it, otherwise it's a catch. He only had one other down after that to get a TD before the field goal. Like seriously, how do you put that on Allen at all?

I don't sit here and say what if Valdes-Scantling caught that long throw vs Green Bay at the end? What if KC had a defense in 2018 when Brady came back against them in the AFC Championship? What if Toney wasn't Offside? The rather hilarious thing about this forum of late as it relates to Josh and McD is people only want to play the revisionist history for things that didn't go our way. So the things that went our way are apparently earned but the things that didn't are unlucky. Toney isn't Offside and we don't even make the playoffs. Josh's fumble on the last drive is recovered by KC as it should have been and the game is over. He had 3 downs and 2 passing downs. If he completes one pass he might earn another. He didn't make it happen. I don't micro analyze every successful or unsuccessful game winning drive absolving the participants for things that occurred on singular plays. Nobody remembers these things about other players, just our fans and our players and really, just Josh and McD. The list would go on forever about the would of should of could have beens if you really want to play this game.

Edited by Mikie2times

On 2/14/2024 at 3:06 PM, GoBills808 said:

i get the rationale behind not listing Allen tbh

look at his playoff stats. He literally can't do any better and the Bills haven't even come close

Maybe is my not native English speaking / reading, but how can I read "have not even come close", when JH10 has only gone once (?) to playoffs in his young career, JB09 makes it only every other year, even understanding he made it to THE GAME, and so on...