Does this team actually have the guts to move on from Tre White?

Jim

21 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Please explain how you know this.  As has been pointed out in this conversation, many people come back from achilles injuries without lingering issues.

One thing that concerns me is that he has had two, back to back, season ending, non contact injuries.

This has to get into a player's head and effect their performance going forward. How do you train or plan to avoid these things? 

Edited by cd1

On 2/13/2024 at 3:51 AM, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

This guy is right. Zone corners aren't so important that they have to keep him and pray he comes back and balls out. They have Douglas anyway so move on and take the $6M savings. Easy call honestly. But they'll probably get it wrong anyway.

Right, because this organization has been an abject failure for the past seven years, making every wrong decision possible.

Time to go into hibernation for a couple of months so I can come back to read the flaming hot takes after the draft.

48 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

The pain and utter despair is beginning to sink in with Bills fans.

The "pain and utter despair" of four consecutive AFC East championships is overwhelming indeed...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 hours ago, aristocrat said:

This is what kills me. Milano, tre, von. 60 mil or so in cap space and we still took kc to the limit. Those guys on the field at their highest ability and we win. 

Hope tre got the rodgers surgery cause maybe he can come back 

I think there is a lesson with Von regarding BIG money for an older player. He was an "all in" signing. Meanwhile, KC has found a way to be all in every year without signing Methuselah.

Tre and Milano are young enough to have been worth a big contract- just bad luck.

• Like (+1) 1

They will move on and take the dead cap hit unless Tre massively restructures his deal to take less money in exchange for a better shot to make the team or get “red shirted” at a lower salary than what his dead cap would be.

I am not cap expert so I will have to defer to the many TBD cap scientists to see if it would actually be possible for Tre to redo his deal in that type of capacity or not?

On 2/13/2024 at 3:18 AM, Governor said:

I wasn’t referring to Hamlin. He’s a fringe player. Tre White is already a great example of a player that should’ve been traded 2 seasons ago.

The Bills have a different issue going on now also. Most of our players on defense aren’t tradable due to McD’s scheme. It very well could be true that not many teams were really interested in White’s services a few years ago.

If you think back to Carolina and Josh Norman at his peak, there wasn’t a huge market for him compared to Revis and others because he was strictly a zone guy. He did get paid in Washington but it was clear that there wasn’t much interest elsewhere.

But, it’s done. It’s fine. We didn’t get out in front of that one but the decision is easy now with White.

Will Beane prove my point? I bet he does.

Why the hell would u trade away an All pro CB like Tre White in his prime? The injury was not foreseeable and his trade value plummets if they tried trading him post injury. People don’t remember how good White was in his prime. A true lock down corner. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/12/2024 at 10:46 PM, Jim said:

Here's the thing. I'm not Brandon Beane, Sean McDipshit or Terry Pegula. They can let him down easy when they cut his ass an wish him well. I'm a fan who wants to win. It seems like Tre is a wonderful young man. But guess what? He hasn't do ***** to help us win in a long time. So guess what? So long *****. See ya when you're back to "lead the charge!"

your and idiot

sorry

your ranting anger has no place here. Sean mcdip++++  not cool. at least you capitalized

Did you create a log on just to be heard?

I like honest democratic discourse. But you ? Are not that

• Like (+1) 1

White and Beane need to have a man to man conversation.  If White gets cut he will be lucky to get a PS offer sometime mid-season. 

If he takes a huge paycut, he still gets paid more than in free agency and has a chance to rehab and maybe make a transition to safety.

A payout is win win. But if White won't agree then he needs to be cut. I just don't know if it is better now or after June 1

9 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Why the hell would u trade away an All pro CB like Tre White in his prime? The injury was not foreseeable and his trade value plummets if they tried trading him post injury. People don’t remember how good White was in his prime. A true lock down corner. 

Calling a 29 year old CB, who never fully returned to form in any consistent manner following a torn ACL and then tore his Achilles, "in his prime"... is a bit of a stretch. We haven't seen "in his prime" Tre White since November of 2021.

If he were in his prime, we wouldn't trade him and we wouldn't have given up a Day 2 pick for Rasul Douglas. Now we won't trade him because no one in their right mind would take on the contract he's under in the shape he's in, in the first place - let alone give up Draft compensation to do it. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.