Next year, it’s our Lombardi.

Beast

1 minute ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Beane has to strengthen our defense and grab another top flight receiver to make this a strong possibility.

Bills need to spend two of the first three picks on WR. Bills then need to look at Safeties

3 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Bills need to spend two of the first three picks on WR. Bills then need to look at Safeties

Tom Brady won without Randy Moss.

Mahomes JUST won the Super Bowl with aging Kelce and no name receivers.

We just witnessed that defense still wins championships. Let's see what Beane really does during the Summer.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

We beat the winner in their house. Cmon now. 

And they beat us in ours when it really mattered. That should have been so many ways in our favor. But it didn't. Should not have come down to that last field goal. Our D played hard until the last 10 or so minutes. But our players except for Josh come up small when it matters. 

Spags, Reid and Allen would have won in KC.
Spags, Reid and Allen would have won in Buffalo

McD squared and Mahomes in KC would have lost to Spags, Reid and Allen from Buffalo.

I am not saying McD is evil or a bad person. He's just not that kind of coach. And to be fair Reid wasn't that kind of coach until he had Mahomes. But he would have done the same for Allen.

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The same people who are saying there's no way it's going to happen with McDermott/Beane running things are the same people who thought there's no way we win out to even make the playoffs sitting at 6-6.  Ignore them.

That was an epic end of the season run to the playoffs, never to be forgotten.  Have you ordered the DVD memorializing it for eternity yet?

I'm sure it will be talked about for decades. Only with McDs leadership could they have pulled that off....

• Haha (+1) 1

It took Josh Allen playing Super Human, James Cook playing at Pro Bowl level, Dalton Kincaid emergence, and the defense twisting their towels to get every last drop of play making ability out of them to get the 2nd seed this year.

The defense took mega hits this season. Our defense got old, dusted, and injured. And yet people here still wanting Beane to draft 4 WRs in this year's draft. Don't be ridiculous.

Our offense managed to be tops in the NFL in 3rd down conversions with this core of receivers even with Stefon Diggs falling off. We can see Beane drafting, at most, 2 WRs. That's it, brah. Can't go beyond 2.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Laugh all you ***** want.

The Bills and Bills Mafia will be celebrating our ever living asses off next February.

Just wait and see.

Don’t have to wait and see….

Not a chance in Hades that McClappy is getting this team TO the big game, much less win it.

7 hours ago, Beast said:

Laugh all you ***** want.

The Bills and Bills Mafia will be celebrating our ever living asses off next February.

Just wait and see.

Not it's not, they leaked next year's script at the trophy presentation, it'll be a KC three peat 

7 hours ago, Beast said:

You think we will be worse than we were with an absolutely depleted defense three weeks ago?

I don’t.

In fact, I think we will be much better.

We will win our division again next year and anything is possible after that!  Really need to be healthy though on offense and defense for the playoffs!

• Like (+1) 1

All this bed wetting from some of our fans.   You whine as if we are miles away when in fact both our last two losses against KC the game could have gone either way.

The Bills are on the cusp of getting over the hump.

Also, the main core players will still be here for the Bills next year, we have 3 new players on offense who broke out, Shakir/Cook/Kincaid.   That should give fans a lot of hope, get another playmaker through the draft and a couple other solid picks on defense and this team will be ready to take the #1 spot barring significant injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

You think the Bengals will be worse with Burrow? The Texans with Stroud having another year? Kansas City with some cap room? 

Add in Harbaugh who will probably get the Chargers turned around as well.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Do you really trust McDermott and Beane to draft heavy offense (specifically wrs) after what we've witnessed since 2018.  We have not drafted a 1st round wr in the McD/ Allen era.  And don't say Diggs cause he was a trade, which in hindsight tells us now we probably selected the wrong player(Jefferson?). I expect nothing less than WR, 1T, FS, WR in the first 4 picks.  

I expect WR early, and its a deep draft at the position. The order you have outlined is rational, and I don't think it is outlandish for Beane and McDermott to make rational selections. Regardless of past preferences, I suspect they realize just as well as most of this board that improving the WR room is key to maximizing the chances of post-season success. (Though I can certainly see them going D in the first if the board falls a certain way.)

Yeah if Josh gets in the film room and watches every snap of his playoff performance when it mattered versus Mahomes. Maybe He’ll learn something. Like the rest of us I love My Qb. I love watching him play , I love how humble he uis I love the heart he puts into his play.  Unfortunately he doesn’t have the heart of a champion. Even more upsetting is it doesn’t consume him when he loses. If it did he’d have 3 rings instead of Mahomes.

he doesn’t use his brain in the moment and I’m not sure his coaches can teach him that…

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Jim said:

Why shouldn't we have a loser mentality? This the town that celebrates Scott Norwood and chants his name after he blows our greatest opportunity to win a Super Bowl? The town who shows up to the airport to greet our losers after they lose.

So yes, we have a shot every year and we blow it. We bring in nice guys with feel good stories and the one scumbag we bring in (Von) ends up being a ***** bust. Josh is wonderful, amazing, but his coach is a loser who was fired by one of the all time great winners.

Perhaps if the team wants to get serious about winning, we start by replacing cute stories like Damar Hamlin with actual players who can contribute. Damar seems like a wonderful man and it's beautiful that he is still alive and breathing. But pay him to be a brand ambassador or something. Don't snap the ball to him in a critical playoff moment. And while we're at it, if Tre White is brought back at his current deal then this, even more than Hamlin, shows that this is not a team who is committed to winning. If there is ANY way he comes back he needs to take a MAJOR pay cut or they can send his ass packing. Sucks that he got hurt, but he's being paid top of the line money and honestly the only Tre White play I remember from '21, '22 or '23 is him giving up one of those inexplicable catches to Garrett Wilson in the Jets game that resulted in a TD. But surely, Sean and Brandon "really believe in Tre and he's making great strides and he's a big part of this team," which means a severely compromised Tre should be back on the field by November 2024 and should probably start playing at a reasonable level by October 2025.

And if a player shows you who he is, like Tyler Bass, cut him yesterday. He totally showed his ass this postseason. Looked like an absolutely amateur when trying to lock-up the Pittsburgh game, and the less said about his big KC kick, the better. He doesn't "deserve another chance." He was a total drag on this team all postseason, and honestly I even question him on 13 seconds. I know he's "just a kicker" but was our entire sideline so braindead that nobody thought to ask that kicking the ball out of the end zone might not be the best course of action?

And speaking of that, McDermott's decision making really must be compromised. How did he look at what Sam Martin was doing the week before the KC playoff game and think that guy could punt? If it looked anything like the garbage we saw that night, McD needs his brain checked. The guy couldn't kick. And apparently his holding expertise wasn't needed with little Norwood Jr, cuz that ***** wasn't hitting the broadside of a barn in a clutch moment this postseason.

Or putting AJ Klein on Kelce? I thought McD was a defensive guru. I don't pretend to know football like he does, but I probably coulda told you that a recently retired, washed up, slow SOB was not a good choice to put on the best tight end in the game, but what do I know?

Next year we won't have 12 men on the field in a critical moment or play the sidelines against a team down three with three timeouts. Surely we won't have our all-world QB leave the field with a lead multiple times to lose to the absolute dregs of the league. We won't come within a hairs breadth of losing to Easton Stick. Von Miller is totally gonna show up. And Greg Rousseau will become a game changer. And Ed Oliver will show up in the playoffs.

Also don't forget....

image.png.bc7b3bef55ae1b966f93c292930e05ab.png  

Actually, no you're not. You're a loudmouth who doesn't show up when the big moment calls for it. At least not in Buffalo. But keep talkin' Stef. Maybe you can join your bro in Dallas soon.

Someone who hates the team should just move on.  This is not what sports is about.  
like the dude above me who questions Josh’s heart cause he wants Josh to have a mental breakdown on camera.  

Edited by nedboy7

9 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And you’re entitled to your opinion as well. Just don’t be surprised when it ends up exactly the same next year. Because….it will. 

I won’t be surprised.  I know how hard it is to win Super Bowls.  Maybe the niners should fire shanahan.  He’s obviously never going to win one….. he’s had his chance…. No

9 hours ago, Jim said:

I really wanna believe this. But what have you seen that makes you think our coaching will be better? And because we're Buffalo are big swing was taken on a scumbag (Von) who broke down not long after getting here, our "nice value FA signings" are jokers like Harty and Sherfield. And once again we'll put garbage on the field at WR next year and we'll be so surprised that some 4th string Vikings or Jaguars wideout isn't the needle mover we needed.

I do look forward, however, to seeing what undersized DT we take in the first round. Also it'll be nice to see what fourth round WR "steal" Beane finds in the draft who won't even make the active roster. Super excited for next season for sure!

I believe coaches can improve.  I believe McD has improved.  That’s not to say I think McD is a great coach or will definitely lead us to a SB, I just don’t think the current situation (losing to an all time great dynasty year in year out) is all on McD. 

I’ve been on record in saying that I hoped we had fired McD if we could’ve replaced him with Ben Johnson, but we don’t know if Johnson would’ve even joined us.  Chance could be good.  It could be bad.  I’m not against it.  I’m just not in the camp that McD is and always will be incapable of winning a SB.  

The last paragraph shows that you obviously have a different general level of optimism regarding the team and this regime, so I expect you to feel as you do.  I can understand why you feel like you do.  I just don’t agree with it 💯 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.