Daniel Jeremiah top 50 prospects . Who are the Bills drafting?

DJB

11 hours ago, H2o said:

If that draft pick is T'Vondre Sweat, I'm good with that. I'm starting to think he won't make it to our 2nd. Him and Ed O together on that D-line would be a nightmare for opposing offenses. He's 6'4", 360lbs, and he moves extremely well for a guy his size. 

Gonna still need depth if they take Sweat - he might not be able to play more than 50% of snaps at that size.

17 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I wouldn't hate it at all.  If he fell to our pick we'd be getting a starting corner or safety with potential to be a great player.  

Did he wrestle?  He looks like a wrestler, and he plays for Iowa.  Iowa has a good wrestling team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Gonna still need depth if they take Sweat - he might not be able to play more than 50% of snaps at that size.

DaQuan only played 44% of the snaps. If Sweat plays 50% of the snaps then that's already more than DaQuan. 

12 minutes ago, H2o said:

DaQuan only played 44% of the snaps. If Sweat plays 50% of the snaps then that's already more than DaQuan. 

Was that 44% only counting the games he played in?  He did miss several games due to injury.  Anyway, that is the point - Oliver and a rookie still would require at least 2 backup DTs, so they have to be found somewhere.

20 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It was sarcastic because the board will implode when we draft him, and if he is there McBeane would SPRINT to the podium to get him.

I’d actually be ok with him.  Then I would want to see 2 WR’s in Rd. 2 (trade back into rd. 2). 

20 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

With the 28th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, The Buffalo Bills select Chop Robinson - Edge - Penn St.

With AJ and Floyd leaving via Free Agency and Von's Knee not quite right the Bills need a pass rusher and Robinson is tops on their board.

this would be a horrendous pick in Rd 1. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I’d actually be ok with him.  Then I would want to see 2 WR’s in Rd. 2 (trade back into rd. 2). 

AS we should be. Kid is a baller.

Reminds me of a cross between Luke Keuchley and Micah Hyde.

Not sure about burning multiple picks just to get a 2nd 2nd round WR. With this class we could probably hold tight, keep our picks to fill defensive holes, and still grab more WR talent in the 4th. I'm thinking we double dip as 1st round/5th round, or 2nd round/4th round. Depending who falls where. :thumbsup:

4 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Was that 44% only counting the games he played in?  He did miss several games due to injury.  Anyway, that is the point - Oliver and a rookie still would require at least 2 backup DTs, so they have to be found somewhere.

They will be. Jones will probably be back on a modest deal and another veteran a little long in the tooth but still productive can be had for a nice price sooner or later in free agency.i

9 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Looking at the snaps played, he averaged around 52 snaps per game this year.  He got hurt early vs Jax and only played 4.5% that game, which brings his average down.  The finale vs Miami he played 63.5%

Since it’s very unlikely we go WR in both Round 1 & 2,

Leave Round 1 with any of these

Odunze

Nabers

Brian Thomas Jr

Troy Franklin

Tez Walker

maybe the animal DT Sweat falls into Round 2 for us similar to Torrence.

that would be an extremely good start

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

If we lose Floyd and AJE as UFAs I think Chop Robinson is a smart move. As Von might be better next year but we still have to look towards the future and Chop could be a successor to Von.

please no more DE’s in round 1. Ugh.

On 1/30/2024 at 12:30 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

He has our boy Cooper DeJean ranked conveniently right at our pick.

DeJean won't last that long, but if he does... prepare yourselves, Bills fans.

I think the board can handle drafting a DB/Safety in the first. But CB...and not just a CB....a WHITE CB.....sheesh. 

RIP

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think the board can handle drafting a DB/Safety in the first. But CB...and not just a CB....a WHITE CB.....sheesh. 

RIP

Haha, he'd be a Safety for us and likely take over Hyde's spot as well as be a monster that Babich/McD can move around and play a ton of different roles. Like Polamalu.

Playing him at CB would be sand-bagging him and taking away so much of his potential to roam the field and make plays.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Haha, he'd be a Safety for us and likely take over Hyde's spot as well as be a monster that Babich/McD can move around and play a ton of different roles. Like Polamalu.

Playing him at CB would be sand-bagging him and taking away so much of his potential to roam the field and make plays.

I am admittedly not a huge college guy. I have no meaningful opinion. 

I really appreciate you and all the other draft wonks on this board in the offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.